Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Disadvantage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Well, i noticed the death school is at a disadvantage. Malistare is death and must have like 75% resistance and that reduces the already weak spells. Every spell is under 600 normal. I think the bosses should be an unkown type, with unique spells.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
death and life both have a advantage against malistare because first death wizard get death prism and life attacks are increased so death doesnt have a weakness to him because death prism changes one death attack to a life of the same spell

Survivor
May 27, 2009
i personally think death should be stronger. i mean skeletal dragon, SCARECROW is better! why cant it actually do damage :(

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
spelly567 wrote:
i personally think death should be stronger. i mean skeletal dragon, SCARECROW is better! why cant it actually do damage :(

skeletal dragon is stronger especialy if you use the tough or stronger version of tough like giant monsterous or that one that boost by 225 as a non treasure version death doesnt need more power they have tons of good stuff already like making heals pretty much useless in pvp and having a aoe spell that heals them while dishing out good damage especialy if they put feint and death trap on us

dont mess with death or you will get your life blasted with the power of death

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Death should be stronger?

Skeletal Dragon is the 2nd strongest spell in the game! Not to mention you can add gargantuan to it and it is a DOT spell!

As for Wraith and Scarecrow, you can now add gargantuan on to them also, making them even more powerful and healing you more!

Want a cookie too?

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Skeletal Dragon is the 2nd strongest spell in the game! Not to mention you can add gargantuan to it and it is a DOT spell!

As for Wraith and Scarecrow, you can now add gargantuan on to them also, making them even more powerful and healing you more!

Want a cookie too?

all schools are good for certain things
Life: heals and lots of life
Ice: shields and a lot of life
myth: uses minion and talon is a good minion
balance: buffs up people and ra is awesome
Fire: well fire is just that dangerous I hate efreet in pvp xd lol
Storm: one levey with blades could me a death legend in one shoot
hope I did not miss any other schools if I did sry
as for death: death is lucky here is why
we can fill our health up in one move in battle yea in battle
once you learn how to use death magic like I do trust me you will learn death dragon is very strong with blades and traps of course
and scarecrow is my favorite multi attack spell
so yes death is a tad bit weaker
but fire cant heal themselves like death can in battle
so its like giving up power for ability to heal well in battle
so see it that way and you will be a good death
cheers

Survivor
May 26, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Want a cookie too?
what is the strongest spell then

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Want a cookie too?

Alright, does anyone see the fact that any school can add life add a amulet and now heal almost as well as life. Add a ring or two with boosts and fire can heal, storm can heal, ice can heal ....... Death is lacking esp since the last two expansions. Now with triage skeletal dragon looses its luster. Add shields to that, and skeletal dragon is almost completely useless. I will keep saying it and it will fall on some deaf ears and many will disagree, but skeletal dragon should be group. Those that say no, well Fire's 50 dragon then should be a single damage and so should snow angel. Why does life get a very awesome group spell when their main purpose is to heal. Its death, and a level 60 spell. It cost 8 pips to cast. Skeletal Dragon should be a group spell. If you look at crow overall it is a good spell, but I'd hardly call it a great spell. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't do that much damage even if you add Gar to it. I would not place it in the best. Skeletal dragon is prob the 3rd or 4th best spell. Snow angel being in the top 2. Judgement can't be stopped, and I'd have to say Efreeti and Madusa (excuse the spelling) are better than Skeletal dragon. Remember as I say this read above and realize that Triage and Shields still work against the Dragon. I will have to say that Snow Angel has lost a little something since triage. I'm not saying that death should be all powerful but that class should install a huge amount of fear instead of laughter when faced in pvp.
Doom and gloom getting a 65%-70% to all heals, gimme a break. Its worthless, most death I talk to don't keep it in their deck. Doom and Gloom cost to many pips to cast and it actually hurts you if you need to heal outside of the death attacks. Don't get me started on the three elemental classes getting way more boosts to accuracy then they should get. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the game. I play all of the wizard classes except one. But those that think death isn't weaker and doesn't need some serious help as a class has not really looked at the whole. I also not saying that other classes don't need some help. Also death has one group spell in 60 levels. Scare Crow and Skeletal Dragon will have their different uses as well. Also remember no death spell has a nice ability like casting a 90% weakness or removing all blades from a foe it hits, or stuns for two rounds. Its the only individual level 60 spell that does not carry an added bonus and its not group.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The disadvantage you have, by reading the posts, is your strategy, not the school. No offense but you are not planning ahead.

Main Complaint, Triage!

First off, if you are unpredictable, you can cast Skeletal Dragon, then you need to immediately cast poison. This way, triage will remove the poison rather than the boosted Skeletal Dragon.

Secondly, Skeletal Dragon is the second most powerful spell. Power as in damage. Leviathan does more damage, then skeletal dragon is second in line. Snow angel is only 700 damage, although it does damage all, still under 100 damage per pip, unlike Skeletal Dragon which does more than 1000! for 8 pips!

So, now that we have effective countered triage, lets move on to the life mastery amulet.

Also, I want to point out, that Death can quite effectively heal themself without the use of the life mastery amulet, so a good amulet for death would probably be the myth amulet, for earthquake or shatter, removing all those pesky death shields everyone is casting to stop Skeletal Dragon from being so dangerous.

Now, the Life mastery Amulet can heal almost as good as life can. With the new gear that give global resistance, they only get good critical points to their own school, not to lifes, if they want that, they will have to give up the global resistance. Now, yes, they can heal, but add a few blades and Death has many options to blades now, and nothing can heal faster than Skeletal Dragon can do damage!

So, what disadvantage were you talking about?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
You guys have a spell called prism i believe that will actually not only make him not resist your spell but will actually boost malistaire treating it as life damage. Death is not at a disadvantage ever since sun schools can be used on your give back life spells its really easy for you guys to do a lot of damage. And you know a lot of the problem is that people just dont know how to play death its basically one of the most over powered schools if you can use it right because it gets all the "Sabotage spells" If your looking to not have any strategy and just blast away and win, just make a storm