Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Let me tell you all the reasons ice needs to be boosted, one for each school

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Balance: if anything, they need to be boosted. Way to easy :)

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

Life: nothing much to complain about here

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
How may I ask, should Ice be boosted?

Some of us Ice players have no problems on the battlefield. We also have DOT spells, the best resistance, highest health. We also get critical hit points.

Not sure what more you want, a cookie maybe?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Darthjt,

I can see the point he is making, and now that WinterTusk has been release I have started to see the results. Results that I question if KI looked at in detail. Yes, they needed to do something with Ice, as most average players don't know how to play PvP.

Here is my take on what is going on.....
Critical hit point for ice is normally around 90 percent, if you are lucky.
Not much compared to a lot of the players, like Myth, life and Fire (maybe even Death, not sure on that wizard).

Ice resistance is basically gone, if you want the new gear, you lose it.
Yes, you keep it for two other schools, but basically it gone.

DOT spells are almost useless now, you would be much better with a one big hit spell like, Fire, Myth, or Storm. Why, because of Triage (or the Cow's Pearl Amulet). As soon as Snow Angel is Fired, only the first small hit does damage, and then Triage removes the rest of the Damage.
DOT spells are now useless in PvP, with this new addition.

Add to that my ongoing whine on the Myth Amulet (you can no longer boost Snow Angel). and KI has made Snow Angel useless in PvP.

Plus add to the new spell of Ice, we get to Shield everyone in the group.
Or we get new armor that no one will use, imo, unless a friend is about to get taken out.
Fire on the other hand, gets three Hex they can throw on someone for Dragon or double genie (efreet) sp?.
Balance gets a great PvP spell, it can dispell Balance and Life at the same time in one spell. Stopping Reshuffle and Saytr in one spell casting.

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is that Ice was put on the short end of the stick in this release.

Imo, they have effectively taken Ice out of PVP, and have quieted all the complaints on Ice winning for good. Even though the Wizards are all balanced in Gear now, the spells and counter spells are not balanced.

Snow Angel, Fire's Dragon and Skeleton dragon are just three of the spells that come to mind, that are now useless in PvP. Did KI realize how weak they made these three spells or any DOT spell when they released the Myth Amulet and Triage?

Triage is great for the regular game, but has made DOT useless in PvP.
It's almost as if KI makes the spell for the game, and then looks at the after effect on PVP and says, "oh, we need to make a change, too many people are whinning".

As I stated in a different post, all spells should be designed for PVP, not for the rest of the game. If it works in PvP, it will work fine in the rest of the game.

Just my opinion (your counter?)
Joe.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Sometimes it is hard because i think ice is a more PvE school and isnt really highly recommended for 1v1s we tend to work best in like 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.
Insane bolt you know he had a chance of killing himself so its not all that bad and doesnt happen often. Heck Hound to be that good had to have some time to build that up you should have shielded during that time. Balance can
be tough sometimes because they critical like monsters but for the most part they easy. I dont see many myth around the arena anymore but usually i just let them quake and rebuild my blades and shields because they can quake all they want but quake isnt gonna be effective for actually beating the person. Death does have some cheap spells but you know half the death students dont know how use them right if you ask me. Life has triage so try to bring back the old habit of stealing shields and blasting with collosus.

Hope this helped

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Some of us Ice players have no problems on the battlefield. We also have DOT spells, the best resistance, highest health. We also get critical hit points.

Best resistance? These stats are from the legendary waterworks clothes:
Ice: 34%
Death: 28%
Life: 27%
Myth: 31%
Balance: 28%
Fire: 29%
Even storm has 26%

That's hardly any more than the other schools. As for our health, it's not all that much of an advantage when some schools can get rid of the difference in the first couple turns. For DOT spells, Death and Fire both have them. Death's do a lot more damage, and don't even get me started about heckhound... Critical hit points (again using legendary clothes):

Ice: 80
Death: 96
Life: 90
Myth: 99
Balance: 88
Fire: 114
Storm: 121

Does that seem like a good amount of critical chance to you?

