Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death, and how amazingly overpowered they are

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
What a JOKE!!!! Death Wizards are JUST NOW able to use gargantuan on drain spells- months when everyone else could enhance all their spells- death could not!! It cracks me up when a few people see a good student doing well in their school and then complain it's over powered.. Not every death student is going to be good and use spells the same.. Same with every other school and every other student.

Become a death wizard instead of saying they overpowered. If you knew the complete death school history- you would know they are not over powered and never were. A lot of traps and blades have to be used- ect..

I see way more incredibly bad death school players than decent and good ones. Death has a large amount of card playing options and strategies available to it and at least in my eyes (I have a legendary death wizard) most death players are incredibly bad at playing as death school.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
This post offends me.

They talked about being ice overpowered but now Death? My own favorite school? Perposterous.

Death has the power of drain. Each school has it's own unique talent.
Life can heal better!
Ice can frostbite spam too!

Look at other school's abilities before overlooking one's.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Now I look back at my previous message in this post and wonder "Should I really have given away that much information about how to get around some of death's best tactics?" I:

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
alexmf2 wrote:
here are all the different death spells that are way to overpowered when used correctly:

Dark pact and impower: Its not the spell itself, its the fact that it completely gets rid of feints and other universal traps.

Sacrifice: Not only does it get rid of DOT spells, it heals for about 1500 on a common critical and gets rid of all negative blades and traps.

Criticaled wraith on a minion: This at least heal 750, I have even seen 1000 healed.

Poison: not as bad as the others, but when used over and over with no other spells other then death blade, it is VERY cheap.

You HAVE to see what I am getting at here. They are just plain and simply, overpowered

Hey buddy!

There's lot's of threads like this.

Overpowered, blah blah.

You have to see that KI has built every school to perfection,
What they want everyone to see is HOW to use it.
Sure, Dark pact get's rid of what feints and traps?
It also takes away so much health, with a trap on them, insane.
Sure, there's resist for it, death shield, but oh well.

For Sacrifice, there's a spell called infection, to prevent 50- healing!

It's incredibly useful in situations like that, especially fighting a death.

Like I said in other threads, you need to have a strategy.
Strategy, Planning, Timing.

First round if you can, Infection if you are fighting a death, or a life, or if you feel they might heal.

Then tower a round before you predict they might attack.

This completely takes out most of the heal, and damage.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Is this overpowered? My death Emily Spiritriver has 61% damage boost. Just wondering if that seems overpowered.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Ok you saying a Death using sacrifice on a feint or a curse it whatever it may be is unfair. Well when an ice towers then what do you say. Sacrifice and empower may get rid of universal traps, but they also get rid of universal shields.So say you have a feint on and that person towers. Using a sacrifice in that situation would even things out.

Now about the minion issue. Well, when you summon a minion, say your myth and summon Talos. Do you think any wizard from any school would allow that minion to live and get damage off and do it's thing. The way a wizard destroys a minion is up to them, but if you care so much about you minions just tower it, or use one of those Myth spells you can train in the secret shop in Krokatopia.

Saying a Death is overpowered it outright ridiculous. You can just go right ahead to the library in The Commons and buy yourself some treasure weakness, if they try to skeletal dragon and if they dont just death shield! I dont see how their critical rating could be an issue considering how the legend gear doesn't give much critical and neither does the crafted gear.

If you going to say that any school it should be Storm for say They go first and get to power pips, they put a gargantuan on a kraken and critical 2000 damage there on the first round. Their critical is very hard to block because most good storm have 150 critical.

Paul Darkblade Legendary Necromancer

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
paulthunderfist wrote:
If you going to say that any school it should be Storm for say They go first and get to power pips, they put a gargantuan on a kraken and critical 2000 damage there on the first round. Their critical is very hard to block because most good storm have 150 critical.

Paul Darkblade Legendary Necromancer

Agreed.

