Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

casting spells outside of battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
We should be able to cast some spells outside of battles to make the game a little bit more fun. I mean think about it only casting spells in battle? Thats hardly even magic There should be spells specificly for no-battle magic. Yes I already know about gardening. But what about a spell to turn you into a pet to fool people. 8) Or turning invisible (both spell types).

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
LOVE THIS IDEA! it would be so awsome if we could cast spells other than battle spells. like if ice could create snowflakes out of thier wand and just have fun with it. and maybe storm could shoot a bolt of lightning. cool idea

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Maybe if you quickly cast a spell right before battle and it hits them, they could start battle with less health. At a certain level, maybe flying could take you to secret areas. I would turn into a wooden chest. Then when someone came close, I would zap them :P. And turn them into a frog... This could become quite chaotic. But I still like the idea.

Explorer
May 07, 2009
Just saying everybody on wizard101 had this idea in there head and i do agree with this

Survivor
May 19, 2011
Survivor
Jan 22, 2009
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
That would be nice, like you could cast a wraith to just walk around with you but you had maybe a limit of casts per day cool! or like a little Balance Scarab walking around Wizard city or something? that would be cool and funny. :D :D :D :D :D :D But just make it so the non-combat spells don't fizzle like battle ones :( Thanks hope all of you like it. :D :D
8)

Survivor
Jan 22, 2009
the developers should seriously get going on this if you are respond!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
I really hope KI reads this post, because the game needs a little extra fun in it

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
You could maybe use in battle spells at your house. To make it more clear you could summon a Helephant at your house if you knew the spell or any other spell that you know.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
sister having a fit right now... wish i could turn her into a pear and eat her 8)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Yea! Now me and my fire friends could make a flash mob of efreets! :)

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Yeah!! The only thing that scares me is the risk of having thousands of wizards casting their own spells, that would make TERRIBLE lag, but as long as our computers can handle the feature, then yeah it would be fun!!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Maybe something like this could be opened on April Fools day as a way to prank other wizards. I don't have much real life pranking material but I do want to get SOMEBODY! He he he...

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
This is a wonderful idea! But it comes with some challenges. I mean half of the spells you are thinking of you only want because they have an awesome animation, but if you non-battle casted them they would no longer have that animation. Personally, I think you should make this school specific, as in when someone asks you what school you are in, you cast a spell. But I think it would be awesome if the spells can affect the game. As in say you and your friend are in your house, and you cast like Medusa, they turn to stone for like 30 secs. To make this fair it would have to be like friends only, or perhaps an option you can turn off.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
balance would need a sandstorm next to them, cause there is already a scarab type pet out there.

a sandstorm twister could be a mount also, just imagine floating around inside a sandstorm.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
maybe limit it to certain areas of wizard city and you could polymorph others in to something as a way to practice casting spells...

well this could be part of a quest..... say you have to cast spells on
certain NPCs to maybe gain a point or special items..