Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Devora Shadowcrown: Myth or Death?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I did this Labyrinth quest three times and noticed that the fourth boss, Devora Shadowcrown which has a death logo on her name is actually not casting any death spell but instead using storm shield and myth attacks. I am death student so I cast a death prism to convert my death attacks to life attacks but surprisingly it did not boost my attack, which is the usual thing that happens, but when I use Triton attack from my carded equipment, the attack boost. Is this a glitch or something? I just want to share this to help the faculty in improving the game. :D

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I've noticed this too, but not just with Devora (who really is myth and not death). In the Great Sypre, Gurtok Piercer is Death even though he shows as ice and Tumok Gravelbeard is also really death when he shows as being myth. I think this is a visual glitch that needs to be addressed so the players don't get confused when their attacks get mysteriously resisted

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
cbfan14 wrote:
I've noticed this too, but not just with Devora (who really is myth and not death). In the Great Sypre, Gurtok Piercer is Death even though he shows as ice and Tumok Gravelbeard is also really death when he shows as being myth. I think this is a visual glitch that needs to be addressed so the players don't get confused when their attacks get mysteriously resisted

I have noticed this to a long time ago, but she is actually myth. It must be a bug and hopefully it will be fixed soon. This bug made me not want to use my death spells because i was thinking she was death. So i was kinda not usefull when battling here with my friends, hehe :P :P :P :P

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
There are some other mislabelled mobs, too. For example, Freddy Nine Lives is labelled storm but is really death. Klaw Brother is labelled myth but is really storm.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Yup! I experience this from time to time too. Might be a bug, or not.

I kinda like it though. It throws you off your game and keeps you on your toes. Makes battles more interesting. It makes you start to thinking "what am I fighting?" instead of just going through the motions everytime you fight with monsters or bosses.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gurtok one of the helephants is not ice he is death. I think he should be a frosted helephant if he was ice. Notice how on the maps the helephants on different sides!