Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opening the door to Plague Oni

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
After achieving level 48, my Balance School gave me a quest to defeat Plague Oni in Shirataki Temple. I can't open the door along the road to get to Plague Oni. The door states perhaps there's a key up the road. I have defeated at least 8 or 10 defenders and opened 3 wooden chests, but there is still no key.

The first time I did this, I got a key right away. I'm beginning to wonder if continuing to fight these defenders is a waste of time.

Has anyone else experienced this amount of fun doing the same thing?

Morgrim Owlshield and Rocky

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Grimely wrote:
After achieving level 48, my Balance School gave me a quest to defeat Plague Oni in Shirataki Temple. I can't open the door along the road to get to Plague Oni. The door states perhaps there's a key up the road. I have defeated at least 8 or 10 defenders and opened 3 wooden chests, but there is still no key.

The first time I did this, I got a key right away. I'm beginning to wonder if continuing to fight these defenders is a waste of time.

Has anyone else experienced this amount of fun doing the same thing?

Morgrim Owlshield and Rocky

You must go back to the main road and turn left. There is a hut on that road that you must enter and defeat that boss.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I'm really embarassed about this posting. I should have known better. I had already solved this puzzle once before. I got into my head that I had to get the key from a defender, and that thought just got stuck there.

I ended killing all of the defenders and finally had nothing else to do but look in that shack.

Duh!

It's a classic case of how one's expectations shuts down entire parts of one's brain.

:?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Grimely wrote:
I'm really embarassed about this posting. I should have known better. I had already solved this puzzle once before. I got into my head that I had to get the key from a defender, and that thought just got stuck there.

I ended killing all of the defenders and finally had nothing else to do but look in that shack.

Duh!

It's a classic case of how one's expectations shuts down entire parts of one's brain.

:?

I know what you mean. I call that "brain-freeze". It happens to the best of us at one time or another. :D