Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warhorns and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, My family went to the zoo yesterday. The smallest kid saw the rhinos and said, "Look, Warhorns!" I noticed a great stand of bamboo and thought, "Looks like Mooshu". We saw a tiger and the smallest kid said, "Look, there's your mount!" As I contemplated the bear asleep in a tree, I thought about Moira's Grizzleheim boots, the ones with bear paws on the feet. Oh, and I could swear I saw a small patch of black lotus near the Red Pandas.

Oh my, the magic is leaking.

qbb

Administrator
That's great queenlybluebean! I've stickied this so others can tell us about things they've seen in the real world that remind them of the Spiral!

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
That's great queenlybluebean! I've stickied this so others can tell us about things they've seen in the real world that remind them of the Spiral!

Thanks Prof. Greyrose. I feel honored :)

qbb

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Oh, and I could swear I saw a small patch of black lotus near the Red Pandas.
you know that black lotuses aren't real, right? have you posted on the 'ways to know you've been playing too much wizard101' post recently? :) -eli and crew

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
LOL. I too often see small things that remind me of the game.

While walking to my car after work, i seen a stone block, that looked exactly like the ones in game. Considering this was around the time Stone Blocks were scarce, I had to stop myself from picking it up.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
etherchaos wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Oh, and I could swear I saw a small patch of black lotus near the Red Pandas.
you know that black lotuses aren't real, right? have you posted on the 'ways to know you've been playing too much wizard101' post recently? :) -eli and crew

Yes, eli, I am aware that black lotuses are mythical, as are warhorns and ridable tigers :) My son started this string of observations and we made a game out of it as we walked through the zoo.

That doesn't mean that we play Wizard too much, it's just an example of the marvelously imaginative mind of a child, and illustrative of how Wizard 101 magic spills over into the real world sometimes :)

qbb

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
colagada wrote:
One of my co-workers looks a lot like Baldur Goldpaws.

Oh my! Hope he doesn't read that! Yeah, nice post queenlybluebeen.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
LOL, My family went to the zoo yesterday. The smallest kid saw the rhinos and said, "Look, Warhorns!" I noticed a great stand of bamboo and thought, "Looks like Mooshu". We saw a tiger and the smallest kid said, "Look, there's your mount!" As I contemplated the bear asleep in a tree, I thought about Moira's Grizzleheim boots, the ones with bear paws on the feet. Oh, and I could swear I saw a small patch of black lotus near the Red Pandas.

Oh my, the magic is leaking.

qbb

Hmm. My dog in real life. I accidentally called him a Storm Hound yesterday.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Zarathax in Dragonspyre. Yep, I work with a guy just like him. He walks a bit stooped over, hisses a bit in his speech sometimes, promises to help you out, yet in the end does everything he can to do you in! Yeah, he reminds me a lot of Zarathax.

On a brighter side, somethings in my world have been unalterably changed. I never... ever... see an elephant ear plant anymore. They automatically come up as helephant ears in my brain. I just keep wondering why they aren't red. And when ever I see snap dragons, I catch myself looking to see if they have small forked tongues flicking in and out. When they don't, I want to say poor things.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Yes, eli, I am aware that black lotuses are mythical, as are warhorns and ridable tigers :) My son started this string of observations and we made a game out of it as we walked through the zoo. That doesn't mean that we play Wizard too much, it's just an example of the marvelously imaginative mind of a child, and illustrative of how Wizard 101 magic spills over into the real world sometimes :) qbb
wait, warhorns aren't real, either? :( -eli and disappointed crew

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, maybe they are real...

Who's to say what's real and what's imaginary in these days of digital wizardry?

qbb

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Gasp! Warhorns are not real? Noooooooooo, this is the end!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I was walking our field last night with my husband. We were commenting on the positive changes taking place there (weed vs pasture grass). I started talking about the Prickly Pear Cactus that used be in the field. I caught myself as I was ready to talk about the Prickly BEAR Cactus. I burst out laughing and my husband thought I lost it.

Megan

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Aritako wrote:
(snip) And when ever I see snap dragons, I catch myself looking to see if they have small forked tongues flicking in and out. When they don't, I want to say poor things.

LOL, just like in game, you don't (or can't) say poor things!

Hehe, I would love to grow a pink dandelion that produces a black pearl IRL.

Other magical leakage IRL:

The view from my patio IRL is very similar to Scarlet's in Mooshu.

My office IRL looks remarkably like the crafting rooms in my wizards' houses.

I think one of my colleagues just might be related to Professor Balestrom in size if not in temperament.

The fountain pond in our neighborhood reminds me of the pond in Jade palace, complete with cattails.

Happy Weekend,

Moira/Scarlet/Iridian

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
One time I saw a very large rainbow and I thought "Is that the way to GrizzleHiem?". I started walking towards it and I stopped myself. Next thing I did was log on to Wizard101 and spent about 5 minutes in grizzehiem. Weird Wizard101 moment

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
I was Walking in town at night the other day. News papers and bags were flying in the air, some shops had thier lights on. I was like, LOL , did I take the way to marlybone. And the funny thing is, I acually heard the music from some guys window. It was a nice, creepy and cool.

Hunter WildHorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
amiramir321 wrote:
I was Walking in town at night the other day. News papers and bags were flying in the air, some shops had thier lights on. I was like, LOL , did I take the way to marlybone. And the funny thing is, I acually heard the music from some guys window. It was a nice, creepy and cool.

Hunter WildHorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Hm, sure you're not imagining? I just had that same thing today. Except for the music, XD.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
I was watching my uncles cows and i couldve swore one of the girl cows was moolinda woo O. o.

and then the monkies i looked at online reminded me of malistare (when i saw the first W101 commercial too me malistare looked like a monkey

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
once when i went to thethis place they were taking about crafts and i swear i thought i saw a gear craft thats looked that a staff i had on wizard101