Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
kingurz wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
first turn elemental shield on itself
second turn sprite itself with full health
third turn taunt all enemies, and start the cycle over and over again until it dies

Exactly, that's what it is suppose to do.

How you interact with your minion is more important, than what your minion actually casts.

I understand more now. How it may be bad it can be very useful in various situations

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Resistance has always been a staple in successful player vs. player matches. In the ice school, the excessive amount of defense toward fire and storm players is to an extent in which one who is less skillful, but using ice, will always win against the schools listed above. I understand that defense is the center of ice fighting style, but the new gear is that gives a universal defense on top of elemental defense is unsurmountable. Please reconsider the construction of these items KingIsle. I love Wizard101 and am attracted to the pvp section. Please make it more fair by remedying the situation outlined above. Thank you for your consideration.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
necromancer19 wrote:
Resistance has always been a staple in successful player vs. player matches. In the ice school, the excessive amount of defense toward fire and storm players is to an extent in which one who is less skillful, but using ice, will always win against the schools listed above. I understand that defense is the center of ice fighting style, but the new gear is that gives a universal defense on top of elemental defense is unsurmountable. Please reconsider the construction of these items KingIsle. I love Wizard101 and am attracted to the pvp section. Please make it more fair by remedying the situation outlined above. Thank you for your consideration.

Ice has never been overpowered, and the resist to Fire and Storm wizards that have good strategy would be 0%. Why? First, is there not a convert? Second, is there not a convert combo to always get around shields? Is there also not Fire and Storm spears, and also Infallible, and as well as Unstoppable? Already, with Infallible, spears, and Unstoppable, you'd be taking out 45% resist. If you have the 6% tri-spears, you'd be taking out 51% resist. Also, with a convert, you'd only be hitting 28-42% resist, making you hit a boost on the Ice wizard. There's no problem with fighting an Ice wizard, just takes a little work.

You said you're attracted to pvp, right? Then you should be skilled, so get your deck to action!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
necromancer19 wrote:

Have you looked at the new pierce abilities? It's actually very possible to pierce most of ice's defeces easily. Try this stragety out first.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
i am a lv 80 fire wizard but i still use tower shields. I mean you don't see them going around telling people to stop using blades. Shields are survival. Ice don't attack well so if there is no more shields then ice is just useless. And even if they have high health, without shields a simple efreet with couple blades or traps will destroy them.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
sugarbear114 wrote:
Think of the storm the most powerful school and ice the most highest health school

Ice can simply put 5 tower shields into his deck if he is level 60 so there he can use many tower shields WHILE there blades are giving them lots of power the storm wizard at level 60 has a shield for fire and ice but its more difficult because the ice has snow angel plus they can simply power up easily and use there wooly mammoth at level 70 this is not good the tower shield is ruining it for the storm wizards so is there resistance plus there spells such as frost giant stun but do low damage at the same time that card is so effective when it criticals simply the storm wizards are powerful and can pwn the ice but not possible with there resistance about 65% and the tower shield making the resistance 80% so then the critical for the leviathan or storm lord will only help it up to 50% while that 20% goes to the ice that 20% should be for the storm

Your just jealous of Thaumaturges (ice wizard). Face it, we are better!

Elizabeth Winterthief
Level 26
Thaumaturge

Your reply doesn't help at all. It will just start a fight about who is better.
Now i faced a lot of ice wizards and win most of the time since all they do is shield then blade then shield then blade then attack. i can hit one million with efreet, so i can take them down. But then some ice wizards save up pips then use the shield which takes all their pips but gives them a crazy absorb. Now those battles i lose. Same with other schools. You just gotta get use to it- Daniel Ashflame lv 80 fire wizard

Survivor
Jan 17, 2012
actually ice isnt really that good untill you get to a high level right just like all the other ones although you think ice is all high and powerful its not it takes a while to get all the spells yall are talking about so dont be complaining about ice

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I dont feel criticals should be added into these equations. If you are against a decent ice which is overpowered as this thread states, how won't the ice have 100+ block? If your block is 80+ you pretty much block every critical, except the very rare time when one gets through. And Storm don't critical that much anyway, not enough .

Fighting a well balanced ice is certainly tough for storm, how ever its not impossible. As others have stated there's many ways a storm can get through ice's resist, for storm and fire, which is getting pretty ridiculous these days, (I've started seeing 100+ % resist for those schools ) converts, infallable, and so on. Still ice tends to put a lot of heals in deck, I've mistaken to many ice for life. For other schools against ice, not as hard as it is for storm and fire. I feel life is the best to combat ice. Life has moderately good health, and its able to heal multiple times, contributing to the fact a well powered gnome with pierce and all that could hit kill most ice in one hit.

