Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full Storm Teams

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I keep running into these storm teams in 4v4 pvp that gargantuan tempest every round, and it is like impossible to defeat them, especially if they go first. There needs to be some limits about tempest in pvp. Another thing is that I have noticed that I rarely block criticals from storms in pvp, while I block almost every critical from all other schools.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
sethi123 wrote:
I keep running into these storm teams in 4v4 pvp that gargantuan tempest every round, and it is like impossible to defeat them, especially if they go first. There needs to be some limits about tempest in pvp. Another thing is that I have noticed that I rarely block criticals from storms in pvp, while I block almost every critical from all other schools.

it is harder to block storms crit chance cause they have larger numbers in it, the reason why tempests and other quick mass attacks work so well is that everyone has such low health in relationship to damage dealt, being able to put up only one shield of a type at a time such as a storm shield does little good when there are for storms hitting you in a turn, and I think blocking against mass attack damage should be added to the game (if it is a mass attack as opposed to a 1v1 type of attack then you should have a natural blocking chance based upon your level and school type)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, first everyone complained about Wildbolt, then everyone complained about chain stuns, now KI has fixed and neutered Wildbolt and made chain stunning impossible.

Now, you all are complaining about tempest?

LOL

Seriously?

Here is a suggestions, either learn a way to defeat a full storm team, or quit playing 4v4.

Here is a few suggestions!

1. Stun the whole team, so your team can fully attack them!
2. Smoke screen them so they fizzle and your team can attack them!
3. Increase your critical block points by getting Lifeforce blade, athames and rings with critical block!

There are several ways to do things, the problem is not with spells or schools, it is with your strategies!

Lose with Dignity, don't whine and cry about it!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It is kind of convienent that the only thing that can really increase critical is a crowns item or you have to super farm to get it(life force blade). While you cant tell them oh you cant have 4 storms that just wouldnt work out. I had a post saying that there should be limits to critical and wizard has been playing around a bit with making criticals a little more balanced the first show of it was making spritely unable to critical. I think all in all criticals do have some problems need reworking but as shown by people like those who have posted on this before me. People just wont cut back on their newly discovered way of not using strategy at all to benefit the game lol. "What the game cant make it so i cant win on the first turn thats just.... stop complaining" like seriously thats all i ever hear now a days when someone tries to fix something that isn't balanced. Well my only advice to you to stop that is if your fighting against a team like that just cross your fingers and hope you block it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, first everyone complained about Wildbolt, then everyone complained about chain stuns, now KI has fixed and neutered Wildbolt and made chain stunning impossible.

Now, you all are complaining about tempest?

LOL

Seriously?

Here is a suggestions, either learn a way to defeat a full storm team, or quit playing 4v4.

Here is a few suggestions!

1. Stun the whole team, so your team can fully attack them!
2. Smoke screen them so they fizzle and your team can attack them!
3. Increase your critical block points by getting Lifeforce blade, athames and rings with critical block!

There are several ways to do things, the problem is not with spells or schools, it is with your strategies!

Lose with Dignity, don't whine and cry about it!

Darthjt,

After this post, I am ready for some of that cheese you keep handing out....
I will eat it with Diginity.....

Joe.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
It is kind of convienent that the only thing that can really increase critical is a crowns item or you have to super farm to get it(life force blade).

That's not accurate. You can get the ice wand from wintertusk in the bazaar. It has +36 crit block which is higher than the lifeforce blade. You just don't get a +30 crit bonus to go with it... I think it is called something like the "staff of the boreal bear" or some such.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, after seeing a few complaints about this, I decided to take a night off and simply watch PvP for awhile instead of participate...

On a Friday night, this is what I saw...

A couple teams, about 1/4 of them if that, had 3 storms on the team... Not most, not a majority, not even a lot.

Now, here is what else I know... Most people that PvP, train ice to tower shield, meaning they all have a 70% storm shield. I even seen some with 80% storm shields. People were stacking storm shields left and right.

Now, If almost everyone has storm shields, what do you expect storm to do? Sit there and let you kill them? Cause that sounds like what you are asking for...

Now that chain stuns are no longer possible in PvP, storm has to keep hitting in order to do damage after they attack, espeically with everyone spamming storm shields...

Now, if they use insane bolt, it will pass storm shields, but may kill the caster...

Now, if they use Wild Bolt, it will take out the storm shields, at the cost of only 2 pips, but may not do any damage at all, even with gargantuan and critical, especially with those shields...

So, now you want to nerf Tempest, because it can kill you... Hmmm!!!!

How about you give storm a good alternative rather than trying to make sure you can never lose to storm?

Mind you, if you play 2v2 or even 3v3, this is not as much of a problem as it could be in 4v4, however, every school can mass attack in the same school... except for life and death...

Tempest, Meteor, Blizzard, Froggy, Sand Storm... Now, no, they can't attack with them on 1, 2, or even 3 pips, grant you that, however, the only major shield that seems to be spammed is the fire/storm shield...

Now, this might hinder fire, but as fire has Dragon, fire elf, and other DOT's, I don't consider them hindered at all... Storm is a school that does not have a DOT spell to use easily and constantly...

So, like I said, if you cant come up with a good solution, and you cant beat them, don't fight the battle... You are chosing to team up, so be ready for everything...