Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 is Too Slow!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I got on this morning, and Wizard101 was very slow. I didn't mind, because I thought it was because there were so many players on. But then it started lagging in a pet derby, and I was unable to get my pet to move where I wanted when I wanted, and it kept moving me back to where I was two seconds ago. Then it started affecting my battles to where it makes me pass turns because its lagging so much. So I decided to train my pet. But guess what? On the maze game, it was so slow!! My pet was getting snacks and it said I didn't get them, and then I used a gobble the ghosts star, and I kept getting frozen!! Right after I used it! What is going on!?!?!?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
I don't think it has anything to do with Wizard101. This happened to me on my old laptop. Try rebooting your PC, or else you may need to use another computer. Goodluck getting it fixed!

Thanks
Michael Ice

Administrator
Hello there!

Very strange behavior indeed!! When this happens it can almost always be identified as Internet Latency. This doesn't mean that your connection to the internet is slow or that the Spiral is too full. What it can mean is that the route your game data takes to get from your home to the Spiral is taking a different route, or has experienced some trouble along the way.

If the Spiral sends your game client some information and you get it, but because of some issue the Spiral doesn't get the response back, then your game will respond with stutters, stops and skips.

You may even experience the "broken chain" icon. When you see that it means your connection is suffering from some serious trouble. The good news is that most, if not all of, we'll call it "Internet bad weather" can clear up on it's own over time. (hours to day).

However, if it doesn't clear up in a day or two go ahead and contact our support folks and they'll begin to walk you through how to check the route your game data takes and to see if they can help identify where the bad mojo is along that route.

See you in the Spiral!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
I'd just like to note. I am living in Tokyo, Japan. From the hours of 9pm to 2am my connection virtually dissapears. I can log into the game but the moment I do I loose connection. This is a daily occurance, no observed exceptions. For the half hour before and after those times I experience latency issues. ie. My pet won't pick up snacks in the maze game even if I stand over them for a couple of seconds. The rest of the day is fine. I almost never experience latency or disconnects. Unfortunately, because of the hours that I work, 10pm to 2am is my optimal time to play. :( I don't know if KingsIsle is concerned with this sort of issue, but I'd like it be known. Thanks.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
i am having the same issues as the OP and sethwenn. Who should i contact? This happens all the time ESPECIALLY in the waterworks.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
I have this issue every day and it annoys me so much!! :(
Also it get me into battles that I don't want and as a result, i have to flee and refill my mana!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
i have this problem on my PC so i got a laptop,but then i noticed why it was lagging...
To many icons!
well mayby that,so heres how to cheak:
go on a different game and play it.If its lagging then its the icons,if its not then idk(i dont know)whats going on