Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is frustrating and needs to be fixed...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
So here's the deal-io. I am trying to get a Regal Dragon Statue to help my snapdragons grow faster. I have two bosses in DS that drop this particular item. I battle one boss over 10 times and no statue. I then battle the other boss 8 times and no statue. On the 9th time I am battling a friend of mine jumps in to the battle (I think you know where this is going). At the end of the battle he gets the Regal Dragon Statue and I don't. Not really happy at this point.

So being a good friend he helps me further by the both of us going to the Bazaar and he will sell it and I will buy it. Now there are wizards who park themselves at the Bazaar for hours waiting for an item to appear. I don't know if it was not available or if someone snatched it at the moment he sold it, but needless to say it was not available for me to purchase it.

There are so many things wrong on so many levels with this scenario. KI, this does not make me want to continue battling specific bosses to get an item. It makes want to take this game and kick it around the room a few times and cancel my subscription. I don't know if you make it that all wizards in a battle receive the same drops or make it that items sold in the Bazaar are only available in that realm for the first 5 minutes and then are available in all realms after that. Or maybe you allow trades between friends somehow. I don't know what the solution is but I can tell you that as wizards gain in levels and need certain items for certain tasks, your current set up is extremely frustrating and will eventually cause subscriptions to cancel. Why would someone cancel a subscription for a small part in a game? Because the frustration is enormous and it falls under the "I'm mad as you know what and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Wolf Silverblade
Legendary Pyromancer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
All drops are random and luck. I have bad luck. I quit counting at 22+ battles for one piece of my Death Grand Gear. I still don't have it. It is No Auction so the only way to get it is farm. It is frustrating at times. But, oh how sweet it is when you finally get that ever so wanted item. I would advise you to keep plugging away.

The Bazaar is available to every wizard regardless of realm. I suspect someone snatched it up before you even had the chance. It is best to try and do those sell to a friend things late in the evening or early in the morning. Less people mean a better chance of getting it.

I look at those challenges as a lesson in patience.

Megan

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
pyelverton wrote:
So here's the deal-io. I am trying to get a Regal Dragon Statue to help my snapdragons grow faster. I have two bosses in DS that drop this particular item. I battle one boss over 10 times and no statue. I then battle the other boss 8 times and no statue. On the 9th time I am battling a friend of mine jumps in to the battle (I think you know where this is going). At the end of the battle he gets the Regal Dragon Statue and I don't. Not really happy at this point.

So being a good friend he helps me further by the both of us going to the Bazaar and he will sell it and I will buy it. Now there are wizards who park themselves at the Bazaar for hours waiting for an item to appear. I don't know if it was not available or if someone snatched it at the moment he sold it, but needless to say it was not available for me to purchase it.

There are so many things wrong on so many levels with this scenario. KI, this does not make me want to continue battling specific bosses to get an item. It makes want to take this game and kick it around the room a few times and cancel my subscription. I don't know if you make it that all wizards in a battle receive the same drops or make it that items sold in the Bazaar are only available in that realm for the first 5 minutes and then are available in all realms after that. Or maybe you allow trades between friends somehow. I don't know what the solution is but I can tell you that as wizards gain in levels and need certain items for certain tasks, your current set up is extremely frustrating and will eventually cause subscriptions to cancel. Why would someone cancel a subscription for a small part in a game? Because the frustration is enormous and it falls under the "I'm mad as you know what and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Wolf Silverblade
Legendary Pyromancer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

KI has stated repeatedly they WILL NOT allow anything other than Treasure Cards to be traded between accounts. They do this to prevent people from being scammed out.

You stated you were fighting 2 bosses for this statue. What bosses where you fighting? Unless something changed, Kraysys is the only boss that drops that statue.

Did your friend say he sold it for you to buy? Because the last I heard that statue is NO AUCTION. I would bet if you go to your friends house, you will see that statue being proudly displayed.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Thanks Megan and Hannah for your comments. Regarding the other boss that drops Regal Dragon Statue, I had read that Giant Homonculus in the Drake Hatchery drops this item as well.

I really believe KI needs to evaluate some of it's gameplaying as challenging or a waste of time. When a friend of mine and I were trying to get the Spiral Key from Gloomthorn (?) quest, that was challenging because the bosses cheated a lot and you need to have a strategy to win, which still doesn't work all the time. But at least there is some thought and teamwork involved to beat that boss. And I would give props to KI for Waterworks because that is challenging as well.

Not to sound arrogant, but I can beat Krasys or Giant Homonculus with my eyes closed. So to have to beat them 20 + times for one item is a waste of time and I would say a bad design much more than an exercise of patience. Does KI really think I have all day to just play this game? And if I fight them over several days, doesn't that lessen my percentage of getting the item as I am back to square one each day I start?

