Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enraged Forest Lord at 60% Accuracy?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Of the Level 58 pet spells I have seen so far, it seems only Enraged Forest Lord suffers an accuracy penalty. It's at 60% vs. 90% for all other life spells. Is this a glitch? It's sure a disincentive to equip the pet.

Patrick Summergrove
Legendary Life

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
jhsbear1 wrote:
Of the Level 58 pet spells I have seen so far, it seems only Enraged Forest Lord suffers an accuracy penalty. It's at 60% vs. 90% for all other life spells. Is this a glitch? It's sure a disincentive to equip the pet.

Patrick Summergrove
Legendary Life

No, it is supposed to be there. It would be too powerful if the accuracy was 90%, with 700-800 damage to all enemies, in life, and +25% Lifetrap to all enemies. I mean, that's ridiculously powerful attacking.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Is not a glitch the spell was meant to be 60% accuracy but it can cast most of the time.

The Kraken pet gives a Berzerk Kraken card with 40% accuracy and it Fizzles all the time.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Patrick Summergrove, this is exactly what i thought! It's wrong for life to have a card with accuracy worse then a storm spell. :| They NEED to at least raise the accuracy to 75% in my opinion. life is not supposed to suffer from accuracy that is how it was made to be. Not a silly 60%. Plus, i do not see ANY of the other school pets having lower accuracy. even though life is getting the only legendary pet it's not fair to have SUCH lower accuracy. Or maybe you should have just not given us the pet. even though i usually never fizzle when i use it, i do sometimes when i really need it to work! It gets very frustrating. And i do not have my legendary gear yet so i don't have any raised accuracy from clothes. But lucky for me my pet learned life shot. These pets should always be given this because of that horrible accuracy Alyssa DragonStone, Legendary Life

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
What I don't like is that it is eight pips to cast. When you get the hybrid mix and you aren't life, it makes the card useless unless you get the life amulet.

ellie

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Even the crafted 55 gear with a +15 to accuracy only makes it cast 75% of the time. Swing and miss on this pet KI; but i will use the pet as a foot warmer for my bed.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
But my new pet, Baby Oscar, can certainly dance! I wish I could name him "Disco Wookie".

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
But my new pet, Baby Oscar, can certainly dance! I wish I could name him "Disco Wookie".

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist

Lol!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
mman17 wrote:
jhsbear1 wrote:

Patrick Summergrove
Legendary Life

No, it is supposed to be there. It would be too powerful if the accuracy was 90%, with 700-800 damage to all enemies, in life, and +25% Lifetrap to all enemies. I mean, that's ridiculously powerful attacking.

I invested training in Star School, and can boost to Gargantuan. This means I can cast a STRONGER 90% accurate Forest Lord than the pet's card. That settles it - he's my new butler. I'll equip some other pet.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
I have so debated starting this thread cause it does seem odd to be life and have a spell worse then storm as far as accuracy. I wanted to ensure I was correct in assuming it was the worst. I've seen the kraken go plenty of times without fizz but my forest lord has fizzed at least half the time.

Accuracy is something missing on life gear too so making a 40% berzerk kraken more likely to succeed over a 60% enraged forest lord. 800 damage to all opponents is not OP since it can not be enchanted. I mean a 4 pip tidal wave can deal much more damage then the 8 pip EFL.

But of course life is OP I mean we can heal! Who else can do that..,oh yeah everyone.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Can we all spare with the too powerful line.

If there is anything in this game that tips the scales it "supercharge" and gear damage that reached 90%.

So what life has TWO good attack spells TWO! Why can we at least get a pet with the same unboosted damage and more accuracy. Because UNLIKE storm or elemental wizards we get none in our gear. Its either pips or accuracy! That is the choice, so why are we hobbled by this "balance" question and why is KIs decision to make the pet weaker in a why that it becomes useless?

Please no responses to that does not answer reasonably the question i am asking. I am not looking for a fight, I would like an honestly conversation on this in which KI can elaborate.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
Can we all spare with the too powerful line.

If there is anything in this game that tips the scales it "supercharge" and gear damage that reached 90%.

So what life has TWO good attack spells TWO! Why can we at least get a pet with the same unboosted damage and more accuracy. Because UNLIKE storm or elemental wizards we get none in our gear. Its either pips or accuracy! That is the choice, so why are we hobbled by this "balance" question and why is KIs decision to make the pet weaker in a why that it becomes useless?

Please no responses to that does not answer reasonably the question i am asking. I am not looking for a fight, I would like an honestly conversation on this in which KI can elaborate.

