Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Having problems with Serpent Staff quest

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
I was trying to beat the second guy but couldnt so I went offline and when I came on in the morning I went into the Throne Room of Fire and it said "New Quest:Serpent Staff" I then had to repeat the quest but this time I cant even beat the Prince.I just wanted to know if this was a bug or how it was supposed to be?

Administrator
Some areas of Wizard101 are called Instances.

Instances are personal dungeons. They must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the instance entrance, or going to another instance will reset the instance you started. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before it resets. Up to four people at a time can be in an instance.

You can tell that an area is instanced if there are four small blue circles in front of a door or structure. These are called Sigils. To enter this area, simply walk up to the blue circles, push ‘X’, and wait for the countdown to finish. You can also enter instanced areas with up to four players. To do so, you all have to interact with the circles before the countdown reaches zero.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
It took me four times to get though the entire quest. Then I went in with a friend to help her through it and when she defeated the first boss, she got a lizard pet. I didn't get that. Why did I not get the lizard pet when I did it on my own ? Is it just a random thing?

Administrator
Every creature you encounter has a lot of different things in their pockets. You're not guaranteed to get one particular thing from any one creature unless it is part of a quest.

Each time you face a creature in a duel, you have a chance of getting something from them. For certain items, that chance is very, very low. Think of it as the things they keep at the bottom of their pockets have less chance of falling out.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
nuts4ag wrote:
It took me four times to get though the entire quest. Then I went in with a friend to help her through it and when she defeated the first boss, she got a lizard pet. I didn't get that. Why did I not get the lizard pet when I did it on my own ? Is it just a random thing?

Yes sometimes you get awesome drops like rare clothes, pets, wands, and staffs, and sometimes you get some not so great drops.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
While on topic for instances can we have the instance return time up to say four days. This would be great for long ones like the big ben tower, where kids have limited time to play per day.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I have a slight gripe about the mandatory instances and dungeons. I don't have a lot of friends on the game because I just didn't make any yet. It is impossible to get twenty feet into the dungeon without getting stomped repeatedly. Now, I'm stuck in Krokatopia and in Wizard City where, to advance, I HAVE to fight the dungeon levels. I don't have four people and I don't think that I could round up anyone that would be interested.

So, now, I have no quests with which to increase my level and I have tried to do either instance on my own where I am unceremoniously destroyed withing moments of entering. I'm stuck. Now what?

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Every creature you encounter has a lot of different things in their pockets. You're not guaranteed to get one particular thing from any one creature unless it is part of a quest.

Each time you face a creature in a duel, you have a chance of getting something from them. For certain items, that chance is very, very low. Think of it as the things they keep at the bottom of their pockets have less chance of falling out.

Giant Homonculus must have a really deep pocket where he keeps his Long Blade... :(