Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Concerns

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I am posting this because Myth is the only school to yet have a spell that uses every pip you have (excluding Mega Subdue because pretty much every school has a rank X taunt). This kind of disappoints me because I will always be a Myth wizard due to my first personality test taken being Myth. My question is, will Myth ever truly get a rank X spell that uses all pips (not the minions as they have a limit to the number of pips they use) in the near future? An answer would be much appreciated. :)

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Be it a minion, or some sort of attack spell, it's hard to tell. Never really thought any myth would care for an X pip spell, well, maybe a minion X pip spell like death. Wouldn't matter to me much. There is a meowiarty minion we have, but that's only a crown attainable minion spell. It's strong. But I have never used it enough to really examine its effectiveness as a minion ally in frequent fights.

Perhaps a bigger concern would be the what I like to call six pip gap in our attack spells. What I mean is this:

Every other element has a six pip multi equip ready attack spell that does a fair amount of damage: Life has Centaur, Death has Wraith, Storm Triton, Balance Hydra, Fire Helephant, Ice Colossus. But we only get Earthquake. Recently we were given noble frog, but that's a one shot deal with our pet card. Our earthquake spell is situational and can be messy if used improperly, or if we are forced to use it depending on the enemies we may encounter. So we only have minotaur, and Orthrus to depend on. Minotaur is good, but it lacks the needed firepower on its own right without it being enchanted. If we fail to get that power pip if we must rely on orthrus, we are stuck for one more turn with nothing strong to go on, unless we constantly stick to our ninja pig treasure cards. We can stick to summoning minions, but that pushes us back a turn or two because of the pips needed to summon. What we could use is a strong six pip attack spell, like the noble frog, but something that isn't a one shot deal and something that wouldn't be messy like earthquake.

Or if all else fails, maybe earthquake can be tweaked like this:

Right before earthquake hits, during the shaking and rumbling part of the animation, all of our enemies charms, wards, shields are all removed right before earthquake hits. This way it cannot be blocked at all. But it still sticks to its messy nature as it cannot be buffed by any form of traps and must rely on blades for the damage. This would certainly make up for all of its bad effects and also stick to myth's greatest strength, keeping the enemy defenseless.

What do you think of that?

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
He's right if myth doesn't get a level X spell then that would be kind of a rip off.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Be it a minion, or some sort of attack spell, it's hard to tell. Never really thought any myth would care for an X pip spell, well, maybe a minion X pip spell like death. Wouldn't matter to me much. There is a meowiarty minion we have, but that's only a crown attainable minion spell. It's strong. But I have never used it enough to really examine its effectiveness as a minion ally in frequent fights.

Perhaps a bigger concern would be the what I like to call six pip gap in our attack spells. What I mean is this:

Every other element has a six pip multi equip ready attack spell that does a fair amount of damage: Life has Centaur, Death has Wraith, Storm Triton, Balance Hydra, Fire Helephant, Ice Colossus. But we only get Earthquake. Recently we were given noble frog, but that's a one shot deal with our pet card. Our earthquake spell is situational and can be messy if used improperly, or if we are forced to use it depending on the enemies we may encounter. So we only have minotaur, and Orthrus to depend on. Minotaur is good, but it lacks the needed firepower on its own right without it being enchanted. If we fail to get that power pip if we must rely on orthrus, we are stuck for one more turn with nothing strong to go on, unless we constantly stick to our ninja pig treasure cards. We can stick to summoning minions, but that pushes us back a turn or two because of the pips needed to summon. What we could use is a strong six pip attack spell, like the noble frog, but something that isn't a one shot deal and something that wouldn't be messy like earthquake.

Or if all else fails, maybe earthquake can be tweaked like this:

Right before earthquake hits, during the shaking and rumbling part of the animation, all of our enemies charms, wards, shields are all removed right before earthquake hits. This way it cannot be blocked at all. But it still sticks to its messy nature as it cannot be buffed by any form of traps and must rely on blades for the damage. This would certainly make up for all of its bad effects and also stick to myth's greatest strength, keeping the enemy defenseless.

What do you think of that?

As to what you say, I agree also. It is sorta unfair about how messy Earthquake can be. Myth definitely needs a bit of tweaking whether it be to our 6 pip spell Earthquake or a new card added in all together (although that wouldn't seem fair in some people's eyes that Myth gets a new spell and they don't).