If KI would program the dropped items to include at least one Gear item and one Housing item each time you defeat Krasys, then you would not have to battle him a bazillion times to get it. I don't understand why they couldn't do this for all bosses that drop items that help in gardening or crafting.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
pyelverton wrote:
Thanks Megan and Hannah for your comments. Regarding the other boss that drops Regal Dragon Statue, I had read that Giant Homonculus in the Drake Hatchery drops this item as well.

I really believe KI needs to evaluate some of it's gameplaying as challenging or a waste of time. When a friend of mine and I were trying to get the Spiral Key from Gloomthorn (?) quest, that was challenging because the bosses cheated a lot and you need to have a strategy to win, which still doesn't work all the time. But at least there is some thought and teamwork involved to beat that boss. And I would give props to KI for Waterworks because that is challenging as well.

Not to sound arrogant, but I can beat Krasys or Giant Homonculus with my eyes closed. So to have to beat them 20 + times for one item is a waste of time and I would say a bad design much more than an exercise of patience. Does KI really think I have all day to just play this game? And if I fight them over several days, doesn't that lessen my percentage of getting the item as I am back to square one each day I start?

If KI would program the dropped items to include at least one Gear item and one Housing item each time you defeat Krasys, then you would not have to battle him a bazillion times to get it. I don't understand why they couldn't do this for all bosses that drop items that help in gardening or crafting.
Yeah i hate having to pull this card all the time, but i sometimes have to as example, so here i go again. Once several months ago in MS I was farming Oyotomi the Defiler for "Defiler's Helm of Anticipation". My friend helped and within a few hours of farming OtD he got the no auction item i needed, while i spent the next 10 full days farming him for it and it now wasn't worth it because I'm now lvl 60 where we have the sick CL and WT gear.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
pyelverton wrote:

no, you are not back to square one. each time you fight a boss, it rolls the random number generator to decide what items you will get. The only thing we can hope KingsIsle will do, now that they removed the Limit 1 on Statues, is to raise the drop rate of statues.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
You can't force a drop from a boss. I have fought Crazy Forest Spirit at least 70 times and I have yet to get the Crabling. I have fought Kraysys upwards of 30 times and I never got my Grandmaster hat. Just keep at it, you never know when he will drop it. Just don't do the sell at bazaar trick. What gets sold in one realm shows up in *every* realm, meaning that just because the bazaar in your realm is empty except for you and your friends, doesn't guarantee the success of your plan.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
And don't you think this is a little ridiculous? I admire your guys' persistence, but I am not going to battle Kraysys 70 times (or some whacked out number) to get a statue that helps my snapdragons grow 25% faster. I'm not doing that for any boss or any dropped item because if you really look at it, the benefit you get from that item is not anywhere near the effort you have to put in to get it. That's like me walking to the store that normally takes 15 minutes, but I walk a route that takes me two hours because it provides 25% more shade. I mean C'mon KI. Really?

Wolf Silverblade
Legendary Pyromancer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
pyelverton wrote:
And don't you think this is a little ridiculous? I admire your guys' persistence, but I am not going to battle Kraysys 70 times (or some whacked out number) to get a statue that helps my snapdragons grow 25% faster. I'm not doing that for any boss or any dropped item because if you really look at it, the benefit you get from that item is not anywhere near the effort you have to put in to get it. That's like me walking to the store that normally takes 15 minutes, but I walk a route that takes me two hours because it provides 25% more shade. I mean C'mon KI. Really?

Wolf Silverblade
Legendary Pyromancer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

Is the purpose to enjoy the walk or go to the store?

Same thing here with boss drops. The chance at getting the statue is part of the game. In Vegas, lots of players try to "make money," but you are "charged" for playing the game. If you leave with less money than you started, then was it a total waste or bad luck with the game?

I'm sure there are at least ten players who got that statue the very first time beating Kraysys. I'm sure there is some rare item than you received over the course of the Spiral that you got without farming, but since it is not valuable to you, it is unoticeable. I'm not saying you should enjoy fighting Kraysys 70 times or to keep on trying. Your right, at some point it is just not worth it. The choice is, "is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Because your heart is set on this statue, the amount of times you don't get it screams volumes over all the rare items you have received. This is why the Crowns shop was created (buy now, never farm later), but unfortunately it is not carrying an equivilant to your desired statue so I understand why the frustration is occuring.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I went and farmed Kraysys after reading your post,just to test him,and he dropped it on my 4th try. Nice statue,I can see why you want it. :-)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
I went and farmed Kraysys after reading your post,just to test him,and he dropped it on my 4th try. Nice statue,I can see why you want it. :-)

lolz... :) These are the types of replies that keep me coming back...

And to the rest of the thread:
I hear ya' on the frustration of trying to farm statues and I have been through it. I collected every one except the headmaster statue and can't tell you how many times I fought for each one but I know I battled Karuvian Scargiver over 60 times to get the Minotaur statue.
The true irony is that my son got the Minotaur statue on like his 5th battle while he was helping me one day...

