Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Idea : Reverse order of who goes first

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Let me skip the details and get to the point. In a Duel, especially one involving two people (PvP), who goes first is a strong factor. Going first eases prediction by a lot, and if you go second, you stay that way. Obviously a long strain of going second each Duel is going to wear on a Wizard's morale.
That's why I believe there should be a new Spell that reverses the order of who goes first, second, etc. in a Duel. Cost, Source, and School would be up to the programmers to decide.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I dont want to completely shut the idea down. But it could get really confusing in the arena if you ask me. Plus i could really see people just casting this spell without rest. It would need a lot of regulation if you ask me like a big pip cost and there are just still things that would need to be sorted out like what happens to people who already cast a spell, and does that mean people will get two turns in a row. And if any school i would think balance fits with it.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Luvas wrote:
Let me skip the details and get to the point. In a Duel, especially one involving two people (PvP), who goes first is a strong factor. Going first eases prediction by a lot, and if you go second, you stay that way. Obviously a long strain of going second each Duel is going to wear on a Wizard's morale.
That's why I believe there should be a new Spell that reverses the order of who goes first, second, etc. in a Duel. Cost, Source, and School would be up to the programmers to decide.

it would need to be something like sunschool and beguile kind of already worked that well on a very lmitted basis but as long as one sided cards such as dispels and beguiles are allowed in the arena there should be a way to flip the play order around and it shouldn't cost a lot of pips to do it either

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
I suspect that this might already be in effect and that if it isnt, it might be a good thing to consider... i believe those that go first have a slight debuff to accuracy vs those that go second. Just something I noticed.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Actually, this is a great idea....

Now, I am not sure how much programming it would take, or if it could be done, but it is a very interesting concept...

I don't think it should be given to any specific school, but trainable by diego and be a new school and cost like maybe 2 pips, so nobody can use power pips or such to cast it... That way, it would not be overly used and it only take effect on the following round... So, yes, the player going 2nd would go twice in a row, however at the expense of 2 pips, that is not too much to ask...

All this is still in the effect that it can be done programming wise... This would eliminate a lot of complaints about spells such as getting hit with tempest constantly, etc...