Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm way to over powered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I may be a lvl 60 death student with all the best death has to offer and i do have a storm shield but this is getting very old i hate when we start a ranked pvp the storm uses the insane bolt or the other bolt and critical and kill you on the first turn its not fare it happens all the time storm has the highest critical and damage and a good amount of life and heavy resistance i get they need to be strong but its so unbalanced i want a fare chance to fight to! Any one else have these problems

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darkwolf2750 wrote:
I may be a lvl 60 death student with all the best death has to offer and i do have a storm shield but this is getting very old i hate when we start a ranked pvp the storm uses the insane bolt or the other bolt and critical and kill you on the first turn its not fare it happens all the time storm has the highest critical and damage and a good amount of life and heavy resistance i get they need to be strong but its so unbalanced i want a fare chance to fight to! Any one else have these problems

Darkwolf,

Yep, have the same problem, but it only seems to hit around 30 percent of the time for me. I use to have a 50/50 chance of beating a Storm, but not anymore.
After the release of the Waterworks gear, by wins against Storm is zero.
Actually three battles with Storm, and zero wins.

I think when KI made the statement (just as WinterTusk was released) that Storm should be the strongest wizard, that should have been a clue to us.

Joe.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
anyone can get an amulet with insane bolt on it and because insane bolt attacks as moon rather than as storm anyone can also hit as hard as storm does with it, insane bolt can largely be withstood by using a tower shield, toss a couple of those on maybe heal once or twice and eventually the storm will wind up killing themself

when it comes to wild bolt, it only does great damage one third of the time and can be blocked with storm shields