There are good arguments for and against making the drops easier but I have accepted the fact that the items in question are rare and require dedicated effort to collect. If you want them bad enough you have to do the farming... Consider this:

The items are intended to be rare
The items are for the most part optional.
KI does not post a list of "collectable items" and where to obtain them.
The fact that someone else (another player) compiled a list and told you where to finds them is a huge help to begin with or you would not even know about most of them or how to obtain them.

Think of how I feel about all the hours I spent collecting Grandmaster gear for multiple wizards, and then the Celestia update made the gear all but obsolete... yeah... I know right?

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
All drops are random and luck. I have bad luck. I quit counting at 22+ battles for one piece of my Death Grand Gear. I still don't have it. It is No Auction so the only way to get it is farm. It is frustrating at times. But, oh how sweet it is when you finally get that ever so wanted item. I would advise you to keep plugging away.

The Bazaar is available to every wizard regardless of realm. I suspect someone snatched it up before you even had the chance. It is best to try and do those sell to a friend things late in the evening or early in the morning. Less people mean a better chance of getting it.

I look at those challenges as a lesson in patience.

Megan

my friend and i were just talking about the stormdrain being the new malistaire, i commented on the times we went to malistaire to get our robes and how each day we went to fight and took others there.
i sold pages of robes for other schools just the other day, saying it was fun trying to get those robes. almost a year went by before she got her school robe, but we went and had fun fighting.
take a friend with you while you are farming, they could use the gold and drops and experience, just as much as you. and have fun fighting too!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I appreciate everyone's comments and based on what some of you had to say, I have another question for you:

What level wizard were you when you had to fight an extreme amount of battles with a boss to get an item? I'm talking the wizards who battled 20 + more times to get an item. And Pyrsik (thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds - lol) what level were you when you got it on the 4th time?

I would be very interested to hear your responses.

Wolf Silverblade
Legendary Pyromancer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
pyelverton wrote:
And Pyrsik (thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds - lol) what level were you when you got it on the 4th time?

I got the statue with my legendary diviner. Also, if it makes you feel better,when i was farming for the Wraith statue with my necro,it took me a whopping 73 times. Hang in there. :D

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

What level wizard were you when you had to fight an extreme amount of battles with a boss to get an item? I'm talking the wizards who battled 20 + more times to get an item. And Pyrsik (thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds - lol) what level were you when you got it on the 4th time?

I would be very interested to hear your responses.

I don't think level has anything to do with it. Sadly, it is purely statistical chance.

Me, I love the Unicorn statue. Unbeknownst to me, my very first wizard won this statue in her first and only battle with Lady Blackhope. Then, purely by chance, my second wizard did too!

Since then, not one of my other wizards has won it ... except for my Life wizard. And the only reason my Life wizard won the statue was because I really thought a Life wizard ought to have a Unicorn statue. So, I farmed Lady Blackhope 5 times a day, every day, for about a month. (So, 5 x 30 = 150 battles!) She was about level 45 when she finally won the statue.

But, my other wizards who were lucky both won it after their first time battling Lady Blackhope, around level 5 or 6.

Two cases of incredibly good luck, followed by no luck for most of my other wizards. I've fought Lady Blackhope about 30 times on another of my wizards (Balance) and so far there's been no luck in getting the Unicorn statue. It really is a hard one to get, just like all the others.

I know the amount of difficulty in defeating Lady Blackhope pales in comparison to how hard the Dragonspyre bosses and dungeons are. On the other hand, the gear drops that you get from Dragonspyre at least help you earn plenty of money (whereas the drops from Unicorn Way are all but worthless).

For me, I ended up much less frustrated by just limiting myself to no more than X number of attempts each day. Then come back tomorrow and try again. Eventually, it will happen and you'll win your heart's desire.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I bought an ample supply of the new Dragon Booster packs today,and of all things in two of them were the regal dragon statue you have been searching for! It might be another option for you if you buy boosters. I just wanted to let you know. :D

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
pyelverton wrote:

Wolf Silverblade
Legendary Pyromancer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

honestly i dont see why you would want it to grow any faster than it already does. it seems to grow pretty fast for me. i only had one for up to a day or three days. OOH! but if you want it to grow really fast, put a dandelion, fly trap, gnome, and a statue, then see how fast it grows. and if you get lucky, one of the plants will also gain a pixie, another like for the snap dragon. so virtually, you might only have it for a hour. GOOD LUCK!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
umm just to let you know i think that bieng in a perfect realm would help because i got my myth sprite on like my 1st or 2nd try so try it in an perfect realm :)

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
well i have had to farm for things before but have never needed to do it over 70 time things drop easily for me but sometimes they do take a while i'm more worried that the drop mechanic only drops one thing some times when it should drop many like for instance who here has ever farmed only to get a pet snack and nothing else or even nothing at all.