Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the insane bolt spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
i am just suggesting something i see that insane bolt odds of self destruction are only 20 percent but i get hit more than i did my math see out of 40 bolts only 8 should hit me but i got hit 30 times out of 40 meaning only 10 bolts work and i want the chance lowered to only 5 percent or no self destruction at all or lower the self destruction damage to half the damage meaning 500 and lower the accuracy to 60 and NOT change it to storm damage if not star damage just a thought cause it would look cooler when people resist and you see the star symbol but anyway take note to this and consider my idea please i am storm and i think its unfair that i got hit 30 times out of 40 when i really should have only gotten hit 8 would even accept 10 but 30 is too much
and another thought bring back wild bolt to how it used to be and uh if you decide to lower the self destruction damage to 400 or 500 do NOT make the self destruction damage too high either cause thats still unfair and do NOT make it no pvp like beguile cause when you did that to beguile you really messed it up to be honest consider my idea please it would be much more fair to storm and for the people that arent storm and think its unfair to them look at how many times i got killed out of 40 i was only supposed to get killed 8 but got killed 30 and i counted so i have a point take note to this

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
blaze1070 wrote:
i am just suggesting something i see that insane bolt odds of self destruction are only 20 percent but i get hit more than i did my math see out of 40 bolts only 8 should hit me but i got hit 30 times out of 40 meaning only 10 bolts work and i want the chance lowered to only 5 percent or no self destruction at all or lower the self destruction damage to half the damage meaning 500 and lower the accuracy to 60 and NOT change it to storm damage if not star damage just a thought cause it would look cooler when people resist and you see the star symbol but anyway take note to this and consider my idea please i am storm and i think its unfair that i got hit 30 times out of 40 when i really should have only gotten hit 8 would even accept 10 but 30 is too much
and another thought bring back wild bolt to how it used to be and uh if you decide to lower the self destruction damage to 400 or 500 do NOT make the self destruction damage too high either cause thats still unfair and do NOT make it no pvp like beguile cause when you did that to beguile you really messed it up to be honest consider my idea please it would be much more fair to storm and for the people that arent storm and think its unfair to them look at how many times i got killed out of 40 i was only supposed to get killed 8 but got killed 30 and i counted so i have a point take note to this

lol, the original wild bolt had a 10% casting chance that would successfully cast somewhere around 7 out of 10 times with no percentage increase to it. It wasn't that the percent on the card was the problem, but the programming.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
seasnake wrote:
blaze1070 wrote:

lol, the original wild bolt had a 10% casting chance that would successfully cast somewhere around 7 out of 10 times with no percentage increase to it. It wasn't that the percent on the card was the problem, but the programming.
yea well fix the programing cause i am sick of getting hit more then i am supposed to or at least lower the chances

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
blaze1070 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
blaze1070 wrote:

yea well fix the programing cause i am sick of getting hit more then i am supposed to or at least lower the chances

I think it is hitting me about 50% of the time now. I keep trying to break my five times in a row record. Last time I tried playing with it, the first three casts killed me, and the forth hit, and then I quit playing because it was late (so that was a 75% backfire rate).

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
It's luck, I know luck is cruel and this game should require more skill, but I like this spell because it seems to be one of the few things that I actually DO have good luck with. Lady luck just isn't smiling on you today.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
It has a 20% chance to backfire. And I hope, that if you keep chain using it, the chances are increased!!! It is not a spell to use every round, but some people just don't get that!

Defender
May 12, 2009
Use punctuation. I filter the words through my brain and I feel like your babbling.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
blaze1070 wrote:

If KI listened to this entire post, storm would have a spell that does 1000 damage for 2 pips with a 5% chance to do 400 damage to them self. I think that you are either joking or are really, really confused about how pvp works. Storm isnt supposed supposed to win every battle, its supposed to be a school...

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I don't see the point of that spell. At all. And I will never even bother starting that quest for it. I am actually surprised that this spell is the level 55 spell, not the level 35 spell.

Why bother risking defeat, and getting thrown out of the battlefield, when you can simply risk the lower damage of a Wild bolt? And it is Moon damage. With the stat boost to storm damage that Storm wizards usually carry, Wild bolt will overpower anything that Insane bolt can dish out. (With the 1,000 damage).