Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

problem with minion (death minion)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I am a M pyromancer and have a death minion spell (from pet, at baby). When I would cast the spell, it would perform two rounds (minimal due to pips) then taunt the creaters - so it would commit suicide. Ok, so it is a little assist, but very brief. I wonder if this is because I am a pyromancer OR am I using the spell incorrectly (it is an "X" based cast spell - minion creature is based on the number of pips I have when Icast the spell?!? - anyway... ) there is not much information to answer these questions... any ideas?!?

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
not sure but they changed the death minion a few months back without telling anyone.. Nice huh? Try playing with a minion for 2 years just to have it changed without notification..-- I don't know if that is the problem with yours or not- just letting you know they were changed.

Administrator
We made changes to almost all the minions in October of 2010 and the notes about those changes can, as always, be found in our Game Updates section:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/october2010

However at that time no changes were made to the Death Minions and no changes have been made to them since.

Keep in mind there are several different minions that may appear as a result of casting Animate and each has a different deck and different behaviors. Check the wiki for information: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Animate

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Apr 30, 2010
That is the first pip minion. I normally wait for more then one pip and then cast the minion. Don't go higher then 7 pips because the minion isn't as good.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009

Back before October i would agree the death minion wasnt worth the pips but now i find it can be useful. As a Legendary Necromancer with my current gear i have 104% power pip chance and i can only summon the evens. I like 8 pips and up best. Though its up to you. I think the fire minion is decent enough, i've pvped with adepts who use it and get shielded and healed pretty quickly. and the other post was right 7 pips and under is kind of a risky choice. I didnt use animate until the 55-60 range because i never saw a use for it. Hope i gave you some info :D

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Big thumbs down for the death minion change. No wonder no one knew when it got changed- everyone was pumped for Celestia. You know KI I have played with those minions since the game started- and a vote would have been nice. Or letting us know what spells you changed. Big - for me..

Administrator
Please read the post where I stated we did NOT change the Death Minion at that time.

jakehjk3 wrote:
Big thumbs down for the death minion change. No wonder no one knew when it got changed- everyone was pumped for Celestia. You know KI I have played with those minions since the game started- and a vote would have been nice. Or letting us know what spells you changed. Big - for me..

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
May 13, 2011