Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mman17 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:
So why did bolt get changed but not judgement? I mean its 100 per pip with only defense being tower. Yet with feints critical and gargantuan tower doesnt even help. At least Insane Bolt kills a storm so why cant you change judgement up a bit?

Because a level 1 wizard can survive a Garg'd up Judgement at 2 pips. Not the case with Insane Bolt.

If you're Ice....

Nope, pretty much all of them except Storm (400) and Fire (415). Myth can't survive if it is the treasure card version (425).

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
princesscallie12 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:
So why did bolt get changed but not judgement? I mean its 100 per pip with only defense being tower. Yet with feints critical and gargantuan tower doesnt even help. At least Insane Bolt kills a storm so why cant you change judgement up a bit?
for 2 pips, judgement does 200 points. for 2 pips, insane bolt does 1000 points. plus balance resist works against judgement's damage. how does this even compare? -corwin sandstalker and crew

200? Im sorry but a legendary balance egts 4 pips first turn. My friend can do 2000 with 5.

Hmm... Callie, have you been beaten by Balance? Particularly Judgement? Because a grudge is what I'm getting here.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
O MY GOSH! i have seen a warlord of every single school so that means there is a way, just figure out and have a plan.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
princesscallie12 wrote:

Wild bolt got changed cause of the exploitation. I mean they COULD have just stopped enchanted treasures cards trading, which they did, and just by that wild bolt would have been limited to STORM ONLY instead of level 1 fire noobs being able to use it. but since they felt even storm was exploiting it, they changed it completely. but oh well, it's still a nice trigger for my storm elf's stormblade may cast. Back to the "Judgement not getting changed" topic. If KI were to change judgement what exactly would they change it to? 75 damage per pip? sure why not make it weaker than tempest and only a single hit. No that would be not fair in any way. it's hard enough for balance to quest enough as it it WITH judgement being 100 per pip. just be glad they didn't make the judgement PET give a REAL judgement card. please back up your complaints with facts and ideas before posting here. and use a little common sense.
Yours Truly,
Duncan Iceblade

Survivor
May 22, 2010
Posieden810 wrote:
All you balance wizards make good points, yet, I was fighting today, against a legendary balance wizard. First turn: ice stun, second turn: blade. All this time I was blading and traping. He had four power pips, he had put on the two balance blade spells. and guess what? he judged. he criticals, I die. The problem this forum is about is that judgement is too powerful. it is. there are people who fight with only judgement. and they just abuse it, and abuse over and over, it's not really the spell that should be changed, but the ability to abuse the spell that should be changed. It's KIs problem. Remember the poll that went up for Wild bolt. TOTALLY messed up by KI, The problem was, people were abusing it, so they punished ALL of us instead of the people who were abusing it! thats wrong on KIs part. Final point: what I'd do is fix the people who are abusing it, not the spell.

Plz explain how you abuse a spell. Like all schools, one of the best spells Balance has is Judgment. You dont abuse a spell by using it the most, in fact i dont know how you abuse a spell at all! I am a Grandmaster Balance Wizard and even with a 68% critical rating i barely critical, I am terrible at pvp, and have a lot of trouble killing CL bosses. Juddgment is the spell i use the most. It is my best spell. That is why i "ABUSE" it. Search me.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
BAF1 wrote:
Posieden810 wrote:
All you balance wizards make good points, yet, I was fighting today, against a legendary balance wizard. First turn: ice stun, second turn: blade. All this time I was blading and traping. He had four power pips, he had put on the two balance blade spells. and guess what? he judged. he criticals, I die. The problem this forum is about is that judgement is too powerful. it is. there are people who fight with only judgement. and they just abuse it, and abuse over and over, it's not really the spell that should be changed, but the ability to abuse the spell that should be changed. It's KIs problem. Remember the poll that went up for Wild bolt. TOTALLY messed up by KI, The problem was, people were abusing it, so they punished ALL of us instead of the people who were abusing it! thats wrong on KIs part. Final point: what I'd do is fix the people who are abusing it, not the spell.

Plz explain how you abuse a spell. Like all schools, one of the best spells Balance has is Judgment. You dont abuse a spell by using it the most, in fact i dont know how you abuse a spell at all! I am a Grandmaster Balance Wizard and even with a 68% critical rating i barely critical, I am terrible at pvp, and have a lot of trouble killing CL bosses. Juddgment is the spell i use the most. It is my best spell. That is why i "ABUSE" it. Search me.

I think thats 68 critical rating, not 68%

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Posieden810 wrote:

Judgement is not to poweful! sry you got killed by one, but get real. Darthjt can explain it to you, I am too tired to. where are you Darthjt when we need you. :)

If Judgement gets changed than storm needs to be changed, cause guess what they have A LOT of powerful spells, so thats not fair is it? (just making a point storm wiz's I am not serious). Lets just change Levi, and tempest, and storm lord and bolt and etc,,,,and dont forget efreet .......