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Sometimes it is hard because i think ice is a more PvE school and isnt really highly recommended for 1v1s we tend to work best in like 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.
Insane bolt you know he had a chance of killing himself so its not all that bad and doesnt happen often. Heck Hound to be that good had to have some time to build that up you should have shielded during that time. Balance can
be tough sometimes because they critical like monsters but for the most part they easy. I dont see many myth around the arena anymore but usually i just let them quake and rebuild my blades and shields because they can quake all they want but quake isnt gonna be effective for actually beating the person. Death does have some cheap spells but you know half the death students dont know how use them right if you ask me. Life has triage so try to bring back the old habit of stealing shields and blasting with collosus.

Hope this helped

Insane bolt has a 20% chance to kill its caster, which is obviously not enough, because I have only once ever seen someone killed by it. Fire isn't as simple as you are saying they are. The heckhound does I used in my example did 1000 WITH a -70 shield! Also, its not that easy to kill them, they can heal, and they also have -70 shields. Myth, of course earthquake is enough to kill! All they need to do is to keep spamming it, and eventually you die. As for death not knowing how to use their spells, you obviously aren't facing anyone past rank knight.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Dart i myself dont have any problems in arena but you have to remember not everyone is fortunate enough to have the warterworks gear sometimes it just doesnt drop for them or takes longer. So dont critcise people that are asking for help give them advice or something

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Hi Darthjt,

I can see the point he is making, and now that WinterTusk has been release I have started to see the results. Results that I question if KI looked at in detail. Yes, they needed to do something with Ice, as most average players don't know how to play PvP.

Not much compared to a lot of the players, like Myth, life and Fire (maybe even Death, not sure on that wizard).

Okay, first off, Critical hit points is not a percentage, it is a number of points out of 500. The gear gives Ice 80 points, add in your wand, Ice will have 110 critical hit points. Yes, Ice has the lowest critical hit chance out of all the schools, I agree on this!

Ice still has the highest global resistance in the game. Now, the hat has more global resistance as does the boots. The robe is the one that lowers the global resistance. So, if you don't mind losing almost 200 health and 17 critical hit points, you can have even more global resistance. However, in no way has Ice lost it's global resistance.

Now, I may agree, that it should not have been lowered, since all the schools got it and since Ice has the lowest accuracy given without adding in more pip chance and all the other schools get more damage than ice did.

DOT spells are almost useless now, you would be much better with a one big hit spell like, Fire, Myth, or Storm. Why, because of Triage (or the Cow's Pearl Amulet). As soon as Snow Angel is Fired, only the first small hit does damage, and then Triage removes the rest of the Damage.

DOT spells are far from useless, you just have to use them strategically. here is an example on how to get around triage. When casting a fully bladed Snow Angel, simply cast ice elf, fire elf, or frost bite immediately afterward. This way, if triage is used, it will remove that damage and not your boosted damage.

Add to that my ongoing whine on the Myth Amulet (you can no longer boost Snow Angel). and KI has made Snow Angel useless in PvP.

The Myth amulet works both ways my friend. You can dispel myth easier than they can cast that earthquake. Also, if they do, how likely is it they will have a myth wand to remove that dispel without losing pips?

Or we get new armor that no one will use, imo, unless a friend is about to get taken out.
Fire on the other hand, gets three Hex they can throw on someone for Dragon or double genie (efreet) sp?.
Balance gets a great PvP spell, it can dispell Balance and Life at the same time in one spell. Stopping Reshuffle and Saytr in one spell casting.

Balances Dispel costs 5 pips to use, so it is not as easy as you think. Also if they use Judgment pet, it is a one time deal and the dispels it gives are completely random!

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is that Ice was put on the short end of the stick in this release.

Now, I agree, Ice could/should not have lost any resistance with what all the other schools were given, but in no way has the update made Ice weak or vulnerable!

Imo, they have effectively taken Ice out of PVP, and have quieted all the complaints on Ice winning for good. Even though the Wizards are all balanced in Gear now, the spells and counter spells are not balanced.

In no way has Ice been taken out of PvP, just your old strategy has. There are ways to counter everything, you just have to figure out what they are and utilize them.