But still I completely agree with this thread, ice is getting as tough to kill as a cockroach.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
aaroncupcake1 wrote:
Okay let me put it this way. It comes down to how the person uses it. Ice is high resist and high HP and we plan to use it to our advantage. Storm has high damage spells. We put our towers down in order to hinder you. See, thats putting your magic to good use. Now, lets stop crying and use your magic to your advantage.

Aaron WinterRiver
Transcended Thaumaturge

Regardless of if you tower or not the levy, storm lord, efreet will still be doing below 1k which is VERY wrong, Ice has so much health they shouldnt need 80% resists to fire and storm, I had a ice but I deleted him because i realized how crazly overpowered ice has become
John OwlRider
~Transcended Pyromancer~

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
sugarbear114 wrote:
Think of the storm the most powerful school and ice the most highest health school

Ice can simply put 5 tower shields into his deck if he is level 60 so there he can use many tower shields WHILE there blades are giving them lots of power the storm wizard at level 60 has a shield for fire and ice but its more difficult because the ice has snow angel plus they can simply power up easily and use there wooly mammoth at level 70 this is not good the tower shield is ruining it for the storm wizards so is there resistance plus there spells such as frost giant stun but do low damage at the same time that card is so effective when it criticals simply the storm wizards are powerful and can pwn the ice but not possible with there resistance about 65% and the tower shield making the resistance 80% so then the critical for the leviathan or storm lord will only help it up to 50% while that 20% goes to the ice that 20% should be for the storm

Elizabeth Winterthief
Level 26
Thaumaturge

In truth, in some ways you aren't. Us Storm wizards can deal large amounts of damage with the correct cards, and it doesn't take too long for that to happen. (Just today I scored nearly 12500 with one hit. :D ) If you think Ice is the best, look at other school's strengths then back at yourself. It's a little humbling.

Not being mean, just defending my school here.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
4cm9y wrote:
peachesdude wrote:

Are you storm wizard? Well you don't always win now. It's just a lesson. Ice is simply grasping what is rightfully theirs. Resist and health. Storm has strength. Life has healing etc. Simple as that. I'm a a transcended thaumaturge.

Ice may be a bit overpowered, but looking back on the game, one school has stood out from the rest. It seems to me thatyoujust have to wait your turn.
By every way ice is NOT immortal. If you can just destroy their health, it's hard for them to waste pips and gain health. Each school has an opposite, and that opposite is better than the other schools at defeating their opposite, or opposites. Storm vs myth or storm vs ice, et cetera. So the schools are fair, it's just harder depending on your school, and KI does tat for a reason.
Pvp IS still balanced,
William Deathhead, lvl 73 necromancer.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
JoshuaWilliam1 wrote:
This has got to be a joke thread. First, any wizard can train ice to get tower shield. Second, storm can bolt through tower shield pretty effectively. In fact, if ice just towers and storm just bolts, ice is dead in about five rounds.

Resists don't affect insane bolt either, and Ice can't blade if he's shielding.

Shatter blah blah blah.

I have about 175 ranked pvp matches under my belt as an ice wizard all at level 60+ (no one cares about lowbie pvp) and spamming tower shields will only beat noobs.

I notice your talking about STORM. What about the other schools?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
well, ice is a string school with lots of health and for a storm to Bea an ice depends on levels. In reality, ice doesn't get good until it learn minion and tower, once they reach that point they are pretty good, storm is a chance school, casting a spell is a chance it might no fizzle which they have low accuracy. They can't bolt through towers because meanwhile, ice is stackng up sields not carng cause their health isn't eve getting touched, but for storm to effectively beat a high level ice, they would need three spells, storm lord for damage and stun, and bolt for right after, and satyr to keep healing, once they have the necessities they can start, lets say they have gargantuan on storm lord :) ice can now get up to 84 storm resist, as my friend Anthony has at level 80, story can reach past that i damage so really there is np reason storm should complain about resist when they can boost over it, the only argument they should have is about tower, why don't they just shatter? or use wand spells and nce the ice is getting rdy for an attack, weakness. I am not sayi g how to beat ice, I am saying how to stay alive for a bit.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
This has got to be a joke. Why do you think there is a convert spell? Use convert and shatter etc etc...

Jasmine FireBlade lvl 76 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem lvl 70 thaumaturge

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I hear you.. I have fought many ice wizards who wont even shield me.. they blade a lot then mammoth.. I use volcanic and dream shields to have defense ( btw I suck at ice and death :1) I use towers and BAM they stole it :( I can blade a bit but.. the new avalon crafting gear gives them 70-80 storm and fire resist. You dont even know until your levy hits 600 with a blade and colossal -.- when they frozen armor.. I wanna flee SOOOOO bad. Sometimes they dont steal my shields :) they angel :( though storm never got a good over time spell and stormhound comes from an expensive pet or a horrible amulet and you cant enchant it!!!!!!! Forget about critical because almost all of them have critical block around 130-200!! Ice ranked me down.. :-(

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
i really dont like how people are always saying one school is more powerful than another. whats makes it powerful is how you use the spells in your own strategy. my favorite school is storm, my main character is storm, i dont like it because its more powerful, i like it because the style i play is great for the school. there is a way to counter every school and i dont believe any school is overpowering. feel free to think differently.

