Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Idk if this really should be in pvp but i putting here because, pvp is where you see spritely all the time. I dont get it really why is it any kind of pet can get spritely even if its not life school. I mean even death pets can use it. I really like how pets are interactive and can actually help you out now but i think we should make the spells more towards the school of the pet.

Plus when the pet casting spritely triggers the pet to cast spritely again i dont mind it, it just makes the match really long.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Idk if this really should be in pvp but i putting here because, pvp is where you see spritely all the time. I dont get it really why is it any kind of pet can get spritely even if its not life school. I mean even death pets can use it. I really like how pets are interactive and can actually help you out now but i think we should make the spells more towards the school of the pet.

Plus when the pet casting spritely triggers the pet to cast spritely again i dont mind it, it just makes the match really long.

Like KI states, a Pet can be the Wizards best friend......

Joseph.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:

Spritely works extremely well and is active in actual game play as well. I wish may cast pierce would work as well as pierce is very unreliable given that it doesn't go off much when you are actively trying to get it to go off by casting trops at your shielded target (it works sometimes but I think it should have a higher chance of working than it currently does).

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The awnser is simple, When you decide to hatch, you are not only trying for a possible hybrid or different pet, but you are trying to combine talents. That is the whole part of the Hatching process, to better the talents of pets.

If you take away the ability to trade talents and combine them on pets, then you might as well scratch the whole hatching process, because it would truly be pointless!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Best way to deal with enemy pets that cast spritely 3 times in two turns, (almost as annoying as someone bolting the entire match -__-)

Try to keep your defenses up and not hit until you can combo your hits, and make the combo back to back stacked hits. Hard to do, but the best way to slow down the usefulness of spritely.

Infection doesn't cut it anymore, train life dispel! It works wonders. It really really does.l It forces your opponent to focus on attacking and less on healing, even when a pet has spritely. At most you shouldn't need more than 2 life dispels in a fight. At least, in the matches I won, I never needed more than two, plus an infection, in which case hope your opponent doesn't get a critical heal >_<

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
The awnser is simple, When you decide to hatch, you are not only trying for a possible hybrid or different pet, but you are trying to combine talents. That is the whole part of the Hatching process, to better the talents of pets.

If you take away the ability to trade talents and combine them on pets, then you might as well scratch the whole hatching process, because it would truly be pointless!

I would be completely fine if it was actual hatching but the fault is its not, i checked various pets and didnt do anything they were drops or bought. Little test of mine i used a star fish, a jellyfish pet whatever its called, the sea dragon, and the fierce hound. They all had spritely yet none of them were of the life school.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I would be completely fine if it was actual hatching but the fault is its not, i checked various pets and didnt do anything they were drops or bought. Little test of mine i used a star fish, a jellyfish pet whatever its called, the sea dragon, and the fierce hound. They all had spritely yet none of them were of the life school.

You are right, the sea dragon, the star fish, the jelly fish, and sea turtle are not all life pets, however, they are celestian pets! Meaning, they have a higher technology and advancement to normal pets.

Sea Dragon is a universal pet, it has abilities that anyone can use. Using this pet to hatch with other pets to make the Million Dollar Pet, is an excellent way to get the talents one desires.

Everyone can get these talents, they are not strictly to one person, but you have to work for them, train for them, and earn the right to have these talents on the pets of your choice.

If you have a problem with a persons pet, in PvP or PvE, I suggest you train your own pet, or find a way in PvP to defeat a person with said pet.

In no way, does this unbalance the game, or make anything unfair. Whine, cry, complain all you want, but it does not change the fact, that if you wanted a pet with these talents, you could get one.

Why complain and try and change what is great about the game? Think harder and be smarter with your spells!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

You are right, the sea dragon, the star fish, the jelly fish, and sea turtle are not all life pets, however, they are celestian pets! Meaning, they have a higher technology and advancement to normal pets.