Snow Angel, Fire's Dragon and Skeleton dragon are just three of the spells that come to mind, that are now useless in PvP. Did KI realize how weak they made these three spells or any DOT spell when they released the Myth Amulet and Triage?

I already told you how to counter the myth amulet and the Triage spell, so no need to go over that again. Think of ways around your obstacle, that is the whole point of most of my posts.

It's almost as if KI makes the spell for the game, and then looks at the after effect on PVP and says, "oh, we need to make a change, too many people are whinning".

Like I said, there are ways around Triage and unless they see your spell coming, because you made it obvious, they will take initial damage and one round, plus if you cast another small DOT spell, triage will take that one instead of your boosted spell.

As I stated in a different post, all spells should be designed for PVP, not for the rest of the game. If it works in PvP, it will work fine in the rest of the game.

Joe.

This game is not all about PvP, and no, not all spells should be based on PVP. Frozen Armor actually works great in PvE, just not in PvP. Triage is Great in Both PvP and PvE, but you also have to know how to effectively work around it if you have DOT spells!

Okay your counter?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
alexmf2 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Even storm has 26%

Ice looks like it is given more than any other school to me. Also, what I suggested to others, the hat and boots give more or the same resistance, it is only the robe. So, if you are all about resistance, you can lose almost 200 health and 17 critical points and have more resistance than you did before. Your choice!

That's hardly any more than the other schools. As for our health, it's not all that much of an advantage when some schools can get rid of the difference in the first couple turns. For DOT spells, Death and Fire both have them. Death's do a lot more damage, and don't even get me started about heckhound... Critical hit points (again using legendary clothes):

Yes, Ice has the least amount of critical hit points, but also has the most Resistance and Health. Ice has low damage, but a few DOT spells. Ice has Ice Elf, Ice Wyvern (Pet), Frost Bite, and Snow Angel.

Ice also gets, tower shield, Ice Armor, Frozen Armor, legion shield, can buy or craft treasure tower shields, get pets with even more global resistance. Ice is far from outmatched and outclassed.

What I want to know, is what you suggest Ice being given?

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Hi Darthjt,

Okay, first off, Critical hit points is not a percentage, it is a number of points out of 500. The gear gives Ice 80 points, add in your wand, Ice will have 110 critical hit points. Yes, Ice has the lowest critical hit chance out of all the schools, I agree on this!

Ice still has the highest global resistance in the game. Now, the hat has more global resistance as does the boots. The robe is the one that lowers the global resistance. So, if you don't mind losing almost 200 health and 17 critical hit points, you can have even more global resistance. However, in no way has Ice lost it's global resistance.

Now, I may agree, that it should not have been lowered, since all the schools got it and since Ice has the lowest accuracy given without adding in more pip chance and all the other schools get more damage than ice did.

DOT spells are far from useless, you just have to use them strategically. here is an example on how to get around triage. When casting a fully bladed Snow Angel, simply cast ice elf, fire elf, or frost bite immediately afterward. This way, if triage is used, it will remove that damage and not your boosted damage.

The Myth amulet works both ways my friend. You can dispel myth easier than they can cast that earthquake. Also, if they do, how likely is it they will have a myth wand to remove that dispel without losing pips?

Balances Dispel costs 5 pips to use, so it is not as easy as you think. Also if they use Judgment pet, it is a one time deal and the dispels it gives are completely random!

Now, I agree, Ice could/should not have lost any resistance with what all the other schools were given, but in no way has the update made Ice weak or vulnerable!

In no way has Ice been taken out of PvP, just your old strategy has. There are ways to counter everything, you just have to figure out what they are and utilize them.

I already told you how to counter the myth amulet and the Triage spell, so no need to go over that again. Think of ways around your obstacle, that is the whole point of most of my posts.

Like I said, there are ways around Triage and unless they see your spell coming, because you made it obvious, they will take initial damage and one round, plus if you cast another small DOT spell, triage will take that one instead of your boosted spell.

Joe.

This game is not all about PvP, and no, not all spells should be based on PVP. Frozen Armor actually works great in PvE, just not in PvP. Triage is Great in Both PvP and PvE, but you also have to know how to effectively work around it if you have DOT spells!

