Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am i the only one?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Am i the only one that starts to find Marleybone boring?
Fight after fight with the same kind of oponents.
No new surroundings.... booooring!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Yes but they put lots of detail into it . I think marelybone is like schools some have higher powers then others. As result of MB being boring. It is fast and high fashionable and put detail into. There fore nothing can be done about this even though thats just the way they decided to make this.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
I disagree. In Krokotopia, you can pick up all of your quests at one time and defeat several monsters for multiple quests because they are all the same. In Marleybone, each street has its' own type of monster. Also, in Marleybone, you not only have cats but you have 5 or 6 different kinds of cats, gearheads, clockwork golems, couple different kinds of mice, tomb roamers (ghouls), ghosts, potbellies, etc. There are all kinds of different monsters. In Krokotopia, you have your choice between kroks, manders, and flames, and they are all wearing the same things. At least in Marleybone, they've added different clothing to spice things up. Also, in Marleybone, the monsters walk at different paces, from really slow (scratchers) to really fast (golems and gears). Marleybone is actually my favorite area. I'm sorry it bores you, but if it bothers you that much, you should probably only do the story line quests rather than any side quests.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
NO!!! You are NOT the only one... Marleybone is my least favorite world of them all... I LOVE MOOSHU! UNFORTUNATLY... You have to get thru Marleybone to get there... LOL

Its just running and battling the same things over and over. Its just an annoying repetition. My partner I play with and myself have multiple wizards and they all seem to stop at Marleybone. LOL. Neither of us want to play it. We only go back and play them when we are done with our wizards that are in Mooshu or Dragonspyre and cant go anywhere else.... So we then FORCE ourselves to play Marleybone to get a wizard into Mooshu. LOL

Marleybone is EXTREMELY boring!!!

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Developer
Midsummer has a great idea with this -- only do the main quest line. This means when someone sends you to a new area, only do that quest and don't pick up quests from others who offer them. This will zoom you through the world. Marleybone does has a large number of side quests. I've enjoyed picking up the side quests but leaving them for later so I will have a choice of worlds and streets to adventure in any time I log in.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I cant refuse a quest! I am addicted to quests!
But when you are soloing this game it tends to sometimes bore you.
I love Wizard101.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
but if you don't do the side quests you will not lvl up fast and you will be weak when your in mooshu with all the lvl 6 and higher boss

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
I disagree I think that this is my favorite world in the spiral so far. The designers' put much hard work and detail into this world and I think that needs to be taken into consideration. Also I like the storyline and monsters to this world you wouldn't really think of dogs and I like how much they admire gadget's and science more than magic it makes a twist in the game. With the monsters as well it may be some simple cats and rats but they are each different and you have the different types such as burglars , holligans , etc. Also I agree that unless you are desperate to get to MooShu I would do at least some of the side quests so you will be able to level up enough and get the spells you need in order not to be weak in MooShu.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I don't know about anyone else here, but I found the early parts of Mooshu to actually be easier than Marleybone so you could just do the story quests without worrying about being too weak to do Mooshu. Mooshu only gets a bit hard when you start having to fight the Onis.
Side quest wise, i've found Dragonsypre to be more tedious than anything in either of the other worlds, thanks to long grinding quests and golem tower styled areas with 6 to 8 floors in them. More than a few of my quests there involve facing 12 draconians and one even requires me to defeat 15 undead draconians.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Midsummer wrote:
I disagree. In Krokotopia, you can pick up all of your quests at one time and defeat several monsters for multiple quests because they are all the same. In Marleybone, each street has its' own type of monster. Also, in Marleybone, you not only have cats but you have 5 or 6 different kinds of cats, gearheads, clockwork golems, couple different kinds of mice, tomb roamers (ghouls), ghosts, potbellies, etc. There are all kinds of different monsters. In Krokotopia, you have your choice between kroks, manders, and flames, and they are all wearing the same things. At least in Marleybone, they've added different clothing to spice things up. Also, in Marleybone, the monsters walk at different paces, from really slow (scratchers) to really fast (golems and gears). Marleybone is actually my favorite area. I'm sorry it bores you, but if it bothers you that much, you should probably only do the story line quests rather than any side quests.

actualy there are giant creaters (desert golem/ice avenger) spiders, and different types of kroks, along with what you mentioned

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Marleybone got so dry and let's say overwhelming that I almost gave up. In fact, during that time period, I made a new character just so I could keep playing the game. I put my higher level girl away just because I couldn't stand it any more. I solo 90% of my quests and each quest/instanced area would take way too long for time. I had to re-do Katzenstein's lab 3 or 4 times. I almost made it through on the first time, but I ran out of time. The 2nd and 3rd times, this was my routine - step, fight, step, fight, step, fight. I couldn't even get down the walkway. Every single step I would be caught up in battle. I got so tired of it. I finally, said ok - it took me more than 3 hours to finish Katz' lab. I figured if I could get through Katz's lab, I could do anything. I did Clockwork East, West and Big Ben all by myself up until the last solo boss for each, when I asked for help. I mean why have 3 quests like that over and over and over. Get rid of Clockworks and just make Big Ben.