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
worknman wrote:
If you look at the actual math, the amount of damage per pip that judgement does is lower than most. You argue that lots of bonuses can be put on it? That is true of any attack. While you are waiting eight turns or so that the balance wizard will need to cast all you described and get a powered up judge, why not take them out first, or mount a defense? A dispel will leave them with no pips at all and you sitting pretty, and that is just one of many options. KI doesn't need to make balance attacks weaker, they are already one of the weakest.

I disagree. I'm a balance wizard and I think we're very strong. You have to admit, our attacks aren't comparably strong, and we don't have that many blades and traps, but since we're balance, we have a mixture of both attack and defense. There are only a limited amount of spells that can protect from balance attacks. We still have dragonblade, balance blade, etc...
But in return, we don't have very many attack boosting spells, or very hard-hitting attacks. A plus for that is that we are allowed more defenses than say, a storm wizard, plus our opponents have limited ways of blocking our attacks.

So like a said, it's a mixture. We have a good amount of both attack and defensive spells, as well a mid-range hitting spells. Balance spells are all very fair. (IMO)

Survivor
May 29, 2010
In my opinion Balance is too weak and storm is overpowered. I have 118 critical rating for balance and I almost never critical even with vengeance. I don't critical, and if I use judgement or Ra with gargantuan it does almost nothing because of all the tower shields people use. Plus legendary balance gear gives no accuracy so I fizzle most of my spells and get defeated in a lot of my pvp matches and if that's not bad enough my pet wont even heal me so to me balance is too weak and needs a higher rank spell

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
im a lvl 40 balance wizard i agree that all you need to do is hit balance hard enough so they have to heal then they cant nail you unless like me you have the one fire card that heals and hurts the other dude

your friend Wolf dragontamer ps:hope this helps other schools

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Have I replied to this before? I don't think so. If I have, stop reading here, if I haven't I disagree with your idea. In PvP Judgement may not be the most fair thing in the world, but HeckHound is pretty bad when your opponent has almost all powerpips except for two, plus that's damage over time so Tower Shield isn't the most effective. Outside of PvP, though, Judgement is the only thing that keeps me alive!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I'm a storm wizard, and I also have a balance wizard and I don't support the idea for judgement to be change. For me judgement is like tempest, I think people have been complaining about these spells from ages lol... If you see the other guy is balance cast your tower shields and treasure tower shields one hit from judgment will take both normal and treasure tower shield and wont do much damage.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Being a legendary Balance wizard, I have many rude, mean, and even hurtful comments yelled at me when i cast a judge with critical with gargantuan on it. I have beaten every school in the spiral with a fully hooked up and rigged Judge, BUT i come out of the battle almost finished myself. I went up against a storm, fire and Death at my house and had the others on my side flee, and a Judge killed the storm guy, ok, Got the powerhouse done, but the time that took, i could've casted 4 Ra's, FOUR RA'S! I come out of the battle victorious, but only with 100 of 3,557 health left. This is off topic but, you want overpowered, try storm, yes, their health balances their strength, but come on, a 2 pip spell that can kill someone in ONE HIT if it criticals, THAT is overpowered. Granted, i've done a judge to Malistaire that did 15,000 damage, but that was because i had a garg. Dragonblade, Balanceblade, Blade storm, treasure bladestorm and balanceblade, PET dragonblade, amulet hex and balanceblade, critical, Hex, a treasure curse, treasure Hex, feint, and treasure feint. Now, if that happened in Pvp, a storm could have done 4 insane bolts, (these things rarely hit the caster) and killed me. All in all, Judgement makes up for my school's rather weak attacks. Remeber though, Balance school is a school that CAN change things with one spell, balance was created to be paired up with another player, say its PVP, 2v4, (yes this CAN happen) and me and a storm cant kill them, i can Ra or judge, and give the storm a chance of winning, Balance is a school meant to wait for the correct moment, Strike, then wait again, strike etc. If judge gets changed, balance is reduced to a school you only want for their blades.
Nathan-Lvl 60 Sorcerer
Quin EmeraldBlossom-lvl 40 necromancer
Aaron Foegem-Lvl 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
Anyone who has to go so low as to complain about judgment is just crazy. I see the reason why people would complain about a random level 1 in the arena casting wild bolt treasures, but judgement? I am a level 32 balance warlord and it doesn't take a legendary to survive a judgement. Why don't you complain some more about spells you die against? Develop a strategy and adapt to the situation. You're not defenseless! In order for me to kill the normal wizard i go against I need to do at least about 2,500 damage! Do you think its easy? All I do is balance blade, hex, and feint. After that, I save up enough pips to use the spell. Of course it is easy if I am going up against someone who hasn't heard of shields! Tower shield, weakness, fortify, unbalance, plenty of ways. This isn't insane bolt where i can deal 1,000 damage with 2 pips. This takes me at least 10 pips before i attack. Don't let the balance save up the pips and set the traps as you sit there helplessly admitting defeat! And why did wild bolt change and not judgement? Simply because with 2 pips we only do 200 damage. Give us 8 pips? We do 800? Efreet does more than that. Maybe you should complain about that? Efreet and leviathan? I think thats how you spell it. Adapt to your situation if you want to win.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
I'm not gonna go ahead and think that putting in a side effect and/or changing Judgement is going to be a good idea. I mean, yeah for storm wizards wild bolt is now (maybe) too weak to waste on a ton of traps and blades for a possible mere 10 points of damage, and the risk of self-obliteration with Insane Bolt is too edgy to take. But Wizard101 finally added a balance dissipation charm (unbalance), so if you cast one on a balance wizard about to do Judgement, he/she will just fizzle and waste all of the pips saved to cast it, so now it is pretty fair in my opinion

