Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon's Hoard Pack!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
hi everyone my name is josh, and yes i am a guy just sharing an account with his sister. i am 20 and she is 19 but aside from the point i want to make. khrone(sry if i spelled it wrong) but i see nothing wrong in your point i agree with you 100%. your point is basically spoken out of consideration for yourself and others that play the game. so hat tips off to ya lol. now as for this dragon hoard pack. the price is fair 399 crowns. but not its on sale 199 crowns and just now i blew up 13750 crowns and didnt even get the mount. yup dissappointed and angry i was. i believe there was a catch to the sale. yes its an epic drop but i think because of the sale KI decrease the ratio of this "epic" drop. it wouldnt suprise me and i am the type to keep my mind open on these things. and i already know that half of you here are gonna chew me out and call me a whiner because i didnt get it. well imma say something ahead of time: i work 40.5 hours every week and i earned my money and they fact of the matter is if KI is gonna do something like the dragon hoards pack then give a fair shot at getting rare items not impossible rare. i been playing rpgs all my life and yes rare is supposed to be very difficult to get but KI takes rare to a point where you feel as if the item is just a "myth"(ha i wonder how many caught the joke). but i wasted 25 bucks worth of crowns so far and honestly i have better things to do with my money. congrats to those that got it i am not a hater. goodnight all and best of luck in your future gameplay.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
wow, this is the best thing ever to happen to w101 :D! well one of them, celestia was pretty cool too XD, but still. i got the bone dragon the wings and full vigilant gear but no sword I:. i going to keep on trying though. but ty soooooooo much :D!

cya in the spiral,
Paul Stormglade, level 60 diviner

sword is awesome though i am still trying 4 the mount hope u get it!!!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
I got the epic dragon bone mount twice in a row , but i cant get the double handed blade. :(

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Nihad1510 wrote:
I got the epic dragon bone mount twice in a row , but i cant get the double handed blade. :(

O.O' seriously?

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
lol just gonna go hands down and say this pack is evil o. o its causing some havoc especially all the people asking for packs and getting mad when you say no plus i might just think there evil since I've been wasting all my crowns for a month trying to get the bone dragon

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Hate to brag but, 35 packs got me
2 bone dragon mounts
3 dragon wings
1 of each helmet
1 of each body
1 of each legs
(doubles n triples of these armors)
2x swords
9 x dragon pets
1 sea pet thingy
loads of seeds
loads of cards
loads of pet food
loads of stuff to sell

Then I gifted 15 packs to my wife.
She got the dragon mount and wings, 1 sword, 1 of each armor, couple pets, lots of cards n food, stuff to sell and she was happy with that.

Did the same for my kids and they got all they needed within 10 packs each.

Now we are a Dragon Rider Family

Thank you 50% off best time to do it, 2 for the price of one, double your chance. Cheers KI..
Flamers will be /ignored
Whiners will be /ignored
Older player

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Sweetness is...

So I notice the Dragon Hoard cards are on sale for 199 and figure why not buy a few packs. I had previously only bought/gifted about 7 or 8 packs and gotten a robe, boots (for stitching) and a two handed sword for my legendary Balance wiz... I was not particularly interested in the bone dragon since it is so huge.
So anyway I use up about 4k in crowns , (not really having anything else to do with them), gifting to my son and some friends and then some packs for myself not really expecting anything in particular.
This time I use my newest level 10 death wiz and was surprised to get a two handed sword for level 10 that includes a bonus pip and does 90 damage - ikr, Awesome!
Then the biggest surprise of all is I get a Sea Dragon pet? I didn't even know those were in the cards. I had wanted one for the longest but was too stingy to fork over the 12.5k in crowns... lol
Even better, my son checks his cards and he gets a Sea Dragon pet too!

I am grinning ear to ear now, especially since I was so skeptical about the cards to begin with. My son is thrilled too and we can't wait to get the new pets trained and ready for action...

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
My opinion is that the dragon hoard pack should be less crowns cause i'm wasting all my crowns for nothing, i only get, like house items,regents ,pet snacks, clothes, and dragonrider wings!!! ( lots of dragonrider wings!! )!!
Come on, when is the bone dragon gonna finally come to me??!!
That is my opinion but it may not be yours.
Also, to the people that have the bone dragon mount YOUR AWESOME!!!

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
this is going to sound crazy but I was trying to find a castle that isn't even in the pack. :)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I have spent over 10k in crowns to try and get a sword. And for kids that is a significant amount of dollars to waste. This game shouldn't be how to extort $$$ from kids who will hound their parents for gift cards. What type of society have we become?