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
maybe a double hit x spell, like 10+80 per pip

yeah, beside minions they don't have a x spell, but the other ones do

fire: heckhound
ice: ice/frozen armor
storm: tempest
myth: ???
life: dryad
death: animate
balance: judgement

-------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it wasn't me--probably

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I myself have a myth, ice, life, and balance and my conclusion is it depends on the spell. Judgement is really the center attack of any balance that i have seen and definitely on my balance. Dryad is my super heal on my life its the one that i use to heal huge amounts. But with ice i dont really use ice armor at all because its not that great because its so easy to get rid. I can just say from seeing death their minion isn't used that often so idk if they don't like the spell or if its just to much time to get.

Just because they take all pips doesnt mean its an amazing spell. If you ask me myth should get an X pip time of legend bubble. maybe call it heroism?

But as stated before X pip spells can be really good or not good at all lol, so don't be discouraged if you don't have one because really, if i could i would trade the ice armors for something any day lol.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
chanieman wrote:

Fire: Heckhound, is an excellent 130 per pip X-pip Spell, great for attacking...

Ice: Ice/Frozen armor- You might as well say ice does not have an X-pip spell.

Storm: Tempest 80 damage per pip X-pip Spell to all enemies, excellent attack spell...

Myth: Has a minion, same as death has a minion...

Life: Dryad 100 health per pip X-Pip Spell, kinda got ripped off on the healing, but still a descent healing spell...

Death: Animate, a Minion, same as myth, but as has been stated, all the other schools have x-pip spells but myth... Myth and Death both have minions!

Balance: Judgment 100 damage per pip X-Pip Spell, excellent attack spell...

So, by this list and by the words of people stating, a good X-Pip Spell;

Not only does myth need 1, but so does Ice, Death, and I would say Life...

Defender
May 12, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
I myself have a myth, ice, life, and balance and my conclusion is it depends on the spell. Judgement is really the center attack of any balance that i have seen and definitely on my balance. Dryad is my super heal on my life its the one that i use to heal huge amounts. But with ice i dont really use ice armor at all because its not that great because its so easy to get rid. I can just say from seeing death their minion isn't used that often so idk if they don't like the spell or if its just to much time to get.

Just because they take all pips doesnt mean its an amazing spell. If you ask me myth should get an X pip time of legend bubble. maybe call it heroism?

But as stated before X pip spells can be really good or not good at all lol, so don't be discouraged if you don't have one because really, if i could i would trade the ice armors for something any day lol.

I'm death and about the minion, I think you're right. I revolve around blading and attack because it heals me. In my opinion, since now I'm in CL, if I used a minion it would take too many pips and I'd be dead before the minion could help me out.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
chanieman wrote:

Fire: Heckhound, is an excellent 130 per pip X-pip Spell, great for attacking...

Ice: Ice/Frozen armor- You might as well say ice does not have an X-pip spell.

Storm: Tempest 80 damage per pip X-pip Spell to all enemies, excellent attack spell...

Myth: Has a minion, same as death has a minion...

Life: Dryad 100 health per pip X-Pip Spell, kinda got ripped off on the healing, but still a descent healing spell...

Death: Animate, a Minion, same as myth, but as has been stated, all the other schools have x-pip spells but myth... Myth and Death both have minions!

Balance: Judgment 100 damage per pip X-Pip Spell, excellent attack spell...

So, by this list and by the words of people stating, a good X-Pip Spell;

Not only does myth need 1, but so does Ice, Death, and I would say Life...

Darth i agree with everything you said but idk because life has dryad and i think that is single handedly the best heal spell... But as i said i think myth needs a Time of legend X pip

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I love the heroism X pip time of legend upgrade idea. That just sounds amazing.
X% per pip to all myth attacks. That's just great.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
I will tell you what I think happened. It is my understanding (and I don't know for sure because this predates my joining) that once upon a time, myth could summon more than one minion at a time. If that is the case, it would explain why it was originally set up with two rank X spells with the troll being 1-3 pips and the cyclops being 1-4 because 3+4=7 :). It might also explain why myth has so MANY different minion spells instead of just one rank X card like the death minion. If this is indeed true, and if it has been altered since its inception, then I would move that KI figures out how to let myth summon both a troll and cyclops minion at the same time, or just makes a new rank X minion card.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ezrajoseph has it right. Due the drastic increase in difficulty and enemy power in Celestia, summoning minions and keeping up with them becomes very difficult.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I'm quite pleased with our current myth spell set, and i don't really think an x spell is necessary. as for the ideas about what it could be, the 10+80 per pip spell would be more powerful than tempest, so really it would have to be reduced. an x pip minion i'd never use cause i'm not fond of minions as it is. an x pip time of legend would be kind of cool, but i rarely use t.o.l. as it is cause it slows me down and can easily be overridden. still i'd say that's my favorite of the ideas. and just as a side, dryad heals 200 per pip- not 100- so it is pretty useful in my opinion. -eli and crew