Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minor typo for Penny Dreadful side quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
Alright, I don't really know where else to post this, so I'll post it here. I've recently made a new wizard, and have been questing around, but after I had to talk to Mr. Lincoln about Penny Dreadful's papers, the quest marker pointed to headmaster Ambrose's office, but above the quest arrow it read: Talk to Merle Ambrose in Austrilund.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to fix this, as it may confuse newer players to the game. Thanks. :)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This comes up several times per week. The staff knows about it and is trying to fix it.

Survivor
May 08, 2011
I saw that, too! Where is Austrilund anyway?

Scarlet-Sierra

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Survivor
May 08, 2011
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
tweetybird18428 wrote:
It's an area in Wintertusk.
Which may i add is in Grizzleheim at somewhere between level 40-50

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tweetybird18428 wrote:

Incorrect. Austriland is in Wintertusk, not Grizzleheim. The level requirement is 40, but probably should be attempted at a higher level.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
kingurz wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tweetybird18428 wrote:

Incorrect. Austriland is in Wintertusk, not Grizzleheim. The level requirement is 40, but probably should be attempted at a higher level.

Wintertusk is not it's own seperate world, so it is connected to Grizzleheim thus making it in Grizzleheim. The level requirement for Wintertusk is 50 because that is the lowest level gear they sell plus Ravenscar is at a minimum of 45.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
trevorking85 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tweetybird18428 wrote:

Wintertusk is not it's own seperate world, so it is connected to Grizzleheim thus making it in Grizzleheim. The level requirement for Wintertusk is 50 because that is the lowest level gear they sell plus Ravenscar is at a minimum of 45.

The storylines are connected, but they are seperate worlds for location/database purposes. Even KI advertises them as seperate worlds. At the least, it is an extension, but they are still seperate. To tell another wizard to go look for Austriland in Grizzleheim is just plain wrong, since they won't find it there. Heading to Wintertusk is how they will get there compass and heading correct. If you meant going through Northguard, then yes I understand that.

As stated by KI:

"Wintertusk contains 5 main areas: Hrundle Fjord, Austrilund, Vestrilund, Sudrilund and the areas of Nordrilund & Nastrond are bundled together."

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/34968.ftl

Now the level requirement for Wintertusk is 40, since the required quest to get into Ravenscar (defeating Jotun) is 40 (prerequiste for Wintertusk is the completion of Ravenscar, but obviously wizards will gain some levels). The hard stop is getting access to Ravenscar. This is also why the level 35 spells were moved from Ravenscar to Mirkhom Keep, since Mirkholm Keep is level 30 and Ravenscar/Nvidallir is 40.

I am currently going through Wintertusk (for the third time) with my level 48 Ice wizard, so I know for a fact 50 is not correct. Remember, level 50 gear drops in Malistaire dungeon, but you don't have to be level 50 to get there. So, gear drop levels do not equate as prerequistes, but rather recommendations.

As stated by Gamma:

"When you are Level 40 you will be able to begin the quest The King and I."

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/10192.ftl

The quest The King and I allows you access to Nvidallir and Ravenscar (in that order). Ravenscar does not have it's own level requirement only the defeat of Jotun.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
trevorking85 wrote:
Wintertusk is not it's own seperate world, so it is connected to Grizzleheim thus making it in Grizzleheim.

Also, if you are referring to the Spiral door you do have to choose Grizzleheim as the location to get to Wintertusk. If that is what you mean, you are correct. However, if all the new zones (Hrundle Fjord, Austriland) were really a part of Grizzleheim, KI would have added them in a similar way to Crab Alley in Triton Avenue. That is not the case. Wintertusk is clearly a seperate world that is unique in that it is accessed through a different world only and not the Spiral door.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009