Survivor
Jan 25, 2011
ShiroTagachi898 wrote:
MPaul8 wrote:
Thanks Prof. Greyrose! Boy is it hard to get that Dragon Bone mount! I've spent 15000 crowns trying to get it, still no luck :P

Thanks
MPaul8

Dude it was so funny, me and my friend got on, and he hadn't been on in a couple months, so right when he saw the Bone Dragon, he said "I want one of those, where do you get one?" So I told him it's a high chance of not getting it, and he said oh well I'm gonna try it. So on his first pack he opened it and there was the Bone Dragon. Lucky lucky boy. He sees a new ultra-rare mount and ten seconds later he has one of his own. I guess some people are just lucky. :D
Ok i did same thing first pack dragon mount many many packs later a sword more people rubbed that sword in my face then i saw with mounts. Also switch mounts and items when going through commons wearing a disquise there helps alot. Have been reported for saying no for friend requests but not for saying no to beggers lucky i guess. WOLF IRONPANTS and Wolf Spiritlore i think forgot my new name i believe .

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
I got the Bone Dragon on my first try, the very same week I beat Gurtok Barrier Demon. The luck never ends.

Tyler Summertail Level 54 Grandmaster Pyromancer

"My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing."- Emo Philips

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I read this forum wondering how to even get the dragon mount. I had about 800 crowns on me so I decided to try. And in a few tries I got a whole outfit, a bunch of housing items, and the mount. I don't think it's fair that I get it for 800 when people have been spending 1000's. KI should do something about it. It is a form of gambling that shouldn't be taught to kids.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
I have strong disagreement about those packs.
I have spent over 70.000 Crowns ended up with lots of pets hundreds of useless house items (useless for me) and not the dragon mount I wanted. My disagreement it's not so much on the fact that this is a form of gambling (which it is) but on the fact that no one tells you the possibilities. Even in the adv of these packs It states clearly that there is a possibility of getting it (the mount among other things) and after I spent so much crowns I learned by emailing to ki that the possibilities is not even 1 in the 100 you can buy forever and never get what you want cause after every purchase the possibilities goes to zero again!!!!!! That means endless possibilities ( worst kind of gambling) If I knew that from the beginning I would not have bought those package or I would have paid significant less crowns. Me as other players believe that this is a mislead I believe that this is not stated clearly in the advertisement ( one thing is ultra rare or rare and another endless possibilities) of the product cause if it was a lot of people would reconsider it seriously before Spending so much crowns.I was buying and buying cause I thought that ok a few times and I will take it but this was not the case. Other issues like this has been arosen. Search by terms of gambling in the forum.
As a conclusion.
1)I think this pack is a form of gambling not suitable for the young ages that plays it.
2) Ki should state much more clearly some possibilities of things to happen or not, to the game interface or in the game manual so every player can understand perfectly clear everything( does not every player read the forum nor he/she are obligated to).
3) ki should put some kind of parental control to these kind of questionable features.
4) I believe that these kind of packs has to offer not much to the gamers that this game is created for,a direct approach of want it buy it ( even quite expensive) or fight and at time this will drop or craft it or etc etc is much more honest and direct than buy buy buy and if you are simply lucky you will get it real life is not working like this.
5) abandon the game or things like that cause of this feauture is not acceptable for me I believe through dialog and respect everyone can understand the other.
6) I am little disappointed for all those money I spent for not getting what I wanted and I do honestly believe in the good intentions of people created these packs but I believe they are making a mistake.
7) if I was lucky and had won this mount would I bothered so much? To be honest NO I would not but it would have cross my mind about the other people who would not be and the necessity of features like these packs.
8) sorry for my bad English I am not from US i am from Europe and I wish ki continue to walk to it's wonderful road.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I spent about 2500 crowns and got the bone dragon maybe i'm just super lucky. The really annoying thing is that after one day with the mount I have everyone friending me.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
why is it so hard to get the wyvern mount and bone dragon and the nightmare mounts out of the packs? i am not trying to be rude or anything but do you just make getting the mounts out of the packs hard so we players spend more money on crowns so your company gets more money?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I think this is a fabulous lesson about gambling! Better to learn it now and young.

I gave us all equal crowns. Used mine for stitching and stuff that I knew the outcome for. My eleven year old bought a hoard pack. Well, he just got a bunch of "junk" (sorry KI - his opinion, not mine - I don't have an opinion either way).

So this time, he has more crowns and saw the hoard pack and the snack pack on sale and told me he's thinking about getting the snack pack. I said I thought the hoard pack better because the stuff is permanent but the snack pack would all be eaten and gone for things that you can earn (higher pet lvl) by playing the games.

(I don't really pay attention to the packs so if I'm misinformed about what a 'snack pack' is, please forgive me)

He has decided that neither one suits him now and is saving his crowns until something he finds more certain/desirable comes along.

This whole game is a great teaching tool, if parents make it that... especially a great tool about how to handle money (crowns/gold/etc). No sense in teaching them to be victims. So teach them to think critically and educate themselves re: whether something is worth being purchased or not.

And like it or not, we live in a consumer based society. There will always be someone that has something we can't afford (most of us anyway). This is a great opportunity to teach kids to be happy for others but not allow what others have to negate what they have. Also, it can help teach what to focus on... "Do you want THIS or THAT?" None of us have it all in this life... and that's okay. A great start for these kinds of decision making skills.