I get to Mooshoo and it's like whew and wow! I love the scenery and the wonderful atmosphere at Mooshoo. MarleyBone was always dark - never any daylight - very depressing. Plus MarleyBone is totally encompassed in the city and each of the areas were similar to each other. There's nothing fascinating to catch my imagination there. In my opinion.....

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, Marleybone does have a lot detail, but it's just hard to navigate, even if you've been there for awhile. And it's fight after fight after fight with bosses that you can't really beat by yourself.

I'm a death wizard, so I like to go solo(I'm like that in real life as well. don't like tons of people around me :P) so it's annoying when I have to call up for help, as they usually stay for the remainder of the instanced level. Which usually means a clutzy mistake and another fight. Which may lead to death and having to scramble and get healed before returning.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I for one have to sadly admit that Marleybone has been my least favorite world *Storyline* but it is my second favorite *Detailed World*. It has so much detail i cannot say that i hate it. Admins put much work and I want to appreciate it. Anyways, I love Wizard101 and I dont want to see anything get deleted, including Marleybone. I hope to see more worlds and not less worlds!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Myutlonghorns wrote:
I for one have to sadly admit that Marleybone has been my least favorite world *Storyline* but it is my second favorite *Detailed World*. It has so much detail i cannot say that i hate it. Admins put much work and I want to appreciate it. Anyways, I love Wizard101 and I dont want to see anything get deleted, including Marleybone. I hope to see more worlds and not less worlds!

I agree , you have to respect it, but it is the most boring because you have to run around the place and do a whole lot of pointless stuff like the policeman's ball. when I teleported to MooShu, it was so much more fun. :-D

Malvin Goldcrafter: Level 32 Thaumaturge, 2158 health, 250 mana

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I wouldn't say it's boring, to be honest, the only part I don't like is those jogging robots I just want to beat bosses not minions.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Well my answer to that is yes and no. First off i do not enjoy the side quests there, but as i found on my first wizard, I must do side quests cause later on in dragonspyre, mooshu and all of that, YOU NEED TO GET IN SOME PLACES FOR OTHER QUESTS. So yes, I dispise marleybone with the side quests, run here, run there, get this, kill that, it all leaves me with the question. WHY CAN'T THE DOGS DO IT THEMSELVES! :-P

But no, i do not find most of marleybone boring. infact i love that part of the game, in some way. just gonna stay out of kengstion part the second them. first time IT WAS THREE HOURS LONG!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
I love Marleybone, but I really did hate the street/instance design. Though I did enjoy the challenge of the world. It did feel like I accomplished something when I finally defeated Meowiarty. I am enjoying Mooshu to a degree but it is not as challenging as Marlybone is.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
yidskey wrote:
Midsummer wrote:

actualy there are giant creaters (desert golem/ice avenger) spiders, and different types of kroks, along with what you mentioned
Ect. means that what is listed is not the only ones I know that you have more but don't correct her/him she/he was on the right track!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i say marleybones a little easy. i beat everything but kats lab and big ben. and i beat ironworks twice already.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
by the way duckman999 can you help me with the ironworks please i have been really tring to get help to the ironworks but no one will help me

Wolf moonrider lv32 death/fire 1,789 helth 189 mana

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I'm not bored of it yet because I don't go there much because of the lags. I have completed few quests and I don't think it's boring.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
marleybone sucks, i agree, but when you fight meowiarty at the top of big ben, its so cool, it makes it all worth it.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
Marleybone is getting to be kind of frustrating. I dislike having to buy a ticket every time I get defeated. The rooftops, chock full of burglars, hooligans, and golems, are hard to manuver. Funny thing, my friend stopped playing the game when he got halfway through Marleybone. :-(. Of course just stepping into a world where havoc is already happening on the roofs and being a part-time crime investigator in a present day London, AND OF THE ONGOING BATTLE OF CATS AND DOGS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME , is pretty fun if you think about it that way.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
i hate marleybone moo shu is my favorite world and unfortunately you have to do marleybone first :-(
i'm stuck on katz lab anyone wanna help me?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Warlock9999 wrote:
the only part I don't like is those jogging robots
I agree.