Defender
May 05, 2010
I don't think Death is OVERPOWERED. I know we do heal alot, but we do pretty low damage. It takes a few turns just to do 1000 damage. During our few turns to charge up, we have a vulnerability there! You could hit us with a super charged spell!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Yes, I know. I don't even think death should have a healing spell. I have a master death wizard he just got scarecrow and I am finding death to be over powered. The only down fall is the bubble

Explorer
May 11, 2010
[quote=
Like the saying goes 'if you cant handle the heat, then stop being the type of fire wizard that depends on minions'

Im sure I'm gonna get attacked by all the fire wizards out there now, but in my experience 90% of all minions are cast by fire. And i eat them up every time :)

Fire does not overuse minions. If anyone does then myth does.( I am NOT saying that summoning a minion is bad. i just think summoning them over and over is a cheap way of winning.) Anyway you do have a point about the rest of that stuff. No school is overpowered. People just use cheap ways of winning, the biggest problem being critical strikes on the first round with spells like tempest, immolate, and most of the rank x spells.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
We aren't overpowered u guys need to do something else if you're willing to complain about us!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Reading nearly all the posts on these threads I have spotted a few complaints and disagreements so let me clear it up people :D! First of all, how could you say that dark pact and empower our overpowered when used CORRECTLY? Every move is supposed to be used correctly and dark pact and empower both cause major damage on us and must be used with caution. No death is going to use empower or dark pact while bladed and the opponent uses a feint.
Second of all, sacrifice also gets rid of all the positive charms and wards on you and although it removes DoT's they have to be at an extremely low health for that which at that point I don't see how you will allow such a mishap to occur. Then I noticed you start complaining about how death being able to steal health from minions. This made me laugh so incredibly hard since the fact that the opponent himself brought the minion in game and is his fault for not killing us before we had the chance or even bringing the minion so they could outnumber and attack us. I don't see how poison is such an overpowered move its weak and can be as easily spammed as any other move not all death spam them. Someone here I think complained about beguile which I say may be the only valid argument here but I suppose if you know you are battling a death you shouldn't try to make your move timing very obvious especially if they go first.

~~Legendary Death: Brandon Legendmask: PvP Commander~~

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
alexmf2 wrote:
here are all the different death spells that are way to overpowered when used correctly:

Dark pact and impower: Its not the spell itself, its the fact that it completely gets rid of feints and other universal traps.

Sacrifice: Not only does it get rid of DOT spells, it heals for about 1500 on a common critical and gets rid of all negative blades and traps.

Criticaled wraith on a minion: This at least heal 750, I have even seen 1000 healed.

Poison: not as bad as the others, but when used over and over with no other spells other then death blade, it is VERY cheap.

You HAVE to see what I am getting at here. They are just plain and simply, overpowered

this might be true, if a death knows how to use their spell deck, pets, and gear, but when you make a legend death for pvp,(You just might if you really believe death is overpowered) then you'll probably forget all about this post cause when you have an overpowered death legend, you'll want it so stay overpowered xP

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have a level 59 death wizard and I posted a comment about this a while ago. Mine was not complaining about PvP, but how rather it is unfair that death can do anything any of the other schools can. People say the new amulets took the uniqueness away. I say DEATH is what takes the uniqueness away. They have universal blades, traps, a heal, power to increase pips, a large amount of health, decent resistance, large damage and over time to. Wow, I just pointed out all the school's skills EXCEPT death's. Death itself can steal health while no one else can plus they have the extremely unique beguile spell AND a better weakness than balance. Not to mention they have over 100% power pip percentage.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
alexmf2 wrote:

Dude quit complaining, the hardest battle you can have is your type versus your own type, death may have some good attaks but the lower levels cannot critical at all, we just have spells that heal, i am a Necromancer and i still ose a lot of battles even with scarecrow and skeletal dragon, actually wraith is our most powerful attack, not any of those good ones, so when you see a death use a death shield so you wont get wraithed by us. Now go do something better than complain

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
You guys cleary dont notice and never will unless someone points this out. You can complain all you want Kingisle wont change anything. They always do stuff like this when a new realm comes out. This time Death, Storm, and Ice have a whole bunch of power, next realm maybe Fire, Life, Myth, and Balance will. Not to metion I beat Wintertusk in two days and I didnt even play that long. All my Ice, Death, and some Storm friends keep saying that Wintertusk was way harder than Celestia when I found Celestia 5x harder.
Next realm everyone might be pwning Storm, Death, and Ice with the release of the new spell and level cap (because they do this give new spells and raise level cap every two realms).

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer