Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death, and how amazingly overpowered they are

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
here are all the different death spells that are way to overpowered when used correctly:

Dark pact and impower: Its not the spell itself, its the fact that it completely gets rid of feints and other universal traps.

Sacrifice: Not only does it get rid of DOT spells, it heals for about 1500 on a common critical and gets rid of all negative blades and traps.

Criticaled wraith on a minion: This at least heal 750, I have even seen 1000 healed.

Poison: not as bad as the others, but when used over and over with no other spells other then death blade, it is VERY cheap.

You HAVE to see what I am getting at here. They are just plain and simply, overpowered

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
As someone who has been playing death since I started my account nearly a year ago, I have to say this post hits a nerve. In fact, ALL posts that complain about a certain school really, really bother me.

I dont know what KI, or the 'logical' wizard community has to say to get people like you to understand that ALL SCHOOLS are created equally. They are balanced and compliment each other.

Obviously, in any school you will have good and bad players. Some people master their school and make it work for them, while others do not.

If you didn't depend on feints to win, then you wouldn't be so angry when the other person uses sacrifice or dark pact, to get rid of the trap.
If you feinted me, I'd probably do the same. You think you're just gonna use one of our school's traps (feint) on us, and we're not gonna counter it?

I love people who complain about death, yet have no problem using its traps and weaknesses

Also sacrifice doesn't remove DOT spells. Nice try.

And its funny how you talk about sacrifice and dark pact being able to remove universal traps. Like as if they just disappear or something. Do you not realize both those spells damage the caster first?
So if u have a feint on me or some universal traps, the healing will actually be less due the initial hit! And a non critical sacrifice with traps on may actually be more harmful than good.

And omg lol I love how you have the gull to whine about a wraith doing high damage to your minion. I guess the death wizard should have just not attacked, while you and your minion outnumber him/her. If you're trying gain an advantage by being cheap with a minion, then you deserve that to happen to you. Sorry.

If you dont want death to draw health from a minion, try not casting a minion.. The more enemies, the more options death has to drain from.

Casting a minion in pvp = oh no, I dont know how to use my spells! I need all the help I can get!

Ps - if I sound mean right now its cause I've had to hear complaing about one school or another in the literally 100's of times I've pvp'd.

Like the saying goes 'if you cant handle the heat, then stop being the type of fire wizard that depends on minions'

Im sure I'm gonna get attacked by all the fire wizards out there now, but in my experience 90% of all minions are cast by fire. And i eat them up every time :)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Don't forget skeletal dragon. With some death traps, death blades, and a few feints, it can easily kill you.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
You also forgot their plagues those weakness on all and beguile.

But really thats just how a death plays it gets pretty annoying i wont lie. However i find death still a bit balanced it is a lot tougher now that they can put gargantuan on their give back life spells so this is a little challenging plus they have decent critical, attack, and universal resistance is high but a lot of this stuff is happening for all schools. While the death style of fighting can be annoying it times it still doenst mean they are invulnerable. The only complaint or question about the operation of death is that i have done this quite some times when your fighting a death that has a secondary of life. My secondary is death i'm ice and i dont usuaully heal so what ill do is use doom and gloom but it doesnt do anything because their give back health attacks arent affected by any infections or bubbles so they can get a very decent heal in with spells that are meant to stop healing. Other than that death is a pretty balanced school, but everything is a little weird after the waterworks gear.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
eddieandgalen wrote:
Don't forget skeletal dragon. With some death traps, death blades, and a few feints, it can easily kill you.

Dude it is a lvl 58 spell what is it supposed to do no damage? I kill with me medusa like that all the time.

John WaterBlade- Legendary Conjurer

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
loki1201 wrote:
As someone who has been playing death since I started my account nearly a year ago, I have to say this post hits a nerve. In fact, ALL posts that complain about a certain school really, really bother me.

I dont know what KI, or the 'logical' wizard community has to say to get people like you to understand that ALL SCHOOLS are created equally. They are balanced and compliment each other.

Obviously, in any school you will have good and bad players. Some people master their school and make it work for them, while others do not.

If you didn't depend on feints to win, then you wouldn't be so angry when the other person uses sacrifice or dark pact, to get rid of the trap.
If you feinted me, I'd probably do the same. You think you're just gonna use one of our school's traps (feint) on us, and we're not gonna counter it?

I love people who complain about death, yet have no problem using its traps and weaknesses

And its funny how you talk about sacrifice and dark pact being able to remove universal traps. Like as if they just disappear or something. Do you not realize both those spells damage the caster first?
So if u have a feint on me or some universal traps, the healing will actually be less due the initial hit! And a non critical sacrifice with traps on may actually be more harmful than good.

And omg lol I love how you have the gull to whine about a wraith doing high damage to your minion. I guess the death wizard should have just not attacked, while you and your minion outnumber him/her. If you're trying gain an advantage by being cheap with a minion, then you deserve that to happen to you. Sorry.

If you dont want death to draw health from a minion, try not casting a minion.. The more enemies, the more options death has to drain from.

Casting a minion in pvp = oh no, I dont know how to use my spells! I need all the help I can get!

Ps - if I sound mean right now its cause I've had to hear complaing about one school or another in the literally 100's of times I've pvp'd.

Like the saying goes 'if you cant handle the heat, then stop being the type of fire wizard that depends on minions'

Im sure I'm gonna get attacked by all the fire wizards out there now, but in my experience 90% of all minions are cast by fire. And i eat them up every time :)

Actually, sacrifice does get rid of DOT spells when it kills you. You also did not explain about poison.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
alexmf2 wrote:
loki1201 wrote:

Actually, sacrifice does get rid of DOT spells when it kills you. You also did not explain about poison.

it also gets rid of all of your blades, charms, shields, and anything else that is positive upon you.... what next, you are going to complain about things being removed from those who have died and have everything removed from them when rebirth, satyr, or any other healing card heals them

I play death, and would not mind in the least if beguile were taken away from them. Its only use seems to be in the arena as the only in game fights I ever wanted to use it in the bosses were immune to it (another card that the game evidently sees as being unfair in terms of game boss fights but somehow sees as being totally fair in PvP fights eventhough it only works well when going first).

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
loki1201 wrote:

I actually liked your reply until you started crying about minions lol, tired of getting burned are we? To the Op- sounds like you need to tweak your strategy a little. Analyze your defeat and any weakness to the death school then try a different approach. I assure you death is not overpowering in any way, just keep packing tissues... I mean minions in your deck and will draw their attack away from you.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
This whole explanation of yours literally sounds like your just jealous of Death and how much power us Necromancers all have. And to solve this whole problem why don't you just make a death student yourself so then you don't have to complain anymore. Just saying.

Adam Blood
Legendary Necromancer (level 60)

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
there is nothing any more special about poison versus any other DOT spell. it's just as difficult to effectively trap as it is to shield against. -keller moonblade, master necromancer

Defender
May 12, 2009
eddieandgalen wrote:
Because fire dragon, which is a rank lower, and stormlord can't already? You're seriously complaining because a spell can kill you if used properly? In my opinion, the only unfair thing about death is what can take more life than you have and still get the full heal. In all fairness I'm a death wizard too.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Don't worry everyone, the person who posted this message is taking a break from PvP, when they go back, they will lose to someone else and then there will be another post how that school is TOO Amazingly OverPowered...

