Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

medusa needs update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
ok i think i putting this in pvp but idk x. x anyways medusa right off the bat its only boost is stuns star spell for 4 rounds cant be stunned what the? so myths only power gone x. x ok even worse when medusa came out earth stopped removing stun shields so now you cant use medusa twice you cant do anything with it i only carry 2 medusa in my deck at the max cause it isnt worth it if i have to carry a extra stun for each medusa then to make it worse they talking about stun resist armor? why not just say ok ya myths lvl 58 spell worthless have fun wit it cause since allot of guys you really need it to effect in pve cant be stunned pvp star spell blocks it soon stun resist armor is gonna make it worse then to add even worse it does a little more then ice but to one target? and for what a practically useless stunning effect ya good job KI have fun wit your myth killing party

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
They did it to ice and ice has figured out ways around it, and i know myths that did the same.

The thing is myth's strategy isn't just stun, it's kind of stereotypical that myth should only stun but really its not. What i do on my myth i use minions because i love them, and my whole strategy is to only use a stun when i know it will land, and if i cant stun my plan is to go on the defensive, i still dont have talos because sadly i didnt even do grizzlehiem on like half my character lol. But the idea for medusa is you can build it up, earth wasnt meant to get rid of stun shields it gets rid of the actual shields and blades, if you time it right you just earth than medusa. I mean really for my ice do you think taunt is helpful at all in the arena lol?? The laugh just creeps me out and i can only hope it scares the other team as much as it does to me.
But stun can actually do something and thats stun.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The Conviction spell has gives you 90%resistance to stun for 4 rounds. So there is still a chance that stun will go through.
Since earthquake cannot remove stun shields, carry just one normal stun spell. After you medusa, use it to pop off the stun shield ;) Then use medusa again.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
stormkingthe2end wrote:
ok i think i putting this in pvp but idk x. x anyways medusa right off the bat its only boost is stuns star spell for 4 rounds cant be stunned what the? so myths only power gone x. x ok even worse when medusa came out earth stopped removing stun shields so now you cant use medusa twice you cant do anything with it i only carry 2 medusa in my deck at the max cause it isnt worth it if i have to carry a extra stun for each medusa then to make it worse they talking about stun resist armor? why not just say ok ya myths lvl 58 spell worthless have fun wit it cause since allot of guys you really need it to effect in pve cant be stunned pvp star spell blocks it soon stun resist armor is gonna make it worse then to add even worse it does a little more then ice but to one target? and for what a practically useless stunning effect ya good job KI have fun wit your myth killing party
:) :D 8)

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
i completely understand it is soooooo weak and guess what myth is suppose to be the third best school and it has a attack that does 770 damage and 90% of bosses and 65% of minions block the stun and the knights use convinction or have the amulet of free movement so medusa needs to do more atleast 895 base damage o and if this doesnt happen i hopw you have fun with you myth killing party

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
dylanforwalk wrote:
i completely understand it is soooooo weak and guess what myth is suppose to be the third best school and it has a attack that does 770 damage and 90% of bosses and 65% of minions block the stun and the knights use convinction or have the amulet of free movement so medusa needs to do more atleast 895 base damage o and if this doesnt happen i hopw you have fun with you myth killing party

Alright so you're suggesting turning medusa into 895 damage? yea you said it yourself myth is supposed to be the THIRD highest hitting school, so why not tie it with the second? makes a whole lot of sense... think about things before you say them.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
dylanforwalk wrote:

You think Medusa is weak? Try to be in Balance's shoes. First of all, only 3 types of blades, Dragonblade(item card), Balanceblade, and Bladestorm can boost Balance strength spells! Hex and Feint can be added, but still it is hardly 3000 damage for Ra when you combine them all. There is now more Balance resist in gear, so it is pretty hard to kill people.

Plus, I've seen many Myth wizards hit at least 2500 for Medusa. It's pretty easy to boost, considering you have Sprit Blade, Myth Blade, and Myth trap. You can also train at the Death school for Feint. Add a Balance wizard, and boom! You get a good hit.

Medusa's stun works well for the unprepared, too. You just gotta find the right time to use it. ;)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Tom5194 wrote:
dylanforwalk wrote:

You think Medusa is weak? Try to be in Balance's shoes. First of all, only 3 types of blades, Dragonblade(item card), Balanceblade, and Bladestorm can boost Balance strength spells! Hex and Feint can be added, but still it is hardly 3000 damage for Ra when you combine them all. There is now more Balance resist in gear, so it is pretty hard to kill people.

Plus, I've seen many Myth wizards hit at least 2500 for Medusa. It's pretty easy to boost, considering you have Sprit Blade, Myth Blade, and Myth trap. You can also train at the Death school for Feint. Add a Balance wizard, and boom! You get a good hit.

Medusa's stun works well for the unprepared, too. You just gotta find the right time to use it. ;)

my only complaint on balance is that it hardly ever hits critical anymore and now its usually always blocked, balance kind of relied upon that... balance still plays well in the 4v4 arena eventhough it feels a bit weakened

Champion
Apr 18, 2010

seasnake wrote:
my only complaint on balance is that it hardly ever hits critical anymore and now its usually always blocked, balance kind of relied upon that... balance still plays well in the 4v4 arena eventhough it feels a bit weakened

In 4v4, balance isn't supposed to be the one dealing damage. We blade and shield our teammates, and use power nova for the weakness.

Anyways, Medusa stuns for two rounds. You can use that time to blade, then attack. If you want to stun them multiple times, just cast stun to remove the stun shield, then since they are still stunned from Medusa, blade then Medusa if going first, or go straight to casting it if going second. That stuns them for another two rounds.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
stormkingthe2end wrote:

Hello!

My opinion of this,

Every school has different cards, and different abilities, up's and down's.

KI made every school and spells with careful and good decisions, and wise ones!

Myth does not rely on medusa, but you have to figure out how you want to use it, as a strategy.

Usually, all you have is a regular stun, no damage for myth.

Medusa introduces damage AND stun.
If you combine nice armor that adds to your myth attack,
You can do some damage, Not to mention blades+Traps.
Now, there is also Gargantuan. A universal buff spell.
There's plenty of things to help you with this.

Just put your mind into it.