Okay your counter?

You seem to agree with me on resistance and critical, but for triage, your strategy only works if you go first, which is often not the case. You cannot dispel myth better then they can cast earthquake, if they have the myth amulet it only takes them 2 pips to cast quake, so if they go first they can quake before you dispel. Also, you would need to waste 2 pips on the dispel. If they are smart, it is actually very likely they will have a myth wand. For the dispel, it is at least useful in a few situations. The judgement pet gives a better version of a card the use almost every battle. Now, there is a reason I put this in the pvp section. It's because ice has gotten crippled in pvp, in pve we are fine.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:
alexmf2 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Even storm has 26%

Ice looks like it is given more than any other school to me. Also, what I suggested to others, the hat and boots give more or the same resistance, it is only the robe. So, if you are all about resistance, you can lose almost 200 health and 17 critical points and have more resistance than you did before. Your choice!

Yes, Ice has the least amount of critical hit points, but also has the most Resistance and Health. Ice has low damage, but a few DOT spells. Ice has Ice Elf, Ice Wyvern (Pet), Frost Bite, and Snow Angel.

Ice also gets, tower shield, Ice Armor, Frozen Armor, legion shield, can buy or craft treasure tower shields, get pets with even more global resistance. Ice is far from outmatched and outclassed.

What I want to know, is what you suggest Ice being given?

Ice does have the most resistance and health, I agree with you on that. The only problem is, the health is only around 400 more than ice, and the resistance is only 3% more than myth. Ice armor and frozen armor are terrible in pvp, as i can be easily stolen or destroyed. Legion shield is also terrible in 1v1, as it costs one pip to have less resistance than tower shield. The pets everyone else can get as well, not only ice.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Earthquake is a 6 pip spell, not a 4 pip spell!!! Being said, it takes 3 power pips if you have the myth amulet... Also, most people use the lifeforce blade in PvP, which has more critical block than they would a myth blade! That, or they use the opposite blade of their schools, to deal with shield by using converts.

Myth Dispel, it a 2 pips spell, or 1 power pip if you have a myth amulet. Everything here goes both ways!

Another thing, if you are playing 1v1 then snow angel is not the best spell to use anyway. So, cast frost bite, to deal with irritating shields, or steal them, then use colossus!

Triage is an excuse, not a real reason Ice, Death, and Fire lose in PvP! Every school can get around it, you just have to think and know how to hit, when to hit, and what is best to hit with!

I have no problems in PvP, although, I am a lot more advanced than most players. I am giving you good tips though, how to increase your game, take them under advisement!

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Earthquake is a 6 pip spell, not a 4 pip spell!!! Being said, it takes 3 power pips if you have the myth amulet... Also, most people use the lifeforce blade in PvP, which has more critical block than they would a myth blade! That, or they use the opposite blade of their schools, to deal with shield by using converts.

Myth Dispel, it a 2 pips spell, or 1 power pip if you have a myth amulet. Everything here goes both ways!

Another thing, if you are playing 1v1 then snow angel is not the best spell to use anyway. So, cast frost bite, to deal with irritating shields, or steal them, then use colossus!

Triage is an excuse, not a real reason Ice, Death, and Fire lose in PvP! Every school can get around it, you just have to think and know how to hit, when to hit, and what is best to hit with!

I have no problems in PvP, although, I am a lot more advanced than most players. I am giving you good tips though, how to increase your game, take them under advisement!

I dont suppose you could give a good deck setup? ....lol

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Darthjt,

Item #1. (Error on Critical)
I agree, I made a mistake, when I stated 90 percent, I really meant to say points, my error. To add to that, it's not a number of points out of 500, the real number is around or closer to 510-520.
I still stand by my statement, if they were going to equal out school, they should have increased Ice's critical rating some.
As stated by you, all that Ice has now is their higher life. I agree, and since Balance can hit a ciritical of 2500 plus, Storm can dwarf that value, as with Death. Myth can also do an incredible hit with Crits. Even life can hit Crits close to 35% of the time or more with Veng. My point is, Ice's added life means very little in the world of Criticals.

