Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get to Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
MichaelZR wrote:
navybat103 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
Dude here grizzllhiem lvl 20 winter tusk lvl 40.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
I'm on level 12 or 13 I think and i still never been to Colussues Baluvard. But I really want to go to wintertusk!

once your lelvel twenty, you'll be allowed in grizelheim (SO spelled wrong) once you have compleated that you'll be allowed to enter wintertusk (don't feel bad, I'm not in wintertusk eather.)

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
a grendle gives u the quest

Master Pyromancer, level 44, AllisonDawnbringer

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
guys listen just face it the easyist way do your quest. it is super simple. :D :) i won't be back to answer your questions sorry :(

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
wizardvader123 wrote:
does anybody know how to even get the blood brothers quest

Okay for anyone who hasn't received the Blood Brothers quest - I had the same problem. I was a level 60 and had finished (I thought) all quests in GH. For some reason, I was never given the Blood Brothers quest and actually had to find it on my own. Anyway - you need to go to Ravenscar and then go to the Glacial Wastes (the entire area covered in ice - check your map). Once there, you have to head towards the house (actually the Coven house). To the right of the house there is a cave - if you go into the cave, the Barrier Demon will be there who will give you the quest to set him free. This is the Blood Brothers quest. Good Luck!

Survivor
May 27, 2011
navybat103 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.

Probably the only reason you have to wait until level 40 is because Wintertusk is an extreamly hard area, even for me and I'm 8 levels past 40. I have to have friends with me every time I go there. My name is Destiny Fireflame. I am a level 48 pyromancer.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
navybat103 wrote:

Well, i do agree with that, but, you cant get passed level 13 that easily. You cant even get to krokotopia with out a membership. :-o

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
dwalikonis00 wrote:
you can get the blood brother quest once you have reached lvl 40 and have completed the other three areas of grizzlehiem.
thx man i'm level 47 but i havent finished mirkholm keep again thx :) :) :) :)

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Wait, do I have to finish the main quest of Grizzlehiem? Or just do random quests until I get "Blood Brother"? Please answer the question :3

Kenneth Night Level 47 Sorcerer
Kenneth ShadowBlade Level 57 Necromancer
Kenneth LifeBringer Level 25 Theurgist
Kenneth Ice Level 6 Thamaturge
Kenneth ThunderSpear Level 12 Diviner
Kenneth DragonFist Level 10 Pyromancer

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I am on lvl 10 storm wizard and i want to get to wintertusk i know you have to get the blood brother quest (i think that is what it is called) but who di i vs in the quest?!?! plz help p.s. you can port to ppeople there. :)

Wolf stormcloud lvl 10 storm 8)

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
kyoyaleone wrote:
i agree with the one and only post so far where and what level can you get the blood brother quest becuase i know that grizzleheim is devided into areas at and only can be opened at certain levels

Ok so idk where you get the quest but I can help you. I am a legendary wizard of storm and I beat Wintertusk twice on 2 of my wizards. All I know is that Wintertusk is a dangerous area that low level wizards should not try. I am suggesting to fight in Wintertusk at about levels 40-55. Cause at the beginning the first monsters you must fight are skeletons with like 1,915 health. You'd expect a magus to kill them easy? 2 at once? I don't think so.

So anyways since Wintertusk is very hard I'd say beat Grizzleheim completely so you wont have to worry which quest it was. Who knows maybe it is the last quest in Grizzleheim. I don't know for sure but I do know I beat it on 4 of my wizards. You'd expect me to know because of how I beat it so many times. Now let's start with the obvious. Answer these questions to yourself and you tell ME where to get the quest Blood Brother. Reply to the following below to figure out where to get the quest:

(1) What level is appropriate to battle the Wintertusk Skeletons?

(2) Where in Grizzleheim does it sound like the quest would come from? (Hints: Savarstaad Pass, Vigrid Roughlund, Ravenscar, Throneroom, Mirkholm Keep, etc... not much etc though :P)

(3) Is this quest related to a person in Grizzleheim you think might have the quest, or do you think this quest sounds like where you would find bloody brothers in caves. (FYI:These are not real answers just questions.)

So answer those 3 questions to yourself and reply back. This might help you and everyone else who reads it. If I find out I'll let you know. Plus, try looking up on youtube to see if anyone is completing the quest. Type in: W101 Blood Brother Quest. If nothing brings up try Google. If that doesn't work either then wait to see if I reply again. Hope this helps you and all the others who were stuck on this question.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
navybat103 wrote:

If you're a paid member, you can go everywhere, just only by porting. If wizard101 let you go anywhere as soon as you joined, there would be not point to have quests, as you unlocked every area. And besides, if you weren't at least level 40, you'd lose to every enemy.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
I beat the game I have to say those quest are easy I hope everybody enjoys wintetusk& grizzleheim!!

My name is Ellie Lvl-50 Ice Wizard!!

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
navybat103 wrote:

Its not wasting your money that is rude to kingsisle there other worlds your live doesnt depend on wintertusk the other worlds are fun

Jacob Goldsword lvl 47

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
for all of you who are wondering where you get the blood brother and from who, well i'm going to tell you. you get the blood brother quest in ravenscar from the gurtok barrier demon. for more information, type this in your search box: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/quest:blood_brother

hope this helps!

john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 20 adept necromancer

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I'm on level 12 or 13 I think and i still never been to Colussues Baluvard. But I really want to go to wintertusk!
Trust me u dont wanna go in there at lvl 12 or 13

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
kyoyaleone wrote:
Rider9999 wrote:
Ok whoever is wondering how to get to wintertusk just read this,you first have to reach level 20 so you can get to grizzlehiem after this follow all the main quests which will lead you to blood brother you must be level 40 to get into this dungeon. You will have to defeat 4 raven brothers trying to in slave grizzlehiem in a cold never ending winter. Each of these brothers have about 4'000 health. When you complete this quest you should talk to the person you need to talk too and then after they give you your reward you should not get another quest. After this go to Merle Ambrose's office and you should get a quest to talk to the king of grizzlehiem in NorthGuard. He will tell you that a huge area of grizzlehiem has been frozen which means that the ravens have completed their goal to freeze grizzlehiem. After this you should get a quest to talk to the bear in olde town of wizard city and he should take you to wintertusk. Good Luck fellow wizards! :D
but who is the person with the quest thats we need to know and we can do the rest
ya its a mess up in the game on mine i got to the part where the bear in olde town would take me to wintertusk but when i get to him he has nothing for me :x and he called me he just said the same "are lands are now linked you must be 20th lvl to go to grizzelheim and i am 41 and it wont let me go to wintertusk i did all the steps he calls me and nothing he says the same always i tried like 20 times he wont let me go!

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
after you are done with grizzlehiem you get your quest for wintertusk :) :)

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk.

I still havent been to ravenscar, but i have the quest to defeat Jotun. Will i have ravenscar after or wintertusk after?

-Angela DuneBreeze, Ice, Level 46

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Defender
May 17, 2011

here is a secret way to level up: teleport to a high level friend when he is dueling a boss. then, help him beat it. you will gain tons of experince from this, i can promis you that :)

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk.
how do i get the blood brother quest

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
I talked to the king and I'm on the quest for Jotun. Is that anywhere close?
Yes your getting closer you might say next you do ravenscar thats the Coven with the 4 brothers AFTER you do that and speak to the king then seek winter tusk the ways spoken of on this board.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
it tacking to log to get to wintertusk is ther a way to get ther faster ? :D