Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ominous scarecrow

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 24, 2009
I think the pip count for the Ominous Scarecrow should be brought down to reasonable level because, the other day i hatched my wyvern with a storm scarecrow and got the strom scarecrow again( i can live with that), but what i don't like is that i can't use the spell cardit gives, eight pips! i'd like to see either the pip count dropped (as mentioned earlier) or give us an extra pip space so can use this card.

Kenneth Frostwalker, Legendary Thaumaturge
Kyle Sandwalker, Adept Sorcerer

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ok really ya have a cool pet hybrid, but now your complaining because of pip cost here is what i suggest get a death mastery amulet put it on and your scare crow now ya can use it

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
kckool wrote:
I think the pip count for the Ominous Scarecrow should be brought down to reasonable level because, the other day i hatched my wyvern with a storm scarecrow and got the strom scarecrow again( i can live with that), but what i don't like is that i can't use the spell cardit gives, eight pips! i'd like to see either the pip count dropped (as mentioned earlier) or give us an extra pip space so can use this card.

This also counts for my cloud beast which i cant use the card since im storm.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
ok really ya have a cool pet hybrid, but now your complaining because of pip cost here is what i suggest get a death mastery amulet put it on and your scare crow now ya can use it

I don't think it's fair that we have to spend money just to have the ability to use ONE spell. Frankly, I don't think the developers put much thought into these new pets, since they are so many problems with them and the hybrids. I think a rehaul is in order...

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
we only get 7 pip slots right? maybe KI intended wizards to be using pets more suitable for their class, giving more meaning to powerpips and crown amulet use. Also it helps game balance by hindering the dumping of lvl 58 super hybrids off to lowbie wizards on the same account. Sure, you'll get a pet, you can equip it, but you dont always have to USE the card. I would not complain either way becuz if you're lucky enough to draw this card and use it, it has 85% accuracy. My enraged forest lord only comes with 60% accuracy and will fizzle almost every time without any added life accuracy. I cant rely on it. Your pet is more than just a pet card, it can learn neat stats and items ingame can help you cast the card if you absolutely must use it. But hey if you're using a pet just for the card, you might want to rethink your plan of attack, becuz I just dont see them adding a pip slot anytime soon. Just some friendly advice. :)

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I have a stormcaller now also. Neat looking pet but have to have death amulet equipped to use its card. (which I dont have). What happened to school specific hybreds like you got with level 48 pets? They were a school, they had that school card. Like tempest was death (wraith card) The stormcaller says it is storm school but has a death card. pets dont have to have cards that look like them; IE frostcaller (satyr card). Dumping lvl 58 super hybreds? Sea dragon anyone can buy and equip is the uberpet so not a good arguement. And the judgement hatching switches threw me for a loop. My fire hatched a phoenix with a judgement and got a fire wivern with an ice card? Guess I'll try again? sry off subject 8)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

I don't think it's fair that we have to spend money just to have the ability to use ONE spell. Frankly, I don't think the developers put much thought into these new pets, since they are so many problems with them and the hybrids. I think a rehaul is in order...

You can farm for mastery amulets... Nobody told you to hatch for hybrids, now you want to complain, whine, and cry about it?

There are solutions to your problem, how about doing something about it, instead of demanding KI changes it...

Here, have some cheese, I am out of cookies...

Survivor
May 19, 2011
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
smh0407 wrote:
what about 4 pips :D

Woah I think a spell like that having a 4 pip cost will be way too overpowered. I mean in just two rounds, get two power pips (2 power pips = 4 normal pips), draw the card, and soon you'll start pwning low levels in no time in PvP

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
kckool wrote:
Or give us an extra pip space so we can use this card.

I like the idea but Kingsisle might think for a while before adding in that tweak mainly because to prevent low levels from obtaining 8 pip level 60 spells. Since they cannot cast a level 60 spell that is not in there school even if they had all power pips, you will not find a novice wizard casting a Skeletal Dragon. If they added a extra pip space then the low levels can simply buy any 60 level card they want from the Bazaar and obtain 8 pips required to cast the spell. Soon Kingsisle might have their message boards jammed with PvP complainers about low levels with 60 level spells.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
kckool wrote:

Buy the mastery amulet

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
kckool wrote:

I like the idea but Kingsisle might think for a while before adding in that tweak mainly because to prevent low levels from obtaining 8 pip level 60 spells. Since they cannot cast a level 60 spell that is not in there school even if they had all power pips, you will not find a novice wizard casting a Skeletal Dragon. If they added a extra pip space then the low levels can simply buy any 60 level card they want from the Bazaar and obtain 8 pips required to cast the spell. Soon Kingsisle might have their message boards jammed with PvP complainers about low levels with 60 level spells.

actually, the spells are level 58 :D

Survivor
Jul 09, 2008
Fin3cy6 wrote:
kckool wrote:

A solution to that might be a quest to obtain another pip spot. Also, it could be something we earn at a certain level, 60 or something.