Item #2. (Ice Resistance)
Ice does still have gobal resistance, but other schools now have it too, which imo basically nullifies the Solo advantage that Ice once had.
So when I stated that it's basically gone, the advantage that Ice once had is basically gone, maybe not the total percentage.
Plus I agree with you, they should not have lowered Ice's resistance for general PvE or PvP.

Item #3. (DOT Spells)
Imo, you can't win just using Snow Angel, and adding Ice Elf negates the option to use combination that can win. So, if you defend on Triage, you have now put your self into a battle that most of the time is going to be very difficult to win.
You must have done some testing to fine this information out on Triage, most impressive. No other school has been put into this situation, as every other school (but Death) has a single hit spells that can do massive damage, but not Ice.

Fire, Efreet.
Storm - Levi
Myth - Medusa
Life - Forest lord
Balance - the Judge
Death - they are basically in the same boat as Ice, except that Skelton Dragon can hit much harder up front.

If they want to make all schools basically the same, as Winter Tusk has done, they need to give Ice and Death a huge one hit spells also. Then give all the rest some (weak) DOT spells to make it even.....

Item #4 (Myth Amulet).
Agreed, but where can you find the Myth dispell, it's not at the Bazaar anymore.
It's not at Arglestone's fine Card anymore, it's been removed. They only have Fire, Storm, and Ice displells there now. Yes, I could learn it, but I would have to buy back my training points, and I can't do that.
I know that KI takes card away at certain times, but this just doesn't make any sense to me.

Item #5 (Balance Dispel spell).
Yes, it does cost 5 pips, but remember, my Balance has a Power Pip Chance of 104%, so in reality it only 3 pips. You would have to use 2 regular/ or Power pips to cast the Life and another 2 for the Balance dispell cards. So, for one more pip or the same number of pips and to be able to cast them both at the same time, I consider worth it.

Item #6 (Ice got the short end of the stick).
It's not just the loss of the resistance, with what all the other schools got.
I think the update has affected Ice more than any other Wizard.
I also feel that it has hurt Ice in PvP more than any other Wizard.
It not that Ice is now week in PvE, it's not, but it has directly affected how effective Ice can be in PVP. There are more spell counters to the way that Ice plays than any other Wizard.

Item #7 (can't stay with your old Strategy).
yes, there are ways to counter everything, but the deck would get out of control, where you cannot effectively get what you need when you need it.
This last update had put Ice in that situation, imo, and Ice is now at a real disadvantage in PvP. I'm not saying that because I think that, I am saying that because that is what I am seeing.

Item #8 (DOT spells are useless in PVP).
I agree, trying to think around what has been done with the release of WinterTusk, is the key. Problem is trying to get around what they have done to Ice is not so simple. Balance, Death, Storm, Life, Fire, and Myth will all have a much easier time, versus Ice. Ice is clearly at a disadvantage now, they really have made it more defensive, which is what I find unfair.

I have been working on my Balance and Storm's counters to other school, and it wasn't too hard. Setting up a counter and a plan on Ice was easy, but as I looked at it, it was too easy. Running through PvP with my brother's Fire Wizard showed me just how easy it is to beat Ice now. He tried the Life Amulet and we tried the Myth Amulet, they work well. After we tried multiple combos, I realized that Ice now is at a disadvantage imo.

Item #9 (Triage has made DOT spells useless).
I agree, but it has hurt the option of doing Combo's for Ice, and this will really cause Ice trouble in PvP. I expect that you will see Ice win far less often, because of this.

Item #10 (The game is not about PvP).
Yes, I can agree, the game is not all about PvP, but look at it from my point of view. Many players can blast through a new world in one week, myself included if it's in the summer time. What do you do for the next two years while you are waiting for the next world... PVP. Yes, you can garden, but that's not for me. Yes, I can hatch pets and play the games to bring it up, but that cost a lot of money for mega snack packs so that is limited. Plus after about the first ten mini games you are ready to move onto something else.
While the W101 game is fun, and you get to have fun with the dungeons, etc, PvP is the real challenge. It's a real person against a real person, it's mind vs mind, and a little (or sometimes alot of) luck in the deck draw.

