Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blocking Earthquake.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Just an idea of something that I would like to see added.
I would like to see a spell that would allow you to block Earthquakes removal of one Blade or Shield. It would act like a Treasure card or it could even be a Treasure card. You take the new Spell card (let me call in anti-quake) and place it on the Blade or Shield, and then cast it. If Earthquake is used by the PvE or in PvP, that Blade or Shield cannot be removed and stays in place.

Why is this needed, because certain schools can only be effective if they can boost low or weak spells. Ice is a perfect example, it cannot do any real damage like Fire, Death or Storm, unless it can Boost up with multiple Blades.
Since Earthquake is now available to everyone, Ice can no longer win in PvP at all or very seldom. This seems very unfair, and Ithink this spell really needs to be added to the game.

Joseph LionHunter.
Level 60 Ice,
Level 60 Balance
Level 50 Storm.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I think cloak does that, i'm not sure if earth gets rid of it, but look into that I'm not sure but thats what cloak does. And if it gets to the point you can always train in myth dispel

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
I would like to see a spell that would allow you to block Earthquakes removal of one Blade or Shield. It would act like a Treasure card or it could even be a Treasure card. You take the new Spell card (let me call in anti-quake) and place it on the Blade or Shield, and then cast it. If Earthquake is used by the PvE or in PvP, that Blade or Shield cannot be removed and stays in place.

Why is this needed, because certain schools can only be effective if they can boost low or weak spells. Ice is a perfect example, it cannot do any real damage like Fire, Death or Storm, unless it can Boost up with multiple Blades.
Since Earthquake is now available to everyone, Ice can no longer win in PvP at all or very seldom. This seems very unfair, and Ithink this spell really needs to be added to the game.

Joseph LionHunter.
Level 60 Ice,
Level 60 Balance
Level 50 Storm.

Dont tell me you are taking away myths talents! we already have our talents on a lifeline so pls dont destroy it! thank you

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Ice can no longer win in PvP at all or very seldom.
Joseph LionHunter.
Level 60 Ice

You must be joking,

Firstly ice always wins in PvP they are far too overpowered and there is no way of stopping them.
Secondly Earthquake is only available if spend 9 training points and if you have a myth mastery amulet. (which no one does)
And thirdly I don't think i have ever see someone use earthquake just to remove blades. It is SIX pips.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

Joseph LionHunter.
Level 60 Ice,
Level 60 Balance
Level 50 Storm.

I disagree. The game isn't meant for only PvP and this blocking spell would be a huge disadvantage for Myth in PvE battles. FYI, earthquake has always been available to everyone as a treasure card.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Can you block an Earthquake in real life? No, you prepare for them. Always be ready.

Also, there is the new shatter spell, block that.

I am all for ice and know what it takes, however, to stop myth from what it is known for, would seriously handicap that school. That is myths main focal point besides minions and to me, minions are useless, they never do what you want them to do!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Use a myth dispel, don't blade and enchant your cards with monstrous or gargantuan and use field bubbles like the ice bubble. Hold off on a blade until right before you attack. At six pips, earthquake has a lot more disadvantages and is a very situational spell. Its our only six pip attack and already has the bad side effects of removing weakness, infection and dispels from opponents. Not only is it our only six pip attack aside from the noble humungofrog which is a one shot deal with the level 58 pet, it has a weak base hit of 310 damage.

Last thing earthquake needs is another way to get around it.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
Just an idea of something that I would like to see added. I would like to see a spell that would allow you to block Earthquakes removal of one Blade or Shield. It would act like a Treasure card or it could even be a Treasure card. You take the new Spell card (let me call in anti-quake) and place it on the Blade or Shield, and then cast it. If Earthquake is used by the PvE or in PvP, that Blade or Shield cannot be removed and stays in place. Why is this needed, because certain schools can only be effective if they can boost low or weak spells. Ice is a perfect example, it cannot do any real damage like Fire, Death or Storm, unless it can Boost up with multiple Blades. Since Earthquake is now available to everyone, Ice can no longer win in PvP at all or very seldom.
all schools benefit just as much from blades as ice does, especially with multi attack spells. and from what i read, ice has no problems in PVP. however, that being said, i do support this idea, but it should be like a sun spell sold by diego, like the cloak spells are, and be available to all schools as an option to train. until then, though, there are myth dispels. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
rupertjames wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Ice can no longer win in PvP at all or very seldom.
Joseph LionHunter.
Level 60 Ice

You must be joking,

Firstly ice always wins in PvP they are far too overpowered and there is no way of stopping them.
Secondly Earthquake is only available if spend 9 training points and if you have a myth mastery amulet. (which no one does)
And thirdly I don't think i have ever see someone use earthquake just to remove blades. It is SIX pips.

Not that I am defending Joseph's stand at all, but I did want to correct some of these statements.

Firstly, Ice does not Always win in PvP and they are not OverPowered and can be stopped!
Secondly, Earthquake is available easily at the bazaar as a treasure card, so no training points would be required. You also point out that nobody has a myth mastery amulet? They are now drops and yes, they are around!
And Thirdly, you may not have ever seen someone use earthquake just to remove blades, but it does not mean it does not happen. Earthquake is 6 or SIX as you say, pips, but with the myth mastery amulet, or being myth, it is only a 3 power pip spell!

Thank you