I do see, however, the reasoning of using one of the mastery amulets, especially because you don't HAVE to buy it, you can run through Waterworks and try to get it. Or not use that spell, the pets already offer up so much, it's a nice thing to get.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
There should be a price for using another school's most powerful spell in the current game and that price is obtaining a mastery amulet (either through drops or crowns).

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I think they should have an item like a pet collar that you buy (for crowns) for a pet that allows you to cast the Pet Spell using Power Pips.

That would solve this problem!

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I believe the whole idea behind the 8 pip cost spells is twofold.
One, keeps wizards using their own school of magic, and two, more money for KI if you break down and buy a mastery amulet to use the spell. I saw the comments about farming Waterworks for them, but if you are a solo player or not a school that people want to take in a party through WW, you are probably better off buying one. I also read one of the W101 fansites where a player was able to (after 5 or 6 generations), get a pet that normally has no card to learn a level 48 pets school card. Not sure that can still be done (that post was long ago), but you could try that if it is the look you are after rather than the pet itself.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
marolin23 wrote:

actually, the spells are level 58 :D

Whoops! Thanks for the correction

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
Theres a simple solution to all of this... get rid of the pet spell cards on ALL level 58 pets so no one can cry about not being able to use them. seriously every post in this thread subliminally screams "I want to pwn noobs in pvp with 1 hit!" From my experience in pvp, especially in the lower levels, this is always the case when your opponent has a lvl 58 pet.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I think KI needs to come up with a way for wizards to be able to use these spells using power pips. I suggest a Crown Purchase of say 2000 crowns for each pet you want to be able to cast their spell with power pips. You can call it a leash or collar or whatever.

I don't think you should have to purchase Mastery Amulets like others in this thread have said. Mastery Amulets make sense for using a second school, but not for just one spell.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Lexalandros wrote:
Theres a simple solution to all of this... get rid of the pet spell cards on ALL level 58 pets so no one can cry about not being able to use them. seriously every post in this thread subliminally screams "I want to pwn noobs in pvp with 1 hit!" From my experience in pvp, especially in the lower levels, this is always the case when your opponent has a lvl 58 pet.

Kingsisle never added the eighth pip space so if a low level manages to get their hands on a level 58 spell (I do not even want to know how Skeletal Dragon got into the bazaar), they would find out that it just wasted they gold and is basically useless. It's pretty fair, this way no wizard will have a low level laughing in their face

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I believe that we should be able to use these spells if we have the pets.

Let me address some of the responses here.

1) The Mastery Amulet and KI wants money response. The Mastery Amulet in my opinion is too expensive for obtaining the ability to cast One Spell Card. Let's have a Pet Collar at say 2000 crowns that allows characters to cast the Pet Spell Card as a Master (using power pips), something additional for KI to make money with and a way for us to cast these spells.

2)The we only want these spells to win PvP response. I personally have only done PvP a little, there always seems to be a big advantage to one person in these. I propose that for PvP Pet Spells are not allowed. The low level characters with 6 pip plus spells from their pets have a HUGE advantage and this should be eliminated.

Again, I ask KI to provide a way for us to use the Pet Spell Cards using Power Pips.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
Lexalandros wrote:

Kingsisle never added the eighth pip space so if a low level manages to get their hands on a level 58 spell (I do not even want to know how Skeletal Dragon got into the bazaar), they would find out that it just wasted they gold and is basically useless. It's pretty fair, this way no wizard will have a low level laughing in their face

actually if a low level wizard is the right school for the pet spell it is possible for this to happen. I've seen it and been the victim of it. it just takes an athame and ring that adds to power pip chance and some tower shield cards and in a couple of rounds you're ready to squish the other guy in one hit. besides I'm not saying a lvl 10 is taking out a lvl 30, I'm saying is really off putting that you can't get fair duel from lvls 1-30 because of this.