Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon's Hoard Pack!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The Dragon Hoard Pack is now available in the Crown Shop! Get a chance at brand new rare & ultra rare Dragon Rider's items.

Each pack contains a chance at the ultra rare Bone Dragon mount, plus is full of Wizard dragon items to help you with your quests!

Visit the Crown Shop to get your Dragon Hoard Pack and join the Dragon Rider's today!

Visit <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/dragon-hoard-game-card-pack" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.wizard101.com/game/dragon-hoard-game-card-pack</a> to learn more

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
very awesome idea! but I have two suggestions, one being I think you should keep the crowns sell till friday (most people dont get paid till then and will most likely buy more with the sell going on). Two- It would awesome if you can make more packs like this with other themes (kind of like school related). My family and I try with little we had in bugdet (payday for us is friday) to get the skeletal dragon mount but no luck, hopeful we can try again, and the new sword animation is awesome :-), Thank for giving the opportunity, I hope in future the skeletal dragon mount and maybe the rare pets offer in the mini games site will be offer a little easier for those of us not good at mini games and seems ultra rare isnt a match with thier IP address lol. Thanks again for update. :-)

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Thanks Prof. Greyrose! Boy is it hard to get that Dragon Bone mount! I've spent 15000 crowns trying to get it, still no luck :P

Thanks
MPaul8

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I have a problem with these new packs...

I am saddened and sickened at what this new addition to the crown shop has done to people. I have never been accosted in this game for gifts as much as this. The new Dragon gift pack has caused an environment that might keep me away from this game altogether until it dies down a bit. I have been reported so many time because I have said "no" to people begging for these new giftpacks. I work hard for my money and do not get mommy and daddy to give me money for crowns so what right do you kids have to report me because I will not spend MY money on you? a stranger? This is just disgusting to me.

I would also like to add that its not cool to sit in the WC commons on your new dragon mount and tease all of those who can not have one. Thats just as bad as begging.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Khorne I can symapathize when it comes to the begging you to buy others these items or other items to me it is always wrong! But to tell those who had the luck and got the mount they can't show it off well that ain't right either.

I spent my hard earned money for me, my wife and 3 kids for this game. Both my wife and I have gotten the bone dragon mount an EPIC drop meaning it is really lucky to get it. But in your eyes I should not ride it around cause it is just as bad as if I was begging you for it.

My thoughts on this pack is AWESOME! I have used the Dragon Rider title on my wizard since I got it. I love getting all this "dragon" gear. I do hope to see more packs like this in the future as well it would be fun!

Like Khorne though I really do get frustrated with players begging for this gifted. Although it is much cheaper the a mega snack pack my youngest has been a target of these requests because he does want to have lots of friends and people say they will be best friends if he gives them these things. I have made sure he does not get suckered into these things.

Many of the younger players are niave and impressionable and can be easily duped if they have the crowns to waste on others. It is almost a waste to even have the option to gift like this. Although I do use it to gift to my kids I will not gift to anyone I don't know personally outside the game.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
khorne wrote:

I am saddened and sickened at what this new addition to the crown shop has done to people. I have never been accosted in this game for gifts as much as this. The new Dragon gift pack has caused an environment that might keep me away from this game altogether until it dies down a bit. I have been reported so many time because I have said "no" to people begging for these new giftpacks. I work hard for my money and do not get mommy and daddy to give me money for crowns so what right do you kids have to report me because I will not spend MY money on you? a stranger? This is just disgusting to me.

I would also like to add that its not cool to sit in the WC commons on your new dragon mount and tease all of those who can not have one. Thats just as bad as begging.

Totally agree with you, i wanted to hatch a pet. So this guy came up to me and said "Can i see the stats of your pet?" I agreed he said they were pretty good. So he said i'll hatch with you if you gift me a Mega Snack Pack. Why would i waste 2500 crowns on some person who wants to level up his pet? What i've done is disabled the gifting all together. If someone asks then i'll just say "Sorry cant, disabled the gifting."

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The Dragon Hoard Pack is now available in the Crown Shop! Get a chance at brand new rare & ultra rare Dragon Rider's items.

Each pack contains a chance at the ultra rare Bone Dragon mount, plus is full of Wizard dragon items to help you with your quests!

Visit the Crown Shop to get your Dragon Hoard Pack and join the Dragon Rider's today!

Visit https://www.wizard101.com/game/dragon-hoard-game-card-pack to learn more

how long will this last? I would hope for a week or two because people dont just have crowns, they might need to wait to get paid for jobs and stuff.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Excuse me Mr. Tragamite but I was not telling you you could not sit in the commons and show it off, I was saying it was not fair to do that and make others with no crowns feel bad. This is a game you play not a fashion show. To spend money to "sit around looking pretty" is not really playing the game is it now.

