Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I dont know if this belongs under wizard city but i am angry about luska. It took me an hour just to get one attack in! i know it is supposed to be hard but come on! luska should give different accuracy things for different schools.

~Kelly Dragonmask level 60 fire
~Adam Dragonfiner level 60 life
~Wolf Dragonmask level 60 death
~Cody Griffencatcher level 60 storm

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ever Hear of Unstoppable??? InFailable???

You want to complain rather than think of a way to get your attacks off??

Here is some advice, go to the bazaar, buy unstoppable treasure cards.. They are really cheap and add 30% accuracy to your attack card... You can also go under Balance and buy Precision, that adds another 15%... How many more ways would you like KI to make for you? You want the enemies to just fall over for you when you look at them?

Here, have a cookie, it will make you fell better...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
sparkyman987654321... wrote:
I dont know if this belongs under wizard city but i am angry about luska. It took me an hour just to get one attack in! i know it is supposed to be hard but come on! luska should give different accuracy things for different schools. ~Kelly Dragonmask level 60 fire ~Adam Dragonfiner level 60 life ~Wolf Dragonmask level 60 death ~Cody Griffencatcher level 60 storm
i think if he didn't make you fizzle all the time he would be too easy. it is a bit frustratingly time consuming, though. the first time i fought him, i was solo and ran out of cards. haven't made that mistake again! -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
It really took you that long? It only took me and 3 other friends to defeat him in 20 minutes.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Well there is a strategy for beating him and it is implied that you need to do the waterworks dungeon with a group. The player in the first spot gets inked every round so it is hard for that player to inflict much damage on him.
When you are in a group the other players can both help the first player stack blades, provide shields and healing and even attack Luska too.
If you insist on fighting him alone, and that is how it sounds, then you should expect the frustration that comes with that decision.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Here is some advice, go to the bazaar, buy unstoppable treasure cards.. They are really cheap and add 30% accuracy to your attack card... You can also go under Balance and buy Precision, that adds another 15%... How many more ways would you like KI to make for you? You want the enemies to just fall over for you when you look at them?

I have done this thing 476 times and this is the only time that took me more then an hour! i have unstappable on it and a presician for you information! and i know it is supposed to be hard but come on! It took me an hour for one attack to hit and it took me 5 hours for him to die! that isnt cool at all, heckhound had over one hundred accuracy and still wouldnt hit, when it finally did it for your information it had unstopable and the treasure and normal life and balance accuracy boost!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:
Well there is a strategy for beating him and it is implied that you need to do the waterworks dungeon with a group. The player in the first spot gets inked every round so it is hard for that player to inflict much damage on him.
When you are in a group the other players can both help the first player stack blades, provide shields and healing and even attack Luska too.
If you insist on fighting him alone, and that is how it sounds, then you should expect the frustration that comes with that decision.

i wasnt alone! i had a full group with death balance and life

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparkyman987654321... wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I have done this thing 476 times and this is the only time that took me more then an hour! i have unstappable on it and a presician for you information! and i know it is supposed to be hard but come on! It took me an hour for one attack to hit and it took me 5 hours for him to die! that isnt cool at all, heckhound had over one hundred accuracy and still wouldnt hit, when it finally did it for your information it had unstopable and the treasure and normal life and balance accuracy boost!

Well, lets see, if you had Unstoppable, add 30% to 75% = 105% add gear boosts for fire +19% = 124% add infailable for 4 rounds = 134% add in life and balance accuracy boosts = another 20% is 154%...

Now Ink is -50% accuracy...

Sorry, but if you truly had all these things, you could not fizzle...

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
well I always hated luska he was almost impossible for just two people I'm ice and my friend is balance :? it took us like 3 hours to defeat him but I got my hat I think instead of smoke screen do a -90% weakness or something I am sick and tired of me fizzling in that battle :x sincerely, Brian deathblade

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Personally I think Luska is fine. I'm fire, which means low accuracy, but I can still get a hit in frequently. Also before I get inked, I can use dragon, since it a hit all spell.

My annoyance comes from how long it takes to complete waterworks. Four hours they put on the dungeon warning. It will often take longer. First you have to gather a team of three, preferably four, then you have to go through it. I simply don't have the time to spend four hours in waterworks, over and over again. I was trying to farm it for amulets, but gave up. I wish they would eliminate two of the corridors. The one directly before and after Luska. This would cut down on the time it would take and I would be able to do it more.