After the first two Wizards are leveled, bring up a third loses alot of the fun.
Why would anyone keep playing the game and level up Wizards, imo just PvP.
So, I feel that PvP should be a major consideration in what spells are created.
Maybe KI wants people to bring up multiple Wizards, but for some this is not possible.

Complaint: One last item, KI should also give us a listing of each shool's Wizard count in PvP, how many are in the game, and how many are Warlords.

(entered by Joe's Dad, from Joe's hard to read notes).

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

It not that Ice is now week in PvE, it's not, but it has directly affected how effective Ice can be in PVP. There are more spell counters to the way that Ice plays than any other Wizard.

I get the argument about other schools gaining universal defense once they reach Legendary but PvP gear has always been available that gives better resistance than Ice gear...
If you are that unhappy about it than why don't you just get the Coat of Invinsibility?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
@alex;

Setup your deck? Hmmm, well, you should have a little of this, a little of that, with some of this and some of that... You want me to give out all my secrets?

Hmm, what to share? Well, I will say this, most of the time, when I go into a PvP match, I have most of my attack cards in my Treasure deck, if that helps you any. I hate not having an attack card come up, right when you need it!

@Joseph;

You had a nice long post there, with some excellent points! The one thing I need to state is the fact that there are 7 schools in the game. PvP does not let you see who you will face in a Ranked match! Also, most people train for Tower shield, so only Fire and Storm will usually have a -70% Ice shield. If they are Fire, use a Cloak Convert!

If they are storm, well, with earthquake, their leviathan also takes away blades and I can't see them having the myth amulet, so my advice is, when you blade, use your normal or enchanted blade first, followed immediately with the elemental blades!

You can't buy Myth Dispel, it must be trained! But, if everyone in PvP has a myth amulet and is using that dreaded Earthquake, then it is something you might want to consider, since it is taking all your blades away!

You would think, most would have the Life amulet, rather than the myth amulet, except for life that is...

I have not seen too many myth amulets on the field yet, maybe I am just very very lucky. The life amulets are getting a little more common, but in no way, shape, or form, can they heal faster than I can damage them!

Anyway, I hope my posts help you see a few strategies you have not thought of.

As far as Ice getting a stronger attack spell, well, this is not the end of the line for Wizards101, I am sure, in the next batch of spells, Ice will get a strong attack spell, life will finally get a DOT spell, etc...

Just have to wait and see!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

I get the argument about other schools gaining universal defense once they reach Legendary but PvP gear has always been available that gives better resistance than Ice gear...
If you are that unhappy about it than why don't you just get the Coat of Invinsibility?

Hi hp1055cm,

Legendary is not what I'm really complaining about, it's the release of the gear in Wintertusk and Waterworks, plus the crafted gear. As Gtar stated, no one in their right mind would use the crafted gear, it's not as good as the Level 60 Waterworks gear.
Take a look at all the new Level 60 gear and you will see what I mean.

I feel that KI was trying to compensate for Ice winning in PVP and therefore made sure it would be much harder for them. Not only in the Gear and but the spells too. Imo, they have effectively taken Ice out of PvP.

I'm not saying this because I only have one Ice wizard, I also have a level 60 balance, a level 53 Strom, and a death that is close to level 30. So I know some of the other schools and have looked at the gear in detail.
Plus I have been in the Waterworks Dungeon I don't know how many times.
Each time I look at the other players gear, and this is what I base my statement on.

I think KI did a great job in the new Gear, except for Ice, they got the short end of the stick.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
@Joseph;

You had a nice long post there, with some excellent points! The one thing I need to state is the fact that there are 7 schools in the game. PvP does not let you see who you will face in a Ranked match! Also, most people train for Tower shield, so only Fire and Storm will usually have a -70% Ice shield. If they are Fire, use a Cloak Convert!

If they are storm, well, with earthquake, their leviathan also takes away blades and I can't see them having the myth amulet, so my advice is, when you blade, use your normal or enchanted blade first, followed immediately with the elemental blades!

You can't buy Myth Dispel, it must be trained! But, if everyone in PvP has a myth amulet and is using that dreaded Earthquake, then it is something you might want to consider, since it is taking all your blades away!

