Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"That Area is Closed Now. Try again later."

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Yesterday, I was helping my dad in a dungeon in Dragonsypre and when we completed it, it said to talk to someone in the balista. (I think) Anyway my dad went thru the exit just fine and when I tried it said "That area is closed right now. Try again later". After the message disappeared, it let me thru. This has also happened in other worlds of the spiral. Can someone tell me why it says this. :).

David DarkFlame Lv 60 Fire

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
Yesterday, I was helping my dad in a dungeon in Dragonsypre and when we completed it, it said to talk to someone in the balista. (I think) Anyway my dad went thru the exit just fine and when I tried it said "That area is closed right now. Try again later". After the message disappeared, it let me thru. This has also happened in other worlds of the spiral. Can someone tell me why it says this. :).

Send in a ticket to Support, or e-mail Mr. Lincoln, good luck!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You tried to zone into an area that wasn't completely downloaded yet. Your dad's computer likely already had the files downloaded, so he had no issues. The game cues up files to download at set intervals to prevent that from happening, but if you port to a friend or zone into areas outside of your own quest line, that usually happens.

Example: If a level 6 wizard ports to a friend in Celestia and has never been to Celestia before on that account/computer, then the same wait message will appear.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
KN1GHT69 wrote:

sounds like you're trying to enter an area that you haven't downloaded yet. If you don't have the basic files on your machine, it can't display stuff so it won't let you enter the area till they download all the way.

next time you get that message, look in the top left corner and see if you see downloading going on

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
No, that is an internet connectivity issue. When my internet is really laggy, it will give me that message. It will happen even when I try to play pet games as well.

Sometimes error will lead to "cannot find your zone, connected too long? quit or exit" even though I just logged on.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
kingurz wrote:
You tried to zone into an area that wasn't completely downloaded yet. Your dad's computer likely already had the files downloaded, so he had no issues. The game cues up files to download at set intervals to prevent that from happening, but if you port to a friend or zone into areas outside of your own quest line, that usually happens.

Example: If a level 6 wizard ports to a friend in Celestia and has never been to Celestia before on that account/computer, then the same wait message will appear.

No. The message you get when an area isn't downloaded yet is a different one. The 'area closed' message is normally due to a glitch or bug and should be reported every time you see it.

If you now how to attach log and dxdiag files to your report, that may be worht doing.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MadLogician wrote:
kingurz wrote:

No. The message you get when an area isn't downloaded yet is a different one. The 'area closed' message is normally due to a glitch or bug and should be reported every time you see it.

If you now how to attach log and dxdiag files to your report, that may be worht doing.

Ahh, that error message. Yes, I get that one a lot at the pet pavilion (entering the mini games) which I assume is from the lag in internet communication. If I try to load that zone within a min. it works just fine again.