Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get to Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
I have been wondering this too. do you get this quest after completing ravenscar? please leave response.

Thx, KyleMistSword Lvl 50

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
To get to Wintertusk, as with all worlds, you have to follow the storyline. The Grizzleheim storyline is separate from the main storyline that sends you off to defeat Malistaire and chase Morganthe, however. The way Grizzleheim works, is you first visit the world very early in the game to set up trade between Wizard City and Grizzleheim. You will then be able to return upon reaching level 20, when you can complete some of Grizzleheim. After a while, if you haven't reached level 30, you will be sent off to level up until you can return. Once you are level 30, the same thing happens, you can complete some more of Grizzleheim. You will then be sent off until you can return at level 40. This allows you to complete Ravenscar (be warned, level 40 is not very appropriate for some of the monsters in this area and there is even a part where you will have to solo a Rank 7 Boss with 7,000 Health) and take on the Blood Brothers. These are four Rank 7 Bosses who all have about 4,000 Health, all of which are different schools. Be prepared to have friends come along or use minions because you will not be able to do this alone unless you're an advanced player. After defeating the Blood Brothers and speaking with the King, Professor Ambrose immediately summons you to help out in Wintertusk. Wintertusk gives large amounts of experience for players around level 40, and it is a great way to catch up on your levels if you're like me and don't do many side quests on the main storyline. Hope this helps!
-Aerier

P.S. Any active member can go to any world even if they are not progressed far enough into the storyline to get there. Simply befriend an advanced player and politely ask if they would go to the world you want to explore, then when they are there teleport to them. You will not be able to receive any quests there and your exploration will be limited, but if you just want to see the world this is the best thing to do for lower leveled players.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2013
i'm a lvl 52 and still don't have wintertusk. Someone please explain what I need to do to get it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
WretchedlyDivine on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
i'm a lvl 52 and still don't have wintertusk. Someone please explain what I need to do to get it.
I found this quest tree on one of the fansites:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Grizzleheim_Quest_Tree

It lists all of the quests in Grizzleheim (Main, Side, Crafting, etc.). And it even shows the Level requirements for each area. On that link, you can click on a quest there to get more details on it (like "who" gives the quest, prequests or requirements, etc.).

In Grizzleheim, you get access to different areas based on your level.

For example, you can go to Vigrid Roughland at Level 25, if you finished the previous area.

This might help too:

Quests to Return to Grizzleheim:
Level 20 – Trade Voyage (go to Northguard and Savarstaad Pass)
Level 25 – Lending a Paw (go to Vigrid Roughland)
Level 30 – Full Grizzle Jacket (go to Mirkholm Keep)
Level 40 – The King and I (talk to Valgard GoldenBlade). He gives you “The Bigger They Are” (go to Nidavellier to defeat Jotun).

Then comes Ravenscar and Wintertusk. At the bottom of the link (above) with the quests listed, there is a section for Wintertusk quests. You can click on that for more details on Wintertusk.

So basically, when you finish Grizzleheim (including Ravenscar), then you will be sent to Wintertusk.

Hope this helped.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Angela Gem on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
You cannot go there until you finish Firecat Alley, Triton Avenue and Cyclops lane. After that you will be sent to Merle Ambrose to go to a couple places, and you will be sent to Krokotopia. You get Grizzleheim at Level 20. If you finish Grizzlehiem and are at least level 50, you can go to Wintertusk.

Good Luck Casting!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
You don't need to be level 50. I've been to Zafaria at level 59. It is recommended to be level 50.

Sean HawkHunter
Level 64

Survivor
Oct 11, 2013
how do i get the blood brother quest and who is it from

Brandon Storyrunner Level 51 Balance/Ice Wizard
i

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Brandon Storyrunne... on May 15, 2014 wrote:
how do i get the blood brother quest and who is it from

Brandon Storyrunner Level 51 Balance/Ice Wizard
i
It's the final quest in Ravenscar. Just follow the storyline in Ravenscar, after you have defeated the Gurtok demon and then the coven bosses, you're done. You'll talk to the king after then Ambrose will call you and send you back to talk to the king and Baldur and you'll be on your way.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
Haha, this might be bad, but I'm level 62 and I'm still in Grizzleheim. I haven't had the urge to complete it until I got stuck in ZF.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
you have to go through all of grizzleheim andi believe you get that quest in ravenscar. not sure though. i do know that wintertusk is difficult and only meant for higher level people. thats why its meant for level 40 and up. or else you would die so easily.

