Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get to Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2011
so if i have to be level40 i would not have a rank6 spell and there rank9 i don't know if i'm ready

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Jotun isn't that hard, if you put the extra time into killing his brothers first. When you go into his dungeon, he will say something like 'The fools think they can fight us all at once'. Something like that, it has been a while since I needed to fight him. :) BUT, each of his 8,000 health brothers are in the other dungeons. Their dungeons are not very hard. 2 people can cruise through fairly fast, and you need the books from them anyway. Kill each brother in his own dungeon, THEN go through Jotun's dungeon. He will only have the low level grendels with him then, so take them out fast and he will fall soon after. I used that method with my characters and had no trouble with only 2 people.
Hope that helps!

6 transcended wizards and growing!

imahuman1 wrote:

OH YEAH... I teleported to one of my friends and you have NO IDEA how hard those guys are. I was with 3 other people and it still took like 30 minutes to do 1 battle. That's all I stayed around for. The boss was like 10,000 and his 3 minions or whatever were 8,000!!!!!!!

Warning- I would either get 3 high Lvl friends (or other people) or hire 3 Lvl 50-70 henchmen. Actually, go with friends, Lvl 50-60 hencmen used to cost their Lvl number, but when they added Lvl 70, Lvl 50 is still 50, 60 is 100 and 70 is 200! Lvls 20- 50 are ok but not too powerful, especially in Wintertusk.

~Cheyenne Griffincaller, Level 35, Myth. :D

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
icebeamer123350 wrote:
MichaelZR wrote:
navybat103 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
Dude here grizzllhiem lvl 20 winter tusk lvl 40."

O.K. Wizard101 made the minimum level 40 for Wintertusk for reasons. At level 20-39, most schools don't have really great gear or spells. At level 42, it's a pretty decent level to get into Wintertusk because that's when you get new spells. You won't be able to fight in WT without a higher leveled person/group to help you. Also, Wintertusk is part of Grizzleheim's storyline. With GH, you can get up to 12-14 levels I think from all mainline quests and sides. And most people would start GH at the level 26/28 [i forget] because of the level 26/28 [still forgetting.. lol] spell. If you would be ANY level in Wintertusk, it'd be a HUGE disaster. Smaller wizards would just keep dying and dying in battle by huge attacks! We don't want that now do we(:. Personally, I have not gone to Wintertusk but I am planning to get there on my new Death wizard of 2 weeks, level 47. Just doing GH to get to Celestia, haha. Anyways, Wintertusk was made for levels 40+ but I would reccommend about lvl 45 or 50. I know this is a VERY late reply! Just got to this forum LOOOOL. didnt know this existed o.e. Anyways, good luck leveling!!

-Amber WaterBlossom~69(; Storm-- Veteran
-Brittany~68 Ice- Sergeant
-Jacqueline Mist~47 Death- no PvP
-Tara GoldBreeze~38 Ice- Sergeant
-Stephanie~30 Balance- Overlord
-Abigal NightGem~12 Ice- no PvP

~enjoying wizard101 while i can. quitting may12012. farewell

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
I just started wintertusk and it is hard. Good think I have crowns!!!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
i personally belive lvl 50 is when a player should attempt to fight in wintertusk. i'm lvl 51 and it is insane hard.the weakest enemies have nearly 2000 health and use very strong spells. also the exp is insane. lol i got 2000 exp to look at a boat. if low lvls went there they would lvl way to fast.

Oran GriffenCaller (lvl 51) conjurer

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
navybat103 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
well im level 33 and i cant get to wintertusk, so 40 seems legit

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Hint Hint you must be able to kill like rank 8 enemys to deserve to get in

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
Professor Greyrose wrote:
You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk.
no matter the odds laid out before me,I promise I'll do my best in wintertusk.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
I'm on level 12 or 13 I think and i still never been to Colussues Baluvard. But I really want to go to wintertusk!
just wait till your leval 20 or ask the dude on olde town that s a bear by the boat then you go but the tree in ravenwood is the tree thatget you ther

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I'm level 40, but I haven't completed the three ares? Is that when you beat grizzlehem, because I heard the takes a while.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I'm lvl 47 and I can't do the first fighting quest in wintertusk. I am ice like the frost bones you have to defeat but it shouldn't matter cause my secondary school is fire. I can't even defeat them when my brother is helping and he's fire. Does that mean I'm just not good at the game? :-o

Anna Frostheart lvl 47 ice

Anna Goldcatcher lvl 17 storm

Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
You need to beat Ravenscar before you can go to Wintertusk. To get to Ravenscar you need to be level 40 and have beaten all 3 parts of Grizzlehiem. Then the king will give you the quest to beat Jotun. When you beat him you can go to Ravenscar.

