Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am i the only one?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
Auctully its one of my favourite worlds! I see no problem with it! and you have to learn the trick if you wanna pass the rooftops! so you dont run into almost any enemies and practiclly only boss fights unless you wanted too...

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Marleybone is getting to be kind of frustrating. I dislike having to buy a ticket every time I get defeated.

What I did was mark the location at the beginning of Hyde Park and later Chelsea Court so you can just teleport back there rather than having to run all the way back to Digmoore station, buy the ticket, and fly to the street.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Individual tastes are, of course, individual, but Marleybone is absolutely my favorite world (I've done them all up to Dragonspire). I'm a huge fan of Steampunk, and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed the narrative and the voice overs with their exaggerated cockney lilt. The small side quests like the policeman's ball and the letters to the ladies made me chuckle, and the final confrontation with Meowariarty(sp?) was the proverbial epic.

And I loved the balloon ride :-)

That said, I was a bit frustrated at first about getting jumped on the rooftops. It seemed hard at first after the safe sidewalks of Wiz City and Krocotopia. But again, it fit in with the world-- you really feel as if you're sneaking around through a bad neighborhood.

I felt oddly sad when I finished the last Marleybone quest. I'd love to see more added in the future.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
MollyCollie wrote:

I felt oddly sad when I finished the last Marleybone quest.

So did I, but i didn't complete all the side quests yet. :?

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I'm getting sick of Marleybone it takes so long, I keep telling my friends "I can't wait to get out of here and go to mooshu"

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I really liked the atmosphere of Marley Bone and I thought the quests were pretty interesting for the most part, there were a few with a lot of just running back and forth that were kinda tedious, but overall good.

However, there were two things that I found particularly frustrating. One, quests that require a certain type of mob, and them being mixed in with different types of guys. Especially when there are only 1 of your type up and 15 of the other types. Having to do 3 battles with no chance of updates just to get one of your mobs to spawn is frustrating. Second, anything involving the clockworks that run at super speed, especially the ones that run in a tight circle and constantly respawn as you fight. Getting sucked into 3 battles in a row without a chance to move is frustrating to say the least.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I just hate katzensteins lab.Seriosly kingisle slow those down!I know golems need a workout but they annoy me!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
DarkStorm824 wrote:
I'm getting sick of Marleybone it takes so long, I keep telling my friends "I can't wait to get out of here and go to mooshu"

You too hua?

The thing I Hate about Marlybone is 'THE GRIND' cause that all that you do
for the most part. no real puzzles like those of krok. Some running about
to break up that depressing Grind Grind Grind, mooshu you Grind but at
least you have differant changing surroundings in more spread out areas.
Marlybone is all the same roof tops with differant names and roof top configuations and a closed in feeling. Guess folks from big cities would
think of marlybone as a small country town. hmm.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
I Personally hated Marleybone. It is tedious and repetitive. Yet, with all the side quests and the jump in difficulty of the monsters, i was able to go back and forth from Marleybone to Grizzelheim to make it interesting. So if you are having a hard time, or boring time in Marleybone, jump back and forth between GH and MB.

Amanda Wintersong
Level 46 Balance
Master Sorcerer