Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

merle ambrose in austrilund?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Hey, so I completed Wintertusk on my legendary life guy and got bored, so I started a new fire character. As I came across quests that had me go talk to Merle, it said his location was in Austrilund. This also happened with Sabrina Greenstar. It says talk to Sabrina Greenstar in Austrilund above the xp bar. It should say talk to Sabrina Greenstar in the Commons. It isn't really a problem for me because I have completed this game many times before, but does this occur for new players? If so, they might be confused. Will this continue on my new character when I unlock other worlds like Krokotopia? I just want to know if its my computer thats wrong or is it the game?

Blaze Liontamer, Legendary Theurgist.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
This seems to be a recent glitch. One of my mid level wizards according to the quest log for getting the news was supposed to see Harold Landston in Austriland Grizzleheim.

Another new problem, at least for me is that I can't log onto the help page from the login page. I used to do that to check the message boards while game was loadin.

Anyone else?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Yeah the same thing happened to me I just started up a new fire charchter after i got bored with my legendary ice wizard and the quests started telling me to visit Merle Ambrose in Austriland. But the quest helper still points to his office, but still I am 100% sure I am not going to Austriland in a long time on this character. :/

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Caleb, i said the exact same thing a little while ago. And like you, i am worried for new players. they will not be able to find austrilund and get really frustrated and stop playing. i hope Kingsisle will fix this glitch.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Yea, this happened to me, but I am not new, I am going to delete my lvl 33 life and change my main to a ice, so I know what to do, but this is very confusing

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
simple reason for this everyone is skiing in Wintertusk.

Its the place to be! lol

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
caleb3118 wrote:
Hey, so I completed Wintertusk on my legendary life guy and got bored, so I started a new fire character. As I came across quests that had me go talk to Merle, it said his location was in Austrilund. This also happened with Sabrina Greenstar. It says talk to Sabrina Greenstar in Austrilund above the xp bar. It should say talk to Sabrina Greenstar in the Commons. It isn't really a problem for me because I have completed this game many times before, but does this occur for new players? If so, they might be confused. Will this continue on my new character when I unlock other worlds like Krokotopia? I just want to know if its my computer thats wrong or is it the game?

KI will probably fix this asap.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I'm lvl 20 and in grizzleheim as i'm typing. even though ive never been to Austrilund yet. i was like lvl 4 maybe 5 and it told me to talk to merle ambrose in AUSTRILUND. if i knew what austrilund was back then i would'nt be so bugged about it. Hopefully this wont cause other new players to quit. my brother just started and i dont want him to get mad. please fix this.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Same with me! It once told me to talk to Harold Argleston in Austrillund.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
caleb3118 wrote:

That happened to me but I thought the language messed up.