Sea Dragon is a universal pet, it has abilities that anyone can use. Using this pet to hatch with other pets to make the Million Dollar Pet, is an excellent way to get the talents one desires.

Everyone can get these talents, they are not strictly to one person, but you have to work for them, train for them, and earn the right to have these talents on the pets of your choice.

If you have a problem with a persons pet, in PvP or PvE, I suggest you train your own pet, or find a way in PvP to defeat a person with said pet.

In no way, does this unbalance the game, or make anything unfair. Whine, cry, complain all you want, but it does not change the fact, that if you wanted a pet with these talents, you could get one.

Why complain and try and change what is great about the game? Think harder and be smarter with your spells!

I'm not complaining about it, its quite the opposite. Mixing Pets doesnt do anything now because its such a universal thing... It should be much harder to get pets to the way you want them to be because pet hatching has no point then if any pet can get the best talents. I do level up my pets and when i started on my othrus on my myth, and my collosus on my ice i liked that my orthrus only got talents that a myth should have so did my collosus because thats how it should have been. And what are you talking about technology??? Just because you disagree with something doesnt mean its whining dart. I believe strictly that pets talents should be made more realistic... The defense is that you can hatch and stuff but you dont have to know a days... every pet has it, my arguement to change is so pet hatching becomes a lot more common

Armiger
May 10, 2010
In no way did you pass that off in your post. It sounded like you were complaining about hatching and talents. That only life pets should get spritely, that is what it sounded like.

Anyway, Celestia is an advanced technology alien race. Their pets are more advanced and have better talents, that is what I meant by that!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
In no way did you pass that off in your post. It sounded like you were complaining about hatching and talents. That only life pets should get spritely, that is what it sounded like.

Anyway, Celestia is an advanced technology alien race. Their pets are more advanced and have better talents, that is what I meant by that!

Yes it does Dart... Honestly i dont mind your opinion but when you make an accusation about me because of just my own idea thats different.. Isnt there a whole new subject sticky about that PvP within the message boards??

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Yes it does Dart... Honestly i dont mind your opinion but when you make an accusation about me because of just my own idea thats different.. Isnt there a whole new subject sticky about that PvP within the message boards??

I am not making accusations, I am challenging your opinion. I want to know your reasons that spritely should only belong on life pets. I want to know why you say some things you do. If you can't handle criticism or someone questioning your post, thoughts, or opinions, then why do you post them?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
... It should be much harder to get pets to the way you want them to be because pet hatching has no point then if any pet can get the best talents. I do level up my pets and when i started on my othrus on my myth, and my collosus on my ice i liked that my orthrus only got talents that a myth should have so did my collosus because thats how it should have been. And what are you talking about technology??? Just because you disagree with something doesnt mean its whining dart. I believe strictly that pets talents should be made more realistic... The defense is that you can hatch and stuff but you dont have to know a days... every pet has it, my arguement to change is so pet hatching becomes a lot more common

Thorvon65,

Ignoring the friendly debate you have going on with Darthjt, I strongly disagree wth the first line in the above statement. I expect that I have over 70 hatches (I know I have more, but I stopped recording after 70) to my (dis) credit, just trying to get the talents that I want. To date, I have been unable to get the exact talents that I want in my Dog.
I am not talking about the Derby Pet Talents, but the standard Pet talents you want for general PvP and PvE.

Let me explain my point of view on this, and anyone can jump in and correct me.
You have ten Pet Talents each in the Parents, and each has a genetic value.
I am ignoring the Derby talents in the example, as I want to keep this simple.
Lets say, I have a Dragon with a Genetic of 72 and a Dog of 43.
Lets say I hatch them, and I get a dog, but it's genetic line is now 59.
We have added 16 talent points. Now, you know you get two talents from the Original dog and two from the Sea Dragon, but you have no idea where the rest will come from. It could be a blend or most from the Sea Dragon, you don't know exactly.
Most will come from the Sea Dragon, as you know you need enough to make up for the 16 added genetics points.

