Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the insane bolt spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
um this isnt a bug i am just suggesting something i see that insane bolt odds of self destruction are only 20 percent but i get hit more than i did my math see out of 40 bolts only 8 should hit me but i got hit 30 times out of 40 meaning only 10 bolts work and i want the chance lowered to only 5 percent or no self destruction at all or lower the self destruction damage to half the damage meaning 500 and lower the accuracy to 60 and NOT change it to storm damage if not star damage just a thought cause it would look cooler when people resist and you see the star symbol but anyway take note to this and consider my idea please i am storm and i think its unfair that i got hit 30 times out of 40 when i really should have only gotten hit 8 would even accept 10 but 30 is too much
and another thought bring back wild bolt to how it used to be and uh if you decide to lower the self destruction damage to 400 or 500 do NOT make the self destruction damage too high either cause thats still unfair and do NOT make it no pvp like beguile cause when you did that to beguile you really messed it up to be honest consider my idea please

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Suggestions belong in The Dorms forum.

Where is it stated by KingsIsle that Insane Bolt is only supposed to hit the caster 20% of the time?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
blaze1070 wrote:
um this isnt a bug i am just suggesting something i see that insane bolt odds of self destruction are only 20 percent but i get hit more than i did my math see out of 40 bolts only 8 should hit me but i got hit 30 times out of 40 meaning only 10 bolts work and i want the chance lowered to only 5 percent or no self destruction at all or lower the self destruction damage to half the damage meaning 500 and lower the accuracy to 60 and NOT change it to storm damage if not star damage just a thought cause it would look cooler when people resist and you see the star symbol but anyway take note to this and consider my idea please i am storm and i think its unfair that i got hit 30 times out of 40 when i really should have only gotten hit 8 would even accept 10 but 30 is too much
for 2 pips you can do 1000 damage. that is why it needs the possibility of self destruction. you're not supposed to use it all the time. if you do, you'll get hit a lot. it's fine the way it is, in my opinion. -eli and crew

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
blaze1070 wrote:
for 2 pips you can do 1000 damage. that is why it needs the possibility of self destruction. you're not supposed to use it all the time. if you do, you'll get hit a lot. it's fine the way it is, in my opinion. -eli and crew

my balance hits 1000 on one power pip

Armiger
May 10, 2010
colagada wrote:

Where is it stated by KingsIsle that Insane Bolt is only supposed to hit the caster 20% of the time?

Professor Greyrose stated in another post about insane bolt that you have the possibility of self destruction 20% of the time!

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
colagada wrote:

With that amount of posts I would at least think you would have checked the update notes before posting...

But just to clarify KI DO state that it should only hit 20% a statistic which I find hard to believe.

"The odds of self-destructing with the Insane Bolt spell are 20%"

And here's the link
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/may2011

Enjoy! :D