Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

RA - The slowest animation in the game!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The first time you watch Ra walk out and pose, it's pretty cool

The 50th time you sit and watch while he poses slowly and burns each target one at a time, it's tedious

After that, when you see Ra, you wince and find something else to do till he gets finished.

Can something PLEASE be done to speed him up? Maybe have him pose once then just move around the circle to show a blast of light on each target instead of showing him all over again each time or something?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

The 50th time you sit and watch while he poses slowly and burns each target one at a time, it's tedious

After that, when you see Ra, you wince and find something else to do till he gets finished.

Can something PLEASE be done to speed him up? Maybe have him pose once then just move around the circle to show a blast of light on each target instead of showing him all over again each time or something?

I agree, but I still believe Forest Lord and Enraged Forest Lord are the slowest.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
They don't take anymore time that Snow Angel or Leviathan, or Storm Lord for that matter.

I like the animations when I cast Ra or Forest Lord. They're nifty to watch every time, IMHO :)

Iridian/Rowan

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It can be a little boring once of you seen it before like however many times but, there are other low level wizards that havent really seen it, you know if your at the arena or in a lower level area and use it. And the lower level wizards go Oh thats so coool!! So while it can be a little hard to watch over and over there are some people that really want to see all of it.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010

Couldn't agree more!

I was about to post something myself about it actually. I just got level 60 on my balance recently and I can't stand the spell, it should lift up the staff and let the sun go through the magnifying glass just once then move around like all other spells do.

I also agree that Forest Lord is a little too long with the animation before but this is ok because it only does it once every time you hit, not 4 times!

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
They don't take anymore time that Snow Angel or Leviathan, or Storm Lord for that matter.

I like the animations when I cast Ra or Forest Lord. They're nifty to watch every time, IMHO :)

Iridian/Rowan
I know they are my faverit spells

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I agree. I use nova blast more than Ra partly because of how long Ra takes, partly cause it adds weakness on the enemies. sometimes i wish i could run off and do a pet game or something while Ra is doing his thing. same with forest lord. -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I was thinking the same thing the tenth time I saw it. Maybe it could be sped up a little. Link, a fire spell, has slowed down quite a bit and has come to annoy me lately with minion always casting it.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:

Iridian/Rowan

Leviathan and Storm Lord are way faster.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
mman17 wrote:

I agree, but I still believe Forest Lord and Enraged Forest Lord are the slowest.
No, Ra is a little longer, and besides, at least there is some action going on in forest lord rather than watching a man-eagle take 5 seconds to pose then 5 more seconds to flambe each enemy at a time.