Also if you only have two people your doomed at Sylster, although I have made it through Luska with just two people - fire and death. Still I also find this annoying as I like to fight alone.

Porting- I think I understand that with the time it takes, they don’t want people shortcutting by porting in. However, I wish you could port back to your team, if you die, or need to refill mana. Perhaps, if you went in with the person your trying to port to, it would allow it. Also I have add my internet connection bleep out for just a little bit, not even a minute, and when I get back on, I can’t rejoin my team. This has happened when I am almost to Sylster. I don’t know enough about the water works coding to suggest how to fix it, but it needs a fix.

Another addition for water works would be more things to say in menu chat. Do you want to do water works with me? when you don't have the quest anymore. We need more people. Don't attack yet. Use a trap. Use a blade. Wait, its going to switch. Its blades now. Its traps now. Use an attack to all spell. Perhaps this could show up when you get the water works quest as it directly pertains to it.

Thanks for listening.
Fallon Fireeyes

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I've done waterworks several times and it's never taken more than 2 hours, sometimes less.

You can go back in waterworks if you die or disconnect, you have to go in front entrance alone and must be in same realm as your teammates.

Just did it last night on my fire, I was first with Luska and got several hits in without any of the treasurers on it. My accurancy is 19%. Sometimes I think it's just the luck of the draw. When I did it on my death in the front spot, I could hardly get a hit in. My storm got lots of hits in lol

The suggestions made for additions to menu chat are a great idea.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
man3100 wrote:
well I always hated luska he was almost impossible for just two people I'm ice and my friend is balance :? it took us like 3 hours to defeat him but I got my hat I think instead of smoke screen do a -90% weakness or something I am sick and tired of me fizzling in that battle :x sincerely, Brian deathblade
well i wouldn't stand -90% weakness cause then you'd never defeat him and in some parts like when he does the legendary death spell.......... not cool

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
well maybe not -90% maybe -30% and luska now uses power link instead of skeletal dragon :-)

oh and you can tell i legendary ice!

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
You can go back in waterworks if you die or disconnect, you have to go in front entrance alone and must be in same realm as your teammates.

Usually, yes this works, but not always. The times I am complaining about are the times when I go back in, alone, in the same realm, and I still can't get in. Probably just a glitch, but still annoying and hopefully fixable.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
saego wrote:

Usually, yes this works, but not always. The times I am complaining about are the times when I go back in, alone, in the same realm, and I still can't get in. Probably just a glitch, but still annoying and hopefully fixable.

Did you:

Log out, leave through the Dungeon entrance, or go to another dungeon? Play a Mini-game, go to a PvP or Derby match, or go to your home?

Any of those above will reset the dungeon immediately. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Nope, I died. Took a potion, and went back. It had reset. The realm was right. But thanks for the info, i'll keep it in mind.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
saego wrote:

Yes, we've discovered it doesn't always work too. A friend disconnected in waterworks and tried to get back in. We were in same realm, but an Area that wasn't made available to her so she couldn't get back in. This happened right after the Luska battle so we just started over lol. Took us 2 1/2 hours to do the dungeon 1 1/2 times :)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I've completed the Waterworks several times with 4, 3, and 2 wizards. The 2 wizard group took just over an hour and 20 minutes to complete the entire dungeon. It seems the larger the group, the longer the completion time, in my experience.

Regarding Luska, with a team of two, he's not so difficult, as long as you can keep the wizard in the first circle alive, but he does take some time. I fought him with my Balance wizard and my Myth friend, and we did very well. My life mastery amulet really showed it's benefit, though. And I was doubly happy to have crafted the level 55 balance/life robe and hat.

I suggest looking at some strategy suggestions on Wizard101 Central or another fan site. Luska has rules, of course, but if you know them, you can work with and around them.

Have fun,

Rowan Earthsong, Legendary Sorceress

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Ah, I wouldn't be concerned with the fizzling. Even that can be worked around. (Multi-enemy attacks, anyone?) But what has gotten on my nerves the last couple run arounds in Waterworks is the fact that it isn't worth the 2 hrs to do it with the extremely sorry drops from the two main boss fights. Fact is, Nastrond has been the more profitable dungeon lately both is having items to sell and items I could truly use.
With Waterworks extreme length of time and difficulty (sometimes) to do...I suggest getting some kind of drop at the end of it all to make it worth doing. Otherwise, it appears the crafted items from Celestia still have a place in a wizard's backpack.