Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

merle ambrose-false alarm

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
when i reached level 25, malistare summoned me for a quest and i was thinking "yay! finally i can go to marleybone!" but there was no exclamation mark. i was thinking "i should have done the krokosphinx and tomb of storms first". still no exclamation mark. a friend told me to talk to him many times but that was for nothing. can anyone tell me what ambrose was planning with me or was he just playing a prank? :?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This comes up about twice a week.

You'll get calls to see Merle Ambrose at levels 25, 30, 35, and 40. He won't have anything for you to do. This is an old bug that I believe is related to the fact that Grizzleheim is level-dependent; there are some areas you have to be level 25+, 30+, 35+, and 40+ to access. Professor Ambrose was supposed to call you in (as he does at level 20 to tell you about Grizzleheim) to alert you to the fact that there are areas of Grizzleheim to explore, but he won't have anything to tell you, because the Grizzleheim notices were never added to the game. At least that's my opinion.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Some of my characters have indeed had the Grizzleheim notices at the higher levels recently, including the level 40 one.

I believe there have been two problems. One is that you may hit level 25 without having completed the quests you got access to at level 20. Merle may call you at that point, but you don't get the message that would start you on the level 25 sequence because you don't qualify for it. When you do complete the level 20 sequence you autonatically get the start of the level 25 series from Bjorn.

IIRC there were also reports of a bug in Merle's code which could produce false alarms at other levels.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
marolin23 wrote:
when i reached level 25, malistare summoned me for a quest and i was thinking "yay! finally i can go to marleybone!" but there was no exclamation mark. i was thinking "i should have done the krokosphinx and tomb of storms first". still no exclamation mark. a friend told me to talk to him many times but that was for nothing. can anyone tell me what ambrose was planning with me or was he just playing a prank? :?
Don,t you mean Amberos