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Jaypaw101 wrote:
Personally, I find Judge is useful for PvE as a one-hit kill up until DS, and it's good to use coupled with another strong attack from someone else in PvP. The only two blades a sorcerer learns as part of their deck don't even give a 50% boost advantage, and only hex with 30% and feint with 70% can be learned and used as trap boosts. I find that the Hydra card given to you by Jade Oni's Necklace is at least five times more useful, as it rams through shields and attacks with three different schools. If you're losing to Judge so much, you really need to change your strategy. A single Tower Shield can half the damage done by Judge.

I'm not Balance, but it is actually a pretty fair spell. I'm a Legendary Ice and I enjoyed to PvP, but I kept on getting defeated by Balance with Judgement when I was close to being a master, and then I realized what happens. So I reset my training points (It was worth all those crowns), and trained the balance dissipation charm Un-Balance. It became a very handy spell in PvP. I can easily see that a Balance is about to save up for Judgement. So I (secretly) pull out a Un-Balance and lie in wait for the Balance to be ready. At the eighth pip they gain, I leap in and put a Un-Balance on them. The fizzle, they lose all the pips they saved, and now I'm almost a Warlord.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
princesscallie12 wrote:

Judgement is NOT overpowered. I'm a Balance wiz and my balance boost is pretty high, and whenever I use judgement, the enemies weakness it and the weakness actually effects big. Judgement shouldn't be changed unless heckhound, storm hound, dryad, animate, and any other rank X spell. Not many people use judgement, and if they do in pvp, they run out of pips so what can you do next round? Attack them.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kingurz wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:

Because a level 1 wizard can survive a Garg'd up Judgement at 2 pips. Not the case with Insane Bolt.

Sorry, but actually novices can get defeated by a garg'd up 2 pip judgement. It's 200 damage, plus 275 or 375 I forget, and then what about the damage boost and critical. 0_0 not even ice wiz start with 475-575 health.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
There is only 2 spells that I know of that have a chance to kill right off the bat... 1 is insane bolt, it can easily kill the caster and maybe another storm (Maybe), and WildBolt with a gargantuan and critical at max...

That is it! Do the math, there is no other spells out there that can kill someone right off the bat....

Now, you say the game or schools or spells are unbalanced? Show me how they are unbalanced, besides stating, "I lose to that school, therefor they must be overpowered"

People complain when they lose, why, because people don't like to lose... People think they are so smart that there is no way, someone could beat them... I myself, am that conceded... However, I know a good strategy when I see one and even I have lost and learned a few things...

That is the key, not to complain when you lose, but to learn from you loss, to correct mistakes you made, to think of a better strategy when facing that scenario...

I still stand firm on my belief, that the game is as balanced as it can get, without all the schools being exactly the same... Try to mathmatically prove me wrong...

Now, I don't complain about schools being TOO unbalanced, but what you stated refutes your "belief". You just said storm's insane bolt and wild bolt are the only spells that can kill someone right "off bat". Thus making storm be "overpowered".

Once again, I dont think storm is overpowered, but thats what your statement just said....

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

If judgement were changed, that is the day that I delete my wizard101 account, along with all my wizards and stop giving KI money each month.

To compare the Bolters and Judgement is absolute nonsense, this thread is kind of nonsense. If anything Judgement should be raised to the Malistaire robe Judgement value of 125 per pip 8) that would be sweet!

I can't count the number of duels she has won for me. I really don't see what the heck the problem most of you have is?