Another thought... teaching them to be 'have-nots' with class. "Congratulations! That's a great ride. You're so lucky!" And humility "I got really lucky". It's a great skill to learn... class.

The hoard pack just adds another dimension to the game, lessons and life in general. Nice work.

Thanks KI. We love your game.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
I have recently started a fire guy, so I thought to myself, "Hey, I bet that Dragon's Hoard that every one's begging for may have some good Fire items in it!". So what do I do? I go out and buy $30 of crowns at GameStop and get home, spend it all on the DH pack. What do I get? Well, I'll tell you:

4 Extra vigilant hats
5 Dragon wings.
Plus all the furniture, which I sold at the Bazaar for a hefty profit of over 100,000 gold pieces.

I am impressed with what KI has done, as I like to do these, "Take a chance, risk your money" things. Somewhat like gambling, however I am too young to do that. :-P

I also have seen some of the rewards from the new packs, but have yet to try my luck with them. Great way to attract players to the game KI, keep it up! I would love to see more packs dedicated to certain schools of magic. Maybe an actual pack for Fire that had a REAL dragon in it, like the Fire Dragon spell itself.

Looking forward too much more!

PS: Can anyone tell me the best pet to probably buy/earn for Fire? I am looking for one that gives good accuracy, attack, and defense.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I've always been a fan of the crown packs, ever since I got Meowiarty, Malistaire, and Krokopatra in my first-ever Hand of Doom set, and the Dragon's Hoard is awesome as well.

I got a ton of gear, plus the Dragonrider's balance blade (I'm a Balance wizard, so that worked out nicely) and the bone dragon mount, amongst other things. Altogether, it cost me around 35,000 crowns, but I kept the good stuff and sold the rest for gold. Of course, I gave the mount to my necromancer~ Shadowsong is kinda attached to her old purple glider, and Vampire Val looked a little silly in Seraph wings. :P

On the subject of cool mounts, I also have the gold wyvern from that other pack that didn't take me nearly as long to get, and will hopefully come across that blood raven soon enough...

Awesome idea, KI!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I have spend so much on these packs never and never receive one Bone Dragon...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Daviato wrote:
I have spend so much on these packs never and never receive one Bone Dragon...

As with anything else, it's a gamble. Like I said, I spent about 35,000 crowns while trying to get the mount, but some people get lucky. :)

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Kbantikos wrote:
I have strong disagreement about those packs.
I have spent over 70.000 Crowns ended up with lots of pets hundreds of useless house items (useless for me) and not the dragon mount I wanted. My disagreement it's not so much on the fact that this is a form of gambling (which it is) but on the fact that no one tells you the possibilities. Even in the adv of these packs It states clearly that there is a possibility of getting it (the mount among other things) and after I spent so much crowns I learned by emailing to ki that the possibilities is not even 1 in the 100 you can buy forever and never get what you want cause after every purchase the possibilities goes to zero again!!!!!! That means endless possibilities ( worst kind of gambling) If I knew that from the beginning I would not have bought those package or I would have paid significant less crowns. Me as other players believe that this is a mislead I believe that this is not stated clearly in the advertisement ( one thing is ultra rare or rare and another endless possibilities) of the product cause if it was a lot of people would reconsider it seriously before Spending so much crowns.I was buying and buying cause I thought that ok a few times and I will take it but this was not the case. Other issues like this has been arosen. Search by terms of gambling in the forum.
As a conclusion.
1)I think this pack is a form of gambling not suitable for the young ages that plays it.
2) Ki should state much more clearly some possibilities of things to happen or not, to the game interface or in the game manual so every player can understand perfectly clear everything( does not every player read the forum nor he/she are obligated to).
3) ki should put some kind of parental control to these kind of questionable features.
4) I believe that these kind of packs has to offer not much to the gamers that this game is created for,a direct approach of want it buy it ( even quite expensive) or fight and at time this will drop or craft it or etc etc is much more honest and direct than buy buy buy and if you are simply lucky you will get it real life is not working like this.
5) abandon the game or things like that cause of this feauture is not acceptable for me I believe through dialog and respect everyone can understand the other.
6) I am little disappointed for all those money I spent for not getting what I wanted and I do honestly believe in the good intentions of people created these packs but I believe they are making a mistake.
7) if I was lucky and had won this mount would I bothered so much? To be honest NO I would not but it would have cross my mind about the other people who would not be and the necessity of features like these packs.
8) sorry for my bad English I am not from US i am from Europe and I wish ki continue to walk to it's wonderful road.

ummm... obviously it sets back to zero. that's the point of random. it says you get a chance, and that is what you get. what made you think otherwise? if you play the slots should it have a better chance at hitting the million jackpot if you spend a hundred dollars?
and it is gambling, but do you really see wizard101 kids starting smoking and joining a gang because they are so bad from their gambling problem?