Sean Goldblood
Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Hello young wizard. To get to Wintertusk, The world of wonders. You have to contain the completion of Grizzleheim and MUST have completed the "Blood Brother" Quest also. I think you might need to have your grizzleheim spells.

For when you get to grizzleheim, I recommend for need of gold ace your way up to Vestrilund. That is where Halfang Bristlecrown and Asrik Widebelt are held in caves. They drop amulets, boots, athames, robes, hats, rings, wands, treasure cards, reagents and snacks. The amulets, boots, athames, robes, hats, rings and wands ranging from sell prices at the bazaar from 2,000 gold-13,000 gold.

Then, When you get to Wintertusk, I suggest you stack your deck like this.

Have a few heals here and there. (Satyr, Pixie, Etc.) And your highest rank school attack spells with blades, traps, enchants, spirit blades or elemental blades which are found from Niles (Balance Tree in KT-KP).. Your highest enchant, some of your lower rank spells, Kraken, Meteor Strike, Humongofrog, Stuff like that are pretty helpful with high enchants. Possibly some minions and converts when fighting bosses of the same school.

You must have friends to complete Wintertusk. It's hard for the newcomers and easy for the higher levels. So i suggest bring higher level friends with you to help quest. I got through Wintertusk pretty easily, I had a few legendary friends because at the time, Archmage and Trance didn't exist, So it was all I had.

Wintertusk Is fun and easy as long as you take my advice.
It took me about 2 weeks to finish, And now I farm it all the time.
Take my advice, Would ya? (:

Logan Green, Transcendent Theurgist.
Level 73 (Grumpy Warlord, One In A Million)

Bradley Hawk, (Currently Working) Adept Conjurer.
Level 22 (One In A Million)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
[quote=-Cheyenne HawkTamer, Life, Level 36 The monsters are rank 8-10.I suggest you atleast finished tree of life and have beaten Lothin Doombringer in the Vigrid Roughland Crypt

I've beaten Lothin Doombringer, and I wouldn't attempt it and I'm level 30.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
MichaelZR wrote:
Dude here grizzllhiem lvl 20 winter tusk lvl 40.
i was young when i said that sorry bro hope i didnt affend you

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
the real reason why you have to be a master is becuase in wintertusk has people with health like 2,000 and if you are level 20 or 30 you will die like on the third round and you cannot get past any quests hope this helped

Micheal deathblood
Level 46 balance wizard

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
dwalikonis00 on Jun 4, 2011 wrote:
you can get the blood brother quest once you have reached lvl 40 and have completed the other three areas of grizzlehiem.
Thanks i have always wondered when do i get to wintertusk i am almost a level 40 i am a lavel 35

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
spykid222 on Jun 5, 2011 wrote:
I want to get to wintertusk too how do i get the quest? I am lvl 32.
Ok den go talk 2 merle ambrose i curentley am lvl 19 can't wait to see whats in store

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
earthhealer on May 30, 2011 wrote:
were can i find the quest blood brother?
To get this quest you have to be at least level 40 and have completed all the areas in grizzleheim. I should warn you, if you go to wintertusk and complete it your wizard will be overleveled for the next world.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
Hi i'm a lvl 55 pyromancer and i'm still not in wintertusk i'm getting worried. Can someone help me
Diana Rubyblade Grandmaster Pyromancer.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
i am lvl 61 elestia nd i want to know how to get the quest blood brothers and i am almost done with celestia someone help

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
mage957 on Jun 9, 2011 wrote:
Lengendary Pyromancer - were can i find the quest blood brother?
Why have I not been invited to the Blood Brother Quest ??
i am legendary as well and i have not been invited to the quest or even heard of it i have like a boss or to left in celestia and i really want in celestia and i really want to go wintertusk! Some one please help!