Ok, so know I have a mix, but I don't know what the mix is.

A code is generated that has already selected what Talents will be selected.
I don't have access to the code, plus I can't tell what talents the new pet now has.

As I start to bring up my Pet, I have no idea which talents will be selected from the mix of the ten Talents. It could be nothing I want, or it could be two or three items that I want and one I absolutely don't want.

You have no control, you cant hatch with a pet that has Spritely and expect to get spritely. You cannot breed pets, the way you would breed a real dog, it doesn't work that way.

So when you say it should be harder, I absolutely disagree, it should be easier and you should have some control over something. As it is, you really have no control over anything....

Any corrections more than welcome.

Joseph.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
I just wish spritely could only be cast once every turn. Or just cut the animation.

I know, right. Almost every battle I am in with other Legendary wizards there are like 4 or more Spritely spells cast... I get dizzy watching the turn marker spin around and around.
Oh wait, is that a whine? Did that come accross like I was whinning? :D

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I am not making accusations, I am challenging your opinion. I want to know your reasons that spritely should only belong on life pets. I want to know why you say some things you do. If you can't handle criticism or someone questioning your post, thoughts, or opinions, then why do you post them?

Dart yours is not critism, its just calling people complainers. I myself want the game to be a little more challenging. Ever since spritely came out any pet can get it. I think going back to how original pet stats worked out. If the talent was life a life pet should get it. And if you mix thats great because your working to make a pet that suits your interests. Whats the fun in it if you just go to celestia get a pet drop and automatically have tons of different school talents. If you want to disagree, you can disagree. But just mindless ranting and calling people whiners isnt challenging. Which is why unless you give a real response i'll discredit your arguement.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
why is the sea dragon fire anyway? some of the pets' schools don't fully make sense. i mean, it doesn't matter to me if off school pets get spritely or not- i actually don't want all of my pets to get it. it seems to me that these celestial pets should be of a celestial school, because looking at the sea dragon as a fire pet, i never expected it to give universal accuracy and damage and all that. it is a little elusive. but i love hatching the critter with other pets to get great talents on the pets that don't look so silly. -eli and crew

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Dart yours is not critism, its just calling people complainers. I myself want the game to be a little more challenging. Ever since spritely came out any pet can get it. I think going back to how original pet stats worked out. If the talent was life a life pet should get it. And if you mix thats great because your working to make a pet that suits your interests. Whats the fun in it if you just go to celestia get a pet drop and automatically have tons of different school talents. If you want to disagree, you can disagree. But just mindless ranting and calling people whiners isnt challenging. Which is why unless you give a real response i'll discredit your arguement.

First off, not any pet has the ability to get spritely. You do have to hatch in order to get that talent on most pets. Which IS going back to how original pet stats worked out!

Life pets do have this talent! Celestia is an advanced culture, they are simply more advanced, which is why the sea dragon has generic talents. Also, getting this drop is not as easy as 1,2,3. Although, for a price, you can get one at the crown shop.

As for the rest of your post, I will leave that alone, because there is no use in an arguement. I am simply replying to you and disagreeing with your statements.

In closing, I will state this. When you state something that is false, then you are complaining and not making an actual case.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

First off, not any pet has the ability to get spritely. You do have to hatch in order to get that talent on most pets. Which IS going back to how original pet stats worked out!

Life pets do have this talent! Celestia is an advanced culture, they are simply more advanced, which is why the sea dragon has generic talents. Also, getting this drop is not as easy as 1,2,3. Although, for a price, you can get one at the crown shop.

As for the rest of your post, I will leave that alone, because there is no use in an arguement. I am simply replying to you and disagreeing with your statements.

In closing, I will state this. When you state something that is false, then you are complaining and not making an actual case.

Dart its not complaining if you dont wanna believe then please dont post because seems it impossible for you to get this. Its not because celestia has technology advanced bio chemical engineered pets or whatever your arguement is. It should be based on pedigree, hatching, and the type of pet it is.