You would think, most would have the Life amulet, rather than the myth amulet, except for life that is...

I have not seen too many myth amulets on the field yet, maybe I am just very very lucky. The life amulets are getting a little more common, but in no way, shape, or form, can they heal faster than I can damage them!

Anyway, I hope my posts help you see a few strategies you have not thought of.

As far as Ice getting a stronger attack spell, well, this is not the end of the line for Wizards101, I am sure, in the next batch of spells, Ice will get a strong attack spell, life will finally get a DOT spell, etc...

Just have to wait and see!

Ok Daarthjt,

Two questions for you,

1. When are you going to be finished with your Darthjt PvP book?
I want to review the first copy.....

2. What kind of a brain do you have, because it's not a normal run of the mill brain?

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well thanks for the Compliment Joe, as far as the book, I have not even started. lol

I just watch, learn, and think about what it takes to counter things. Also, one nice feature ice has, is stun, so before you do attack, stun them! it is 0 pips to cast.

There are so many things to do on the battlefield... Oh and another nice new feature, is shatter. Put down a few feints, get colossus ready, and shatter those shields, then attack! Massive damage that way.

Feints are, Amulet, Treasure, Regular, and Pet...

Now, even if they get a shield up, and that is if, with those 4 feints a blade, and a colossus with gargantuan on it, not much can survive...

Just have to think of all the possibilities...

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Darthjt,

I need to correct a mistake I made, and tell you that you were correct.
The total number of ponts for Critical is 500. I knew something was slightly off, but it was my memory was off. The Critical Block max point number is 455.55. My brother pointed this out to me this morning after reading my post.

Sorry for the error,
Joe,,

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well thanks for the Compliment Joe, as far as the book, I have not even started. lol

I just watch, learn, and think about what it takes to counter things. Also, one nice feature ice has, is stun, so before you do attack, stun them! it is 0 pips to cast.

There are so many things to do on the battlefield... Oh and another nice new feature, is shatter. Put down a few feints, get colossus ready, and shatter those shields, then attack! Massive damage that way.

Feints are, Amulet, Treasure, Regular, and Pet...

Now, even if they get a shield up, and that is if, with those 4 feints a blade, and a colossus with gargantuan on it, not much can survive...

Just have to think of all the possibilities...

stun... *adds four to deck* Feints... *equips amulet, pet, and adds to treasure deck* shatter (Forgot this card was made :P)... *gets a thousand treasures and adds to deck*

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

Hi hp1055cm,

Legendary is not what I'm really complaining about, it's the release of the gear in Wintertusk and Waterworks, plus the crafted gear. As Gtar stated, no one in their right mind would use the crafted gear,

I think KI did a great job in the new Gear, except for Ice, they got the short end of the stick.

Joe.
I must be out of my mind then because I crafted and use the hat in place of the waterworks hat. What I trade is a stackable 40% blade for a few resist points I easily make up with my pet (15%) running a smaller deck than most (under forty cards) I can use this blade to my advantage.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Hi hp1055cm,

Legendary is not what I'm really complaining about, it's the release of the gear in Wintertusk and Waterworks, plus the crafted gear. As Gtar stated, no one in their right mind would use the crafted gear,

Joe.
I must be out of my mind then because I crafted and use the hat in place of the waterworks hat. What I trade is a stackable 40% blade for a few resist points I easily make up with my pet (15%) running a smaller deck than most (under forty cards) I can use this blade to my advantage.

He was referring to the old level 55 crafted gear in Celestia (and specifically just the ice crafted gear at that), not the new level 56 crafted in Wintertusk.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
uh ice are pretty hard in pvp. they have mad resist mad health spells to drive people mad tower healing when i fought a ice she kept shielding healing when i attacked she kept frostbiting ice is so hard in pvp (''); x. x

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Hi hp1055cm,

Joe.

Hi TravisAK,

Ok, I agree on the hat, I'm using the hat too, because of the Blade, but the Waterworks hat does have better specification.
The rest of the gear is not as good as the waterworks, gear imo.
Are you the one I battled over the weekend with the pet with +10 and the +5 shields and beat me.....?

Joe,