Daniel Legendflame Level 48

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
thorntears wrote:
You Might Need To Be level 40 Because The Monsters Are Harder. Sure It Will take a while, but it might want you to be ready for them.

-Cheyenne HawkTamer, Life, Level 36
Im a lever 63wizard. U should get the quest from a helephant in ravenscar.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
xHappilyDivergentx on Jun 5, 2011 wrote:
I'm on level 12 or 13 I think and i still never been to Colussues Baluvard. But I really want to go to wintertusk!
You won't be able to go for another 30 levels but even then wintertusk is hard the best level to even make it through wintertusk is 60-70, from my point of view. Hope I helped

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
How do i get to Wintertusk and the quest blood brother Plz help

- Elijah (lvl 36/37?) i need help!

P.S. Do I need to complete Grizzlehiem first? I am not far into it

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
How do I get the quest Blood Brother?

-Elijah lvl 36 plz help me

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Haydebmas12345 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

Yes, you must complete Grizzleheim first, then you are sent to Wintertusk.

This quest tree from one of the fansites lists all of the areas (showing level requirements too for each area), and at the end of it, they mention Ravenscar and Wintertusk:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Grizzleheim_Quest_Tree

It lists all of the quests in Grizzleheim. You can click on a quest there to get more details on it.

In Grizzleheim, you get access to different areas based on your level. For example, you can go to Vigrid Roughland at Level 25, if you finished the previous area.

This might help too:

Quests to Return to Grizzleheim:

Level 20 – Trade Voyage (go to Northguard and Savarstaad Pass)
Level 25 – Lending a Paw (go to Vigrid Roughland)
Level 30 – Full Grizzle Jacket (go to Mirkholm Keep)
Level 40 – The King and I (talk to Valgard GoldenBlade). He gives you “The Bigger They Are” (go to Nidavellier to defeat Jotun)

Then comes Ravenscar and Wintertusk.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
May 09, 2014
navybat103 on Jun 6, 2011 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
Wintertusk is tough that's why it is level 40 there is like rank 9 elite.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Ok, I'm almost done with Ravenscar, witch is in Grizzlehiem, and i can't defeat the fire oni. I want to know if there is a secret to defeating the oni. Tell me if there is!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
spykid222 on Jun 5, 2011 wrote:
I want to get to wintertusk too how do i get the quest? I am lvl 32.
Finish Ravenscar first

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
My sister recently just finished DS at level 45 she's moving on to celestia, she has done part of grizzlehiem most of wysteria but not triton underwater because I don't know how to get there nor does she.What is the quest that gets you to Triton underwater?

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
dwalikonis00 on Jun 4, 2011 wrote:
you can get the blood brother quest once you have reached lvl 40 and have completed the other three areas of grizzlehiem.
LEVEL 40?!?!??!?!?! That's gonna take awhile for me.

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
thorntears wrote:
You Might Need To Be level 40 Because The Monsters Are Harder. Sure It Will take a while, but it might want you to be ready for them.

-Cheyenne HawkTamer, Life, Level 36
I agree because I ma level 23 and I teleported to a friend in wintertusk one time and he was battling a rank 10 boss!!! I would have died if I was battling him all alone!!!

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Haydebmas12345 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

You have to finish the three areas in grizzleheim first and then you get a quea at level 40 telling you to go to wintertusk. p.s. you need to finish all of your quests in that one area before you move on to the next area.sabrina winterblade
leval 23

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
You get the blood brother quest from the helephant gurtok in the cinadel in ravenscar, which tells you to recover his blood, so there you have it

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
blood brother is from gurtok the helephant who needs his blood that you go find in a cave and fight these noobs and then you have finished the blood brother quest!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
You get so much XP in Wintertusk, but Grizzlehiem doesn't give you as much. I love Wintertusk, but it was a pain getting through Grizzlehiem

Survivor
Jan 03, 2012
I am ready to start wintertusk but I am not sure that I am a high enough level to start.
What would be a good level to start?

Austin winter wraith 48