Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Camera angles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
Ok, this may seem silly, but i think the game would be way more involving if you had the option to put the camera lower, like, closer to the head camera (or even a first person camera, why not?)

There's a whole lot of art and details in the graphics that you don't get to really aprecciate coz the camera is always pointing downwards.

Anyway, i think it wouldn't be that hard to do and it would improve the experience greatly.

(sorry for any spelling mistakes, english is not my first language)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
+1
Sometimes in battle I can't see the damage done because the angle is zoomed in and too low. Also some spells, like with Blizzard and the block of ice in the foreground, the view is frequently obstructed by an object in the animation.
It would be cool to have some different camera views.
I sometimes wish I could pan around and see what is going on outside the battle too.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
tyteren wrote:
Ok, this may seem silly, but i think the game would be way more involving if you had the option to put the camera lower, like, closer to the head camera (or even a first person camera, why not?) There's a whole lot of art and details in the graphics that you don't get to really aprecciate coz the camera is always pointing downwards.
you can change camera angles and look around if you right click on your mouse and move it around, or if you left click and move the mouse around. your character moves if you hold both buttons down. also, if your mouse has one of those scrolling things in between the buttons, you can move the camera closer to, or farther from, your character. there's no first person view, however. hope this helps! -etherchaos

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
tyteren wrote:
Ok, this may seem silly, but i think the game would be way more involving if you had the option to put the camera lower, like, closer to the head camera (or even a first person camera, why not?) There's a whole lot of art and details in the graphics that you don't get to really aprecciate coz the camera is always pointing downwards.
you can change camera angles and look around if you right click on your mouse and move it around, or if you left click and move the mouse around. your character moves if you hold both buttons down. also, if your mouse has one of those scrolling things in between the buttons, you can move the camera closer to, or farther from, your character. there's no first person view, however. hope this helps! -etherchaos

You can? Thanks for saying.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
yeah, you can, but not in battle

anyway, what i meant was to have the option to lock the camera lower, like scrolling with the mousewheel, sometimes i go around the game with both mouse buttons pushed, and the feeling of proportion and size is completely awesome, but it's tiresome to play all the game with both mouse buttons pressed, so i do it very rarely.

i thought it could be possible to move the characters around with the arrowkeys or wasd and still have the camera parallel to the ground, or something like that

i hope the idea is clearer

sorry for reposting