Oh, and I agree, any school that can beat me, I also think is Too Amazingly Overpowered... hmmm maybe KI can make it to where everyones spell will heal me, while my spells kill them... I like this Idea!!! :D

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
I have to say death is fine the way it is they are not over powered

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
redmist01 wrote:
I have to say death is fine the way it is they are not over powered

I have to agree with you here. It is a struggle trying to get death's deck just right for pvp and game play and figuring out just what pet talents to go after. There is a world of difference between good and bad death players as there is quite a bit of different play options and strategies to go with concerning death. My only complaint on them isn't how strong they are (eventhough their healing ability with scarecrow is large in the game, with all the high resists in 4v4 PvP death's heals just aren't as high as what they used to be), but that death struggles from a bit from a lack of accuracy which can also be said of balance.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

Death isn't overpowered. It doesn't even get all that good for pvp until you reach legendary. Sure, it can blaze through the game quickly, but it isn't overpowered! There are ways to get around all of these things. Dark Pact does three hundred base damage to the user, gets rid of all tower shields and death shields on them, costs one pip, and kills all the blades on yourself in the process. Sacrifice is good, yea, but have you heard of infection? Plus, what are the chances of getting a critical, twenty five percent at legendary? Wraith, sure, it's awesome. There is a nice spell called shield minion that costs (I believe) no pips, and shields your minion (only) for minus seventy damage from all attacks! It's sold at the secret shop in krokotopia. If you don't want to use a training point on it, you can just not use minions. There are people who have been successful without them! Poison is a necromancer's shield breaking spell. While most other schools have cleanse ward, shatter, pierce, etc, death has a four pip spell, while the others have no pips. I have had minimal success with a deck based off of poison being used multiple times, because it takes forever to kill a person with it! I think you're just being lazy, and not thinking of ways to counter these things. So, you're trying to get KI to make our school useless by taking away some of our spells! Don't complain, adapt!!!

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
alexmf2 wrote:
here are all the different death spells that are way to overpowered when used correctly:

Dark pact and impower: Its not the spell itself, its the fact that it completely gets rid of feints and other universal traps.

Sacrifice: Not only does it get rid of DOT spells, it heals for about 1500 on a common critical and gets rid of all negative blades and traps.

Criticaled wraith on a minion: This at least heal 750, I have even seen 1000 healed.

Poison: not as bad as the others, but when used over and over with no other spells other then death blade, it is VERY cheap.

You HAVE to see what I am getting at here. They are just plain and simply, overpowered

Death is WEAK!
Storm is very overpowered.
And ice is over healthed i guess thats the right word.Lol

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I'd like to ask: how did you let the Death wizard do this? You should be making your blades and shields and keeping them on the defensive, if they constantly poison you you should hurt them so they have to heal. If they don't stop healing you should go for a 1 shot kill. If they use wraith on you, you should have a death shield. These things are easily countered.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
doomship12345 wrote:

Yes very * HINTS* supercharge a spell they don't need to start with.
but whatever it is what it is i guess.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
doomship12345 wrote:
alexmf2 wrote:

Death is WEAK!

I disagree as you say Death is weak while Storm is overpowered. Death is more overpowered then Storm for many multiple reasons. For one, Death has very good accuracy compared to Storm. As many of you know, Death can also do very good damage with fient, curse, and Death blades and traps altogether while healing themselves. They may not do very good with PvP until grandmaster and legendary levels, they do very great jobs with soloing their quests to reach that level. I have a magus Death character. And I've been soloing her quests until the Counterweight East in Marleybone, which is where I am now. I can see where you might think how Diviners are WAY overpowered then necromancers, though. Storm with excellent gear can almost never fizzle, they kind of balance out between Death and Storm. Death is less powerful in damage, but has more of a better accuracy. Storm, however, has fewer accuracy, and fizzle a lot sometimes, they have more damage. Hope this helped!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Personally, I think life is MORE overpowered. Barking Spirit armor. You really shouldn't be able to cast multiple spirit armors on yourself. It's cheap. Thank heavens Drain spells bypass it. And Necromancers with Life as secondary(other way around may work too) are even CHEAPER. All that stuff you said PLUS the spirit armor? Super cheap. I actually never thought of layering spirit armor, though.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
You also forgot their plagues those weakness on all and beguile.

