Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas and Feedback for School-Themed Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Yes, it's me again to talk about school-themed mounts. I'm sorry to to the wizard101 faculty for having to listen to all this so many times. If you've read my posts before, you know how hooked I am on this idea. Well here it is. So we have school-themed housing and school-themed pets, and school-themed furniture, right? (Well, not to mention school-themed equipment) So why not make some school-themed Mounts? Here are my ideas:

For Fire: With the phoenix made into a pet, a mount would not be as cool as before, so i'm still thinking fire drake, even though because it's so cool it might hike the crowwns price way up. If not that then the only thing left that is plausible is firecat. XD

For Death: See, this was hard until skeletal drake was made. Once again it would be expensive just because it's so awesome. Other than that, I have no idea what death would ride (certainly not a dark sprite).

For Balance: I'm still on the scorpion idea, and I think that if we accept fire drake and skeletal drake, we might as well go for the big 'uns, so Hydra if that doesn't work out.

For Life: Well, to me this is a no brainer. Centaur, because he's a half-man half horse, and we already have horses, so why not. And for all you people out there who like rebirth, that is too big in my book to ride. :-P

For Ice: Well, i'm in the same predicament as Fire. I wanted Ice Wyvern, but its already a pet. Sheesh. So right now I'm open to suggestions, maybe the horse the Snaow Angel rides.

Myth: Ho hum. I guess we can't ride Medusa.... so if you want to go with big again, go for Orthrus I suppose, unless anyone sees a better myth...

Storm: Oh storm, storm, the loose cannon of all the schools, what to give to you for a mount. Kraken? Nah, already a pet. Storm Shark? Possibly, but isn't there a shark mount already? Storm Snake? Too narrow. Forget the Lightning Bats. XD So... That leaves us with Stormzilla and Leviathan. O.o Well, pick as you please, I suppose, but these are big mounts.

Thank you for your time!
Cole Soulhammer, Lvl 38 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Firen5590 wrote:
Yes, it's me again to talk about school-themed mounts. I'm sorry to to the wizard101 faculty for having to listen to all this so many times. If you've read my posts before, you know how hooked I am on this idea. Well here it is. So we have school-themed housing and school-themed pets, and school-themed furniture, right? (Well, not to mention school-themed equipment) So why not make some school-themed Mounts? Here are my ideas:

For Fire: With the phoenix made into a pet, a mount would not be as cool as before, so i'm still thinking fire drake, even though because it's so cool it might hike the crowwns price way up. If not that then the only thing left that is plausible is firecat. XD

For Death: See, this was hard until skeletal drake was made. Once again it would be expensive just because it's so awesome. Other than that, I have no idea what death would ride (certainly not a dark sprite).

For Balance: I'm still on the scorpion idea, and I think that if we accept fire drake and skeletal drake, we might as well go for the big 'uns, so Hydra if that doesn't work out.

For Life: Well, to me this is a no brainer. Centaur, because he's a half-man half horse, and we already have horses, so why not. And for all you people out there who like rebirth, that is too big in my book to ride. :-P

For Ice: Well, i'm in the same predicament as Fire. I wanted Ice Wyvern, but its already a pet. Sheesh. So right now I'm open to suggestions, maybe the horse the Snaow Angel rides.

Myth: Ho hum. I guess we can't ride Medusa.... so if you want to go with big again, go for Orthrus I suppose, unless anyone sees a better myth...

Storm: Oh storm, storm, the loose cannon of all the schools, what to give to you for a mount. Kraken? Nah, already a pet. Storm Shark? Possibly, but isn't there a shark mount already? Storm Snake? Too narrow. Forget the Lightning Bats. XD So... That leaves us with Stormzilla and Leviathan. O.o Well, pick as you please, I suppose, but these are big mounts.

Thank you for your time!
lol there is now a bone dragon mount so there goes your death mount lucky for you I've got a idea wrath wings. and for balance judgement wings and fire dragon wings and for storm storzilla is a pet already so KI could shrink down Leviathan to a mount size as for the others i love them

Defender
May 31, 2009
Good ideas :-P

I thought up some...

Ice: Ice Wolf. A wolf with blue fur and crystal eyes, cold to the touch.

Fire: Fire Horse. A horse with a mane, tail, and eyes made of fire. (I reference a Ponyta or Rapidash from pokemon)

Death: I could only think of a Ghost Bone Horse... A ghost horse made up of bones.

Storm: a Cloud that has little lightning bolts sparking out the bottom XD

Myth: Bakeneko (monster cat) I found it on wikipedia :-P

Balance: Taurus. The zodiac sign. It's a bull in my imagination...

Life: Green Hedgehog. It would be so cute :-D flowers growing off it like a bush lol

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Firen5590 wrote:

Thank you for your time!

Well The fire dragon wings are done already and a bone dragon but i suppose that a centaur isnt the right type of mount for life. They already have a Unicorn so yeah. Also mounts in Balance they already have wraith and judgement wings so those are our too. But the others rock! Ashley Sandbreeze, lvl 12 sorcerer.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
First I'd like to say that almost all my wizards have a school-themed mount (my Sorcerer has a Proud Lion, my Diviner has a Manta Ray, my Theurgist has Seraph Wings, etc.), so I appreciated seeing this thread.

Firen5590 wrote:

There's already a dragon mount in the Crown Shop, but I hate the look of it. It's why I just gave my Pyromancer dragon wings. It'd be cool to see a legit dragon mount.

Unforunately, a lot of the Death monsters are (or were) bipeds. I think you'd need to venture outside the Death spells for a mount. I'd like to see a Skeletal Stallion or something along the lines of that.

I would love a scorpion! A hydra pet would be cool, but I really want a Scorpion pet.

This doesn't really work since Centaurs, in nature, are a proud race and would never let someone ride them as if they were a common horse. Again, I think you need to go outside the Life spells. What about a dove? It does have calm-type spells, so it wouldn't be completely deviating from the Life spells.

I loved the idea of a Wyvern pet, but I think a Pegasus is a reasonable substitute.

My Conjurer currently has a Swift Gryphon pet, but I think I'd prefer an Orthrus.

I'd be happy with either one. I think a Stormzilla would make more sense, but that's just my opinion.

Final Thoughts: You're on the right track and I hope KI considers your ideas.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
storm would have tobe a storm cloud that you sit on with lightning and evrything :-)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Here are my Ideas for school mounts.

Fire: ?

Life: Behemoth Or Gargoyle

Storm: Melusine Or Thunder Bird

Myth: ?

Balance: Crocodile or Ammit

Death: Cockatrice or Werewolf

Ice: Yeti Or Ymir

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Why not put a heckhound for fire, everybody seems to forget about the power of the heckhound

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
All those ideas sound great, I really like all of them, but, fire drake is the best idea ever.:D

Defender
May 21, 2009
Firen5590 wrote:

For Life: Well, to me this is a no brainer. Centaur, because he's a half-man half horse, and we already have horses, so why not. And for all you people out there who like rebirth, that is too big in my book to ride. :P

Thank you for your time!

I love all of you're ideas. I would love to see my life wizard on a Centaur or my myth wizard on an Orthrus . A Wyvren or Phoenix mount would be awesome too (I would make the Phoenix mount into wings.) A Scorpion would be perfect for Balance and Leviathan would be perfect for the opulent Storm school.