I work full time for my money and subscribe to three accounts, one is my son's. I have 14 legendary wizards and I have never ever bought an item and sat around showing off. I actually do not buy the "fad" items, I want to teach my son that he can not have everything he wants or sees and he knows not to ask.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
I really like this pack and love the dragon wings i got. Just the only downside is when you get asked to gift ten times every 2 minutes. It gets really annoying and wouldnt enjoy gifting to some random strangers who get mad at me if i dont. Could you somehow tone this down about 10 notches? Otherwise i really like this pack and think its a great addition.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Visit https://www.wizard101.com/game/dragon-hoard-game-card-pack to learn more

Bravo. Bravo.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
khorne wrote:

Well um....khorne....it isnt actually against the rules to ask or even beg for packs....i personally say straight out 'NO!' and i have spent about 20k crowns....to tell ya the truth i was personally shocked what all is in it....Sea Dragons, Armors, Swords, Mount, Pets, so on....You by W101 Law are suppose to ignore players that get on your nerves....I ignore ppl often here and there and since they fixed the 'while they arent in your area bug' where you couldnt ignore them and they could just keep annoying you. It has become so much better..... They will be the ones that that get muted, banned, ignored by KI in general, or worse.....what the worse might be is only known by KI XD....maybe ban card XD

About the Sitting in WC commons being as bad as begging....I wouldnt agree either. It actually Advertises the coolness of it and everyone will actually get the full Idea of what it looks like. When i saw pack i didnt even know there was a mount but when i read 'Bone Dragon (perminent)' i thought it probably looked like the rest....BOY HOW I WAS WRONG! Begging and Bragging aren't against the rules... I even showed off all my new stuff to my friends.....They didnt even really want to try out for any of the Hoard stuff till they saw what all there was.

I do hope you get your dragon mount....but sides that....i could say i wasted 20k crowns and got stuff worth over 200k crowns....so it can have a good pay off. I wish ya luck.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
lol in my first and second try, i got the two hand sword and the pet, but then i became greedy and spent another 3000 crowns in a waste. Was worth the per thou

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Profesor Greyrose my friend just got The Dragon's Hoard Packand is rubbing it in my face because he's got the skeletal dragon mount what should I do?

James Skullstone
Level 28
Rank 5
Adept Necromancer

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
add them to your list then put them on ignore.
you are not bothered by them any more.

then later you click dont ignore and they should drop from your list

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Wow, can anyone read on here?

BLSKis1 - "Well um....khorne....it isnt actually against the rules to ask or even beg for packs...." Well, um...I never said that it was against any rules did I. It is just against proper manners, also am tired of getting reported for saying 'no' to kids. I hope KI is taking this false reporting seriousey and doing something about it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose, could you please answer this question? Is the Dragon Hoard Pack a new permanent feature, or is it only for a limited time?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
soccerbatman wrote:
Profesor Greyrose my friend just got The Dragon's Hoard Packand is rubbing it in my face because he's got the skeletal dragon mount what should I do?

James Skullstone
Level 28
Rank 5
Adept Necromancer

I say grow a thicker skin. Many people in life like to show off and there isn't anything ya can do about it.

ellie

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
khorne wrote:

i agree with you this pack was a terrible mistake they should get rid of it. now everyone who has all the new stuff is bragging about it and people are always trying to get you to gift them the pack and if you dont gift them they report you sometimes! please stop the madness!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ffjkg wrote:
khorne wrote:

i agree with you this pack was a terrible mistake they should get rid of it. now everyone who has all the new stuff is bragging about it and people are always trying to get you to gift them the pack and if you dont gift them they report you sometimes! please stop the madness!

There is nothing wrong with the packs. The issue is the beggers and braggers. The idea that the pack caused this is absurd. If it was a new mount bought directly with crowns, we would have the same issue.

Why is KI being held responsible for social rejects? KI has stated numerous times the things they will police up and what false reporting means. Just like in real life, ignore beggers that ask for spare change and look away from those who drive Ferrari cars while rev'ing up engines. This game is an MMO, you will encounter people who don't share the same values/experiences you received.

I bypass through the Commons as quickly as possible to escape nonsense like that. Just like I bypass a rec center or similar "hang out" spot in real life. If you let it bother you, it will bother you. If I had a post for every time a wizard asked me to gift them a crowns item, I would be a Legendary Forum poster by now.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
Well i personally like the outfit and sword, care less about the dragon.
I would like to know how we could actually NOT go to the commons.
If you want to level up your pet....you go to the commons
If you want to sell all of your extra gear(for a decent return) or purchase your next level of ring or anthem...you go through the commons to the Bizaar
If you have to report back to the Headmaster...you go to the commons

No way around accidentally showing off.

Rhemas

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
ffjkg wrote:
khorne wrote:

i agree that it is annoying when someone asks to gift that pack but that you just need to ignore, the main problem with this pack that you cant just shake off and say i dont care is when people report you for not giving it.i personally love this pack and i dont want the negative comments against it to completely remove it from the shop but i would like it if ki could do something about these false reporters. double up on moderaters for the next month or so, till the heat from that pack dies down and most of the reporters are curbed. ki if you are listening PLZ DO NOT REMOVE THIS AWESOME PACK, BUT STOP THE FALSE REPORTERS!

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Glad to hear that Grey rose the only thing that bums me is that i don't have crowns

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
wow, this is the best thing ever to happen to w101 :-D! well one of them, celestia was pretty cool too XD, but still. i got the bone dragon the wings and full vigilant gear but no sword I:. i going to keep on trying though. but ty soooooooo much :-D!

cya in the spiral,
Paul Stormglade, level 60 diviner

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
I bought it like four times and spent 1596 crowns on it and all i got was a bunch of reagents and house decorations the best thing i got was a pet sea dragon. im kind of dissiapointed cause i was expecting at leats a pice of clothing but o well.