Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get to Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2014
Hello, my name is Belgrim Shadowhorn. maybe you've seen me, but I am a lvl 47 Balance Wizard, and i keep getting better every day ( I am almost at lvl 50, and then i will have astral spells! Yay!). I say that you just have to exert yourself. If you really want to get to lvl 40 or higher, you just have to believe that you can, and strive to get better and better on the game! As for the "Blood Brother" quest (which you get from Gurtog the Helephant), I have not seen it, and i suspect it is available at lvl 55 or higher; i have been there before, because I teleported to a friend that was there, and its mobs have over 2,000 health normally, unless they're a boss, in which case they can have 4,000 or more! I believe the quest comes some time after the quest "The Bigger They Are" where you have to defeat a massive grendel, Jotun, with 9,000 health, and his two companions, both with 8,000 health. Glad I could help to straighten things out!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
To get to Winter tusk you have to beat grizzleheim

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
I am am still on the mirkhol keep

Mason dusk gem level 43

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
holmiahan2 wrote:
But who will give you this quest?

Alexandria AshWalker lvl 22
i found it in ravinscar by the ravinscar villege hope that helped hanna shadow stone lv49 death school

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Melissa Greenrunne... on Jun 22, 2011 wrote:
I talked to the king and I'm on the quest for Jotun. Is that anywhere close?
yes all you have to do is beat Jotun and then go through all of ravenscar. After you beat ravenscar you can go to wintertusk

Survivor
May 08, 2011
I am a level 66 so will winter tusk pretty much just be a breeze for me?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
wizardisbae. on May 2, 2015 wrote:
I am a level 66 so will winter tusk pretty much just be a breeze for me?
If you have at least decent gear and can play the game at all, yes.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
how do i get to the gurtok barrier quest?

Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
This is for those who asked of how to get and complete " Blood Brother. " So I hope you find this helpful. please remind me the name of the helephant because I can't remember his name. So, you will need to help the helephant get the summoning powder, feathers, can't remember the other and, and that's when you get the quest called, " Blood Brother " the steps to complete " Blood Brother " that I completed so far is...
1. go to the coven house, defeat whatever is in there, and get the blood that the helephant asked for.
2. NOTE: The part after this part will be hard, so be prepared. Go to the helephant and put the blood in the like torch he asked you to.
3. You must fight him in order to continue it, and it is a solo dungeon, meaning no one else could help you but your minions, and the henchmen from the crown shop, they cost 50 crowns and it is recommended to get a level 50 life henchmen. ( I didn't use henchmen or minions, at least I think I did that way. ) The helephant is a rank 7 boss. He uses ice shields.
4. After that, you have to defeat the coven. I still didn't complete step 4 yet.

I hope this is helpful.

Erica DaisyDreamer 50 Pyromancer Find me either me having a team up, watching PVP, or playing wildfire tag.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
Katie1311 wrote:
Probably the only reason you have to wait until level 40 is because Wintertusk is an extreamly hard area, even for me and I'm 8 levels past 40. I have to have friends with me every time I go there. My name is Destiny Fireflame. I am a level 48 pyromancer.
So true! It is such a hard area and I'm 11 levels past 40 and I am having a hard time with fighting the myth ravens and the death ravens.

Erica DaisyDreamer, Level 51 grandmaster pyromancer Find me either watching high level 4v4 practice PVP, waiting for a team up for extremely hard boss battles, or playing Wildfire tag.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Complete Grizzleheims main story line is all it's basically saying.

Lindsey PixieGem level-72
Amber DawnCrafter level-25
Samantha MythBlade level-16
Ben SeaWalker level-25
Rebecca Unicorn level-25
Stephen StormBlade level-14

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Ever since I got to Wintertusk, enemies have increased in a large way, such as: 990 Health to 1,715 Health, and they use rank 6 and 7 spells now.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Be Warned, wizards who are entering Wintertusk. Enemy difficulty will be increasing largely. Prepare your spells, gear, and stats. To people saying "Who will give me 'Blood Brother'?", a raven that you will be assigned to by Valgard, the king, named Hrafn Lorespeaker will do that. Merle Ambrose is who you seek next. Good luck out there wizards, Oni Slayer.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Erica DaisyDreamer on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
This is for those who asked of how to get and complete " Blood Brother. " So I hope you find this helpful. please remind me the name of the helephant because I can't remember his name. So, you will need to help the helephant get the summoning powder, feathers, can't remember the other and, and that's when you get the quest called, " Blood Brother " the steps to complete " Blood Brother " that I completed so far is...
1. go to the coven house, defeat whatever is in there, and get the blood that the helephant asked for.
2. NOTE: The part after this part will be hard, so be prepared. Go to the helephant and put the blood in the like torch he asked you to.
3. You must fight him in order to continue it, and it is a solo dungeon, meaning no one else could help you but your minions, and the henchmen from the crown shop, they cost 50 crowns and it is recommended to get a level 50 life henchmen. ( I didn't use henchmen or minions, at least I think I did that way. ) The helephant is a rank 7 boss. He uses ice shields.
4. After that, you have to defeat the coven. I still didn't complete step 4 yet.

I hope this is helpful.

Erica DaisyDreamer 50 Pyromancer Find me either me having a team up, watching PVP, or playing wildfire tag.
Helephant is Gurtok Barrier Demon.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Erica DaisyDreamer on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:

I hope this is helpful.

The coven is especially hard. 4 bosses will definitely obliterate you if you're solo, so bring a friend or two. If you're above level 85, facing 4 bosses at a time does not require any assistance.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
darkeyejunco wrote:
Wow,you really should see the street mobs there.You can't even do frost bones without being Lv. 50! Also, you get the quest 'BLood brother' for helping the gurtoc barr. demon in ravenscar
Im lvl 43 i was lvl 42 I am on the first boss.

Hero
May 07, 2015
lizywizy wrote:
I still havent been to ravenscar, but i have the quest to defeat Jotun. Will i have ravenscar after or wintertusk after?

-Angela DuneBreeze, Ice, Level 46
rs
and then wt

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
i thought it was when u complete all of grizzleheim. I can't really rememeber.... it's been a while since I left grizzleheim/wintertusk.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Aight I'm level 89 and I havent got the quest why is this

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
This is so sad. I am a level 71 and I still haven't gotten to Wintertusk.... How come Grizzlehime is so long?!?!?!

Hannah Nightgem

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
I am level 42 now and I haven't gotten that quest! When I reached level 40 I got a tutorial tip from Meryl Ambros saying something about grizzleheim and coming to speak with him and I decided that I would do it once I was done with the dungeon I was in so then when I was done I went to Meryl Ambros and he didn't have any quests for me so I thought maybe it was a glitch but I haven't seen it any other time I've logged on since then so how am I supposed to get the quest?

-sierra pearl
master sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Ik you guys will think I'm dumb because I'm on level 82 and i have been playing for about 5 or 6 years but, whats winter tusk?

JustinSilverSword

Survivor
Jun 11, 2013
The sad part is i am in zafarraia and still have not found wintertusk
-James Lengendwraith storm level 59

Survivor
Oct 11, 2015