Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Cap should be raised

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2011

Greetings,

I'm finding that I will end up being level 60 quite soon, far before I finish Celestia.

I have done all of the side quests, and have ocassionally helped a friend who was a world behind me. I did Crab alley, Grizzlehelm, and have started on Wintertusk, but am still in Hrutle Ford there.

I'm level 53, and have yet to complete Dragonspyre. I am still in the Forum section of DS.

Now yes, you can state that Grizzlehelm and Wintertusk are side worlds. Not part of the main plot. However you are given them as quests. It seems logical to pursue them, and even more so due to the new spells that are only gained by doing the quests there.

So what am I do to when I reach Celestia at approximately level 57-58, which is about what I will be at when I get there, and have 10 levels worth of Celestia experience, and then get to level 60th? Waste all that experience due to a level cap which is obviously too low?

I would suggest - due to all of the new content - that the level cap be raised to 70th. Even if it takes a while to put in new spells for these new levels, at least give wizards the ability to use the experience that they gain and not just have it go to waste.

Thanks,

Jonathon Trollbane
Level 53 Life Wizard

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I used to feel the same as you after I maxed out my first few characters. I’d stop questing when I get maxed, no matter what quest I was on. Then Celestia came out and I maxed again before I finished. Then Wintertusk arrived with its massive quest rewards. I came to the realization that when a new world debuts, KI provides enough quests to cover the levels. Saving up isnt necessary. KI has been very generous on questing experience and skimping on battle exp. I just do the quests now regardless if I need them or not. Sure, I do not get the exp, but I can enjoy the story and it gives me a goal to complete.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I have to agree with ya here. Even though I'm only level 47, soon to be 48, I've done a couple Celestia dungeons, and they give TONS of experience. Some wizards already Legendaries when they get to these, and it is a waste of experience. I'm with ya on this one

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
SirMarhalt wrote:

Greetings,

I'm finding that I will end up being level 60 quite soon, far before I finish Celestia.

I have done all of the side quests, and have ocassionally helped a friend who was a world behind me. I did Crab alley, Grizzlehelm, and have started on Wintertusk, but am still in Hrutle Ford there.

I'm level 53, and have yet to complete Dragonspyre. I am still in the Forum section of DS.

Now yes, you can state that Grizzlehelm and Wintertusk are side worlds. Not part of the main plot. However you are given them as quests. It seems logical to pursue them, and even more so due to the new spells that are only gained by doing the quests there.

So what am I do to when I reach Celestia at approximately level 57-58, which is about what I will be at when I get there, and have 10 levels worth of Celestia experience, and then get to level 60th? Waste all that experience due to a level cap which is obviously too low?

I would suggest - due to all of the new content - that the level cap be raised to 70th. Even if it takes a while to put in new spells for these new levels, at least give wizards the ability to use the experience that they gain and not just have it go to waste.

Thanks,

Jonathon Trollbane
Level 53 Life Wizard

As there are only 6 Main Line worlds, the Level Cap should remain at Level 60. Just because there is a lot of extra xp available doesn't mean you need more levels. Even if doing the main line worlds, you will hit 50 before being done with DS and 60 before being done with CL if you do all your side quests.

The next Morgantine World will come with a level cap increase. If you can't accept that, I'm sorry. There is no need to raise the Level Cap above 60 at this point. It would be unfair to all the wizards who have DONE the quests at level 60.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Johnist wrote:

The next Morgantine World will come with a level cap increase. If you can't accept that, I'm sorry. There is no need to raise the Level Cap above 60 at this point. It would be unfair to all the wizards who have DONE the quests at level 60.

If that truthfully is the only thing preventing a new level cap is that then all they need to do is set up a script that will look through their logs and back pay current legendarys the XP they lost.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
random1self wrote:
Johnist wrote:

If that truthfully is the only thing preventing a new level cap is that then all they need to do is set up a script that will look through their logs and back pay current legendarys the XP they lost.

I disagree. They don't need to raise the Level Cap at all until the next Main Line world comes out. Hopefully that will be close to December, but we'll have to wait to truly know...

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
Well, when you think about it, level 60 is legendary. If the level cap was raised, what would be after legendary? It wouldn't make sense to stay legendary the whole game. But I'm sure Kingsisle will think of something for the level raise.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011

<<As there are only 6 Main Line worlds, the Level Cap should remain at Level 60. Just because there is a lot of extra xp available doesn't mean you need more levels.>>

Just because there is alot of extra exp... That statement is just not logical.

If you can gain experience, there should be levels to gain as well. End of story.

As for there only being 6 main line worlds, if Grizzlehelm and Wintertusk was not considered important by KI, then you would not need to go there to gain two new spells, as well as the level 58 pet.

<<It would be unfair to all the wizards who have DONE the quests at level 60. >>

<<If that truthfully is the only thing preventing a new level cap is that then all they need to do is set up a script that will look through their logs and back pay current legendarys the XP they lost. >>

Indeed. Simple solution and fair to everyone.

<<I used to feel the same as you after I maxed out my first few characters. I’d stop questing when I get maxed, no matter what quest I was on. Then Celestia came out and I maxed again before I finished. >>

Proof enough that the level cap is *NOT* high enough. You maxed before you finished Celestia. As I would have done even if I had not done Grizzlehelm, Crab Alley, and some of Wintertusk.

<<I came to the realization that when a new world debuts, KI provides enough quests to cover the levels. >>

They provide plenty of experience. What is lacking is the levels to use that experience.

Perhaps being able to buy training points with experience would be an option.

Or buying the ability to make a secondary school into a full school. Which would be very cool indeed.

Plenty of ways to use the experience instead of just wasting it.

And a response from someone within KI would be appreciated.

Thanks.