Garrett Goldpants, storm wizard

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Also, don't forget about DoT spells. They can knock those shields out one by one while the Fire wizard just prepares for a massive attack. So technically Ice has never been immortal. Sure they have massive health. But they can be chipped down one by one. In conclusion, Ice has never ever been impossible to kill.

~Jeremy ThunderVault Archmage Pyromancer Level 80

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Ok.....everyone STOP ARUGING. All the schools have it's strengths and weaknesses. Ice has a weakness of low accuracy rates, but then can protect themselves. Balance is strong and its weakness is that it can both fizzle and enemies in Krokotopia resist it(not to get off subject, I am just saying). Storm is SERIOUSLY strong but it has only a 70 percent accuracy rate( yes I know you get a plus 10 percent accuracy spell). Fire is strong and it can cast Fire elf which can deal damage over round but a 75 percent accuracy rate. Death is strong and can stop healing spells from being 100%. But it fizzles. Myth is strong with an 85% accuracy, but when you go into Cyclops lane the stuff there resist it. Life, which I personally think is the best, can heal other people and themself, have a high accuracy rate but low power.
P.S. I forgot to mention this but when you are in Firecat alley some the creatures resist fire and some Ice. Crab alley and Colossus Boulevard resist life.

Caitlyn Strongtalon, lvl 17 life.
Sestiva Wintertalon, lvl 10 myth
Taylor Dragonpetal, lvl 12 balance
Sabrina Irontalon, lvl 7 death
Samantha Goldtalon, lvl 9 fire
And I forgot my storm wizards name but its a lvl 9 :)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I agree with ice becoming immortal, especially with spud pets in pvp, the other day, I was pvping (ranked), when I came across a ice. He had 4800 health and 83 resist to fire. Unfortunately I was fire, and so, we went on for 3 FULL HOURS before I gave up, since I had to go, I let him just kill me. (You should of saw the audience, like 40 people)

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
That's kinda ridiculous I don't have the time to pvp that long. After an hour that is enough for me.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
sugarbear114 wrote:

Elizabeth Winterthief
Level 26
Thaumaturge

Look, ice is becoming overpowered. I mean with crafted stuff with Avalon, you can get 100 resist to fire AND storm. Also, you just further prove his point. All the schools are supposed to be equal. Not one rule them all.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
A lot of Ice wizards have been saying that their resist downgrades their other stats. Well that is a lie. I theoretically made an Archmage Ice with some gear to prove it. Here are his/her's stats.

Health: 5096
Damage: 32%
Global Resist: 31% + pet
Storm Resist: 59% +pet
Fire Resist: 70% + pet
Accuracy in Total: 88%
Critical: 154 (Ice Only)
Critical Block: 128 Global, 182 Ice
Power Pip Chance: 63% + pet
Heal Boost: 15% Outgoing, 4% Incoming.

Those are the overall stats.
The gear used in this:
Hat: Horned Helmet
Robe: Shivering Breath Robes
Boots: Blistering Breeze Footguards
Wand: Highland Walking Stick
Athame: Lexicon Blade
Amulet: Knight of the Wyrd's Pendant
Ring: Elissa's Chill Band
Pet: Starfish/etc.
The only downgraded stat I see is Power Pip Chance, which can be increase by a pet. All of this gear is crafted or farmable, so you do not have to spend any crowns to get any this.
Please state your opinions on this.

Thanks,
SPARX789

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Storm is way way WAY too overpowered anyway. You really cant complain when you have a spell that can one-hit anybody in the arena with just a couple blades (Sirens). Although Ice may have a slight advantage over you guys, you storm people can easily defeat anybody else out there with your overpowered spells.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
What, you forgot their massive universal resist? LOL.

I have to disagree with you, though, about their other stats. As a Balance wizard, even I have better stats than the ones you listed... and I'm in WW gear, from 20 levels ago. My incoming heal-boost is 50%, almost triple that of any Ice wizard, plus my 99% power-pip chance and 170 crit block.

Health and resistance are about all your average thaumaturge has, though it depends on whether the person you're facing has built an offensive or defensive character~ if you build damage, your defensive stats (healing, power pips, etc) will suffer, and vice versa.

I don't PvP... but, to quote one of my favourite posters, "would you like some cheese with that whine?" It's just like in PvE... if you don't know how to strategize, or tailor your strategy to suit the opponent, you /will/ fail.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
I am glad you would like to complain, however your ice is wearing the wrong gear to be overpowered. Try the avalon crafted gear, and see what changes.