Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where or where have the golden pearls gone?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Where oh where could they be? I haven't farmed for reagents in a while. I have always been able to get a combination of pearls and golden pearls from the portico so that I could transmute and come up with 8 to 10 golden pearls for 30 to 45 minutes worth of work. All I get now are black pearls and pearls. This is annoying. Are we to garden for them now? If not, can we get a recipe to transmute black pearl either into 10 or 15 black lotus, or into golden pearls? Maybe let you use pearls or black pearls to transmute golden pearls? This is obnoxious. In particular because it keeps changing.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I was faring the Portico for pearls a few weeks ago before WT arrival and was receiving golden pearls about 1/10th of the time. It was slow, but not enough to be overly irritating.

If they have changed the drop rate after the WT update, I'd be good to know.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Moribund wrote:
I was faring the Portico for pearls a few weeks ago before WT arrival and was receiving golden pearls about 1/10th of the time. It was slow, but not enough to be overly irritating.

If they have changed the drop rate after the WT update, I'd be good to know.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Well, I farmed the Portico for 45 minutes today. I received over 40 pearls... but not 1 single golden pearl. Not really positive how many black pearls I got, just that I never got a single golden pearl. That has never happened to me before. Previously, I have always received at least 1 golden pearl in 45 minutes of farming...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I have a secret for farming for gold pearls, but it would either be a spoiler, or something that I don't want gotten out.

So, if you really want to know, we would have to meet in the game for me to share my secret.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I haven't farmed for pearls for about 2 weeks now, but it seemed when i did then, and when i have in the past, i would get one golden pearl with either 15th pearl. i don't know if it's coincidence or not, since that's how many it takes to transmute, but it was like a find 15 pearls, get 15 free pearls (as one golden pearl) sort of thing. good luck, in any case! -eli and crew

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
etherchaos wrote:
I haven't farmed for pearls for about 2 weeks now, but it seemed when i did then, and when i have in the past, i would get one golden pearl with either 15th pearl. i don't know if it's coincidence or not, since that's how many it takes to transmute, but it was like a find 15 pearls, get 15 free pearls (as one golden pearl) sort of thing. good luck, in any case! -eli and crew

When you farm again, I'd be interested to hear back. Like I say, I pulled in over 40 pearls... not a single golden in the bunch.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Where oh where could they be? I haven't farmed for reagents in a while. I have always been able to get a combination of pearls and golden pearls from the portico so that I could transmute and come up with 8 to 10 golden pearls for 30 to 45 minutes worth of work. All I get now are black pearls and pearls. This is annoying. Are we to garden for them now? If not, can we get a recipe to transmute black pearl either into 10 or 15 black lotus, or into golden pearls? Maybe let you use pearls or black pearls to transmute golden pearls? This is obnoxious. In particular because it keeps changing.

Yes, we are supposed to garden for them. Your best bet, in my opinion, is that giving tree. My brother got one and got a golden pearl. and this awesome pet snack that did 15+ everything and 20+ power!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Idk about the drop rate in the portico as I have not farmed there much, but I just wanted to add that another place to look for pearls is in the Stormriven Hall. There are several drop sites and you can make a loop in about 1 minute.
Also, idk if it has changed since the WT update, but months ago I got a good ratio of Golden pearls there.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I farm the portico and i get a few of them every now and then but transmuting is pretty good, they seem to drop a lot less i'll agree there. But i actually get they pretty commonly from the genie in the sultan's palace.