Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Immolate

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
There is a misprint on the card. It shows that you take strength and multiple it, when it is health instead of strength. So, the fire fist should be replaced with a heart.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
A heart would indicate healing. The fist indicate damage. Immolate causes damage to the caster, it does not heal.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Have you used this spell in battle? The spell inflicts a portion of damage to the caster in order to inflict a larger portion of damage to the opponent. The spell has no healing component or drain so there would be no need for a heart in either portion of the text.

Unless the spell has been changed, the text is correct. If the spell has been changed feel free to correct me.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
MercMissionary wrote:
There is a misprint on the card. It shows that you take strength and multiple it, when it is health instead of strength. So, the fire fist should be replaced with a heart.
the fire fist you are talking about means that it does that much fire damage to you. in other words, you can reduce the damage you take with fire shields, tower shields, or absorb shields. the damage you take is also increased by your fire damage bonus, and decreased by your fire resistance. so the symbol on the spell card is correct. -eli and crew

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:

There is no misprint. You are taking 250 Fire Damage (Fist symbol) to your self in order to deal 600 Fire Damage (Fist symbol) to your enemy. There is no multiplying. You are simply taking damage to deal damage.

The heart symbols represent just plain healing and the broken hearts represent drain spells. Very different from Immolate.

https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bb8889a482e8f

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
It's like you're causing self-combustion and then sending the resulting burst of flame at the target. There's absolutely no healing value to Immolate, but there's the potential for a lot of self-induced damage if used without a shield.

Immolate reminds me of the little girl in the book/movie "Firestarter".

Scarlet, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
The spell takes first from the caster then deals damage to the target. I just like the fact you can reduce the damage taken from the caster with the -80% fire sheild [if that is a glitch... I did not say anything... ]

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
My thought was that it would take power from a spell card, instead of taking health from me, being a fire charater. That's why the symbol needs changed. Whether it be a heart, or skull.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

My thought was that it would take power from a spell card, instead of taking health from me, being a fire charater. That's why the symbol needs changed. Whether it be a heart, or skull.

No it doesn't "take health" from you. With Immolate you will actually hit yourself first with fire damage. (It hits you with 250 base damage, but that can be boosted much higher if you have increased fire damage boosts from your clothes or pet, or if you put blades up). In turn, the spell then casts at least 600 fire damage at the enemy.

When used with a shield, this mid-level spell is very powerful--actually it's slightly more powerful than Kraken which is also four pips. With a shield for youself, plus a blade and trap, Immolate will easily wipe out mobs in Krok, Marleybone, MooShu, and even some areas of Dragonspyre.

Use Immolate with caution, however: it's very important to shield yourself before using this spell. Otherwise, you may end up accidentally killing yourself.