Again, I agree that it makes no sense. Storm has more accuracy than us with all their waterworks gear, and their base damage is much much higher, as well as their gear damage. My max life damage% with armor(no pet) is only 69% while storm can reach high 70%'s. I do think they should take this into consideration. Also, on every pendant, we get some sort of heal. All of the crafted pendants is a heal. Storm gets supercharge item card that stacks with the regular one. oh REAL FAIR. I mean, life is getting the short end of the stick here, now that storm has high attack AND resist to compensate the low life.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Yeah, sorry KI but enraged forest lord doesn't cut it. I'm pretty sure there are no storm lord or leviathan pets but still, as I know of we're the only school with a pet that gets a card we were completely cheated out of it's usefulness in. If there was a leviathan pet they wouldn't lower its accuracy (and therefore it's usefulness) like they did EFL. If they ever thought of lowering the accuracy the most they should have dropped it to was 80% but instead they chose to make us have the worst accuracy of any of the new pets' spells (including the storm one). All the other normal lvl 58 spells do more damage than our beefed up one with better accuracy too. So what does that make EFL? useless

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
How can you guys not like your new pet lol? Look at ice we got a spell that already exisists basically they took frostbite and gave it wyvern cast animation not only that it costs an extra pip. I would trade it any day for a 60% accuracy Snow angel or frost giant.. Although i do love how the wyvern is so hyper and always dancing and stuff.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Well, i guess his terrible accuracy explains why he's so enraged. or is it supposed to be the other way around? -valerian daisytamer, master theurgist (and crew)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
For 60% accuracy, they should swap the effects around. Trap first, then hit

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
jhsbear1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
jhsbear1 wrote:

Patrick Summergrove
Legendary Life

I invested training in Star School, and can boost to Gargantuan. This means I can cast a STRONGER 90% accurate Forest Lord than the pet's card. That settles it - he's my new butler. I'll equip some other pet.

Me too, I've done the same thing, but other people haven't.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Johnist wrote:
For 60% accuracy, they should swap the effects around. Trap first, then hit

I agree with that.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Berzerk Kraken only has 40% accuracy?

No wonder he fizzles that spell all the time...

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Berzerk Kraken only has 40% accuracy?

No wonder he fizzles that spell all the time...

ok again (and i hate this) i am a storm legend and a life and a ice and all but myth.

I have all the school pets (not myth) and they are all cool death is nice the card isnt powerful (can be boosted higher) but its still basically the same card. And while Storm pet is just silly kraken (i didnt expect it to have accuaray) its storm! Ice pet is cool, and the new spell is better than the original (even if it is like another two spells). The balance has the best peds and the new card is interesting if useful at all. And the phoenix is awsome. But while life's new pet is visually all the rage. Its almost never used as a fighting pet and if it is its because the talents surpass the pet.

As it stands however, the life pet card is an impossible feat. How can one weild a spell that requires great accuarcy from a school that provides none in gear.

And really that is the bottom line isnt it. How can you shot a target if all you have is are bullets and your hands? you cant. Please provide our pets with the means of being useful. I would rather a spell that was lower in damage than in accuracy after all we are life, the game already pushes us to heal and be the Nurse of all wizards, how only now ask us to join them so they can can fight while we (life) heal.

With the new spells I though wow another attack finally not just another way to be a servant to other wizards while they bravely fight [bonkers] and we happily heal them. We can fight our selves on equal footing, right?

Wrong you now think LIFE is too powerful, really? If I am wrong and you are not trying to turn us into the helpful little sprites, then stop acting like we can't have a spell that is normally without the world of balance has gone haywire! Because lets be frank, even as storm I find supercharge riculously too powerful. talk about balance. Did the pvp people think this was ok since storm isnt likely to get new pips? They would be wrong in the assumption, all it takes is to wear the old gear celetia gear which may not protect as much but when you are storm you kill longe before you worry about their attack.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
it is preatty fair to have a forest lord pet 60 accurcy even if it fizzles a lot but who cares look at storm level 20 you fizzle all the time us level 20 we pwn we pwn! it is preatty fair just to tell you because we hardly ever fizzle plus we have guidince the plus 10 accury card to add to forest lord but one thing i do think that they should make the forest lord at lest 70-80 accurcy at lest!

by jason earthspear

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
jhsbear1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
jhsbear1 wrote:

Patrick Summergrove
Legendary Life

Exactly.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, first off, let me explain something to everyone...

Forest Lord has a lower accuracy because when it hits, not only does it do the damage the Forest Lord spell does, but it casts a 25% attack boost to all life spells...

It gives life an attack bubble, one that only 1 other pet has given life...

So, my question is, why do people, when given more already, do they still question and complain, rather than accept it? Everyone wants their cake, to eat it to, and eat everyone elses cake at the same time...

Here, have a cookie, it will make you feel better...

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
i hate the accuracy for enraged forest lord, 60% srsly i think at least its a 70% because storm lord is better than it, come on KI that was a bad idea with forest lord i know i'm a ice wizard but i got inferno beast pet i love the card and the pet but on the card make it 70% and not 60% plz