You don't see me complaining about Heckhound or Frostbite or Medusa or Insane Bolt or the guy I beat the other day who failed to beat me after spamming Link and Weakness a half a million times, to the detriment of his strategy.

Let's be honest, you want to take Judgement away from Balance wizards or weaken it so that you can beat Balance wizards more often am I right?

Not going to happen 8)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
princesscallie12 wrote:

Judgement isn't the trump card of Balance. Wild bolt got changed because wild bolt was being over used and its accuracy was 10 and yet people made it up to 80. Judgement to me, I don't use it much. Power nova and ra easily replace it. Or spectral blast. Just because someone uses judgement doesn't mean it's the end of the world. There are more options then just tower shield: weakness, weakness treasure, plague, virulent plague, plague treasure, virulent plague treasure, tower shield amulet, tower shield treasure, also dispels can be used. Unbalance will dispel the Balance wizard's spell and also drain out all of his/her pips, which will leave you with a wide open chance to attack. Judgement is a finisher when the enemy is at low health, if it's changed, then change heckhound, storm hound, dryad, animate, and all the rank X spells in the game should be changed too. There's a reason for rank X spells. They're not always the best. Also, if the opponent has rights to use judgement, then you can use it back.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Well bolt MOSTLY fizzled each time. I mean its better to hit 10 than 0 am I right? There is no problem with judgement because it is just like any other x spell out there. People complain about Judgement but who remembered Heck Hound hit 30 more each pip with 7 pips, Heck Hound does 910 with 7 pips and Judgement with 7 pips, is only 700 plus Heck Hound is special so it blasts through shields easy. Judgement can not. Heck Hound is more dangerous. So with 7 power pips heckhound is 1,820 with Gargantuan it is 2,045 with critical it can be about 3x as much making 6,135 and fireblade is more than balanceblade and it blasts through shields easily. If you did the same math with judgement it is only 4,875 and it can not break through shields. So if people are complaining about Judgement, they can't take a hit!!!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
princesscallie12 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:
for 2 pips, judgement does 200 points. for 2 pips, insane bolt does 1000 points. plus balance resist works against judgement's damage. how does this even compare? -corwin sandstalker and crew

200? Im sorry but a legendary balance egts 4 pips first turn. My friend can do 2000 with 5.

You're just over exagerating for people to think it's overpowered. I have 80% balance damage boost. I start with 4 pips. Only hits around 1000 if I critical and no one critical blocks, or has resist. Fat chance that's gonna happen.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
EvilDroid wrote:
Posieden810 wrote:

Judgement is not to poweful! sry you got killed by one, but get real. Darthjt can explain it to you, I am too tired to. where are you Darthjt when we need you. :)

If Judgement gets changed than storm needs to be changed, cause guess what they have A LOT of powerful spells, so thats not fair is it? (just making a point storm wiz's I am not serious). Lets just change Levi, and tempest, and storm lord and bolt and etc,,,,and dont forget efreet .......

Poisidon stated his very problem in his own post... Did it ever occur to you, that if you don't shield, you can die?

Do you know, there are tower shields, treasure tower shields, equipment tower shields, pet tower shields! All these tower shields to protect you and yet, you failed to cast them? Then have the nerve to complain that you died and state that Balance is too overpowered?

LoL Enough said!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:
There is only 2 spells that I know of that have a chance to kill right off the bat... 1 is insane bolt, it can easily kill the caster and maybe another storm (Maybe), and WildBolt with a gargantuan and critical at max...

That is it! Do the math, there is no other spells out there that can kill someone right off the bat....

Now, you say the game or schools or spells are unbalanced? Show me how they are unbalanced, besides stating, "I lose to that school, therefor they must be overpowered"

People complain when they lose, why, because people don't like to lose... People think they are so smart that there is no way, someone could beat them... I myself, am that conceded... However, I know a good strategy when I see one and even I have lost and learned a few things...

That is the key, not to complain when you lose, but to learn from you loss, to correct mistakes you made, to think of a better strategy when facing that scenario...

I still stand firm on my belief, that the game is as balanced as it can get, without all the schools being exactly the same... Try to mathmatically prove me wrong...

Now, I don't complain about schools being TOO unbalanced, but what you stated refutes your "belief". You just said storm's insane bolt and wild bolt are the only spells that can kill someone right "off bat". Thus making storm be "overpowered".

Once again, I dont think storm is overpowered, but thats what your statement just said....

Ok, first off, I did not refute my own beliefs...

WildBolt Can Kill and do massive damage off the bat, but, it can also do very little for 2 pips... It is a chance

Insane Bolt may be able to kill, however, it can kill the caster...

Both make these very much gambles and keeps balance in the game!