Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enhancing the battle circle boost bubbles

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Right now, when you cast something like Wyldfire or Balefrost, all it does is boost the spells (for both sides) that match it.

I'm suggesting a few enhancements.

1. it should weaken the opposing school spells - I.E. a Wyldfire boost would enhance fire spells for both sides (as it does now) AND weaken ice spells for both sides.

2. it should act as a non-dispellable weaken for anyone in the battle whose primary school is the opposite of it - I.E. A Balefrost ring would cause anyone in the circle - player or computer controlled enemy - whose primary school is fire to cast all spells (even if they aren't fire spells) at a minus for the time that the ring is active.

3. It should act as an additional enhancement for all spells for anyone in the battle whose primary school is the opposite of it - I.E. A Darkwind ring would cause anyone in the circle - player or computer controlled enemy - whose primary school is storm to cast all spells (even if they aren't storm spells) an extra boost for the time that the ring is active.

My thoughts behind these suggestions are as follows:

Assume you are an ice creature, or a mage who lives with ice. If you are suddenly surrounded by a blazing ring of fire you should melt - become weak, ineffective, sluggish.

However for anyone that IS a fire creature, or a mage whose life is centered around fire, you should suddenly become energized, alert, doing better at everything including healing yourself.

This could even work with gloom and doom vrs Sanctuary - with gloom and doom boosting everything for death creatures/mages and sanctuary causing all sorts of problems for death creatures/mages