Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May cast spells when?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
I am still put off by the likelihood that my spritely functions when I want a blade!

My pet "may cast" Spritely, Lifeblade or Life Shield. Spritely kicks off at any given moment throughout a fight while Blade and Shield have a much less chance to be cast. I would like to see that these abilities be activated more to what is going on in a fight.

Spritely chance to activate when recieving damage or when opponent uses threatening spell (blade, traps, stuns)

Blade chance to activate when casting prepetory spells (blades, traps, shields) or you attack

Trap chance to activate when oponent cast any spells (blades, traps, shields) or attacks

Shield chance to activate when opponent recieving prepetory spells (blades, traps, shields) or you recieve attacks

Pierce Train chance to activate when opponent casts any shielding spell

etc.

It just seems like the only "may cast spell" that ever goes off is spritely. I find it particularly odd when my pet throws a spritely on me when I am attacking as if he is afraid I will hit myself with the spell when what I need him to do is through up another blade since I just used one on my attack!

Especially with all the new pets not even having selfish traits it is hardly efficient to have an ability but never using it.