But really thats just how a death plays it gets pretty annoying i wont lie. However i find death still a bit balanced it is a lot tougher now that they can put gargantuan on their give back life spells so this is a little challenging plus they have decent critical, attack, and universal resistance is high but a lot of this stuff is happening for all schools. While the death style of fighting can be annoying it times it still doenst mean they are invulnerable. The only complaint or question about the operation of death is that i have done this quite some times when your fighting a death that has a secondary of life. My secondary is death i'm ice and i dont usuaully heal so what ill do is use doom and gloom but it doesnt do anything because their give back health attacks arent affected by any infections or bubbles so they can get a very decent heal in with spells that are meant to stop healing. Other than that death is a pretty balanced school, but everything is a little weird after the waterworks gear.
Death plus Life. THAT is invincible. Nearly.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Don't worry everyone, the person who posted this message is taking a break from PvP, when they go back, they will lose to someone else and then there will be another post how that school is TOO Amazingly OverPowered...

Oh, and I agree, any school that can beat me, I also think is Too Amazingly Overpowered... hmmm maybe KI can make it to where everyones spell will heal me, while my spells kill them... I like this Idea!!! :D
I don't.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:

Death isn't overpowered. It doesn't even get all that good for pvp until you reach legendary. Sure, it can blaze through the game quickly, but it isn't overpowered! There are ways to get around all of these things. Dark Pact does three hundred base damage to the user, gets rid of all tower shields and death shields on them, costs one pip, and kills all the blades on yourself in the process. Sacrifice is good, yea, but have you heard of infection? Plus, what are the chances of getting a critical, twenty five percent at legendary? Wraith, sure, it's awesome. There is a nice spell called shield minion that costs (I believe) no pips, and shields your minion (only) for minus seventy damage from all attacks! It's sold at the secret shop in krokotopia. If you don't want to use a training point on it, you can just not use minions. There are people who have been successful without them! Poison is a necromancer's shield breaking spell. While most other schools have cleanse ward, shatter, pierce, etc, death has a four pip spell, while the others have no pips. I have had minimal success with a deck based off of poison being used multiple times, because it takes forever to kill a person with it! I think you're just being lazy, and not thinking of ways to counter these things. So, you're trying to get KI to make our school useless by taking away some of our spells! Don't complain, adapt!!!
Or play on teams. Teamwork is broken even more.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Coolkc456 wrote:
doomship12345 wrote:
alexmf2 wrote:

Death is WEAK!

I disagree as you say Death is weak while Storm is overpowered. Death is more overpowered then Storm for many multiple reasons. For one, Death has very good accuracy compared to Storm. As many of you know, Death can also do very good damage with fient, curse, and Death blades and traps altogether while healing themselves. They may not do very good with PvP until grandmaster and legendary levels, they do very great jobs with soloing their quests to reach that level. I have a magus Death character. And I've been soloing her quests until the Counterweight East in Marleybone, which is where I am now. I can see where you might think how Diviners are WAY overpowered then necromancers, though. Storm with excellent gear can almost never fizzle, they kind of balance out between Death and Storm. Death is less powerful in damage, but has more of a better accuracy. Storm, however, has fewer accuracy, and fizzle a lot sometimes, they have more damage. Hope this helped!

lol... I stopped reading the moment you said death has better accuracy than storm as you obviously know nothing about playing death as death struggles with accuracy at legendary while storm does not

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
What a JOKE!!!! Death Wizards are JUST NOW able to use gargantuan on drain spells- months when everyone else could enhance all their spells- death could not!! It cracks me up when a few people see a good student doing well in their school and then complain it's over powered.. Not every death student is going to be good and use spells the same.. Same with every other school and every other student.

Become a death wizard instead of saying they overpowered. If you knew the complete death school history- you would know they are not over powered and never were. A lot of traps and blades have to be used- ect..