Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many attacks? Deck size!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So, our decks have become enormous at legendary. And there are so many goodies to choose from. But I am curious on one thing. how many attack spells do you carry? How many spells do you carry in your deck, excluding amulet spells, wands and treasure:

i suppose my optimum size would be 55 spells with 12-13 attacks. Myth deck.

how do other schools do it? I'm sure fire and storm would have way more attacks on them ya? How many do you carry for your element of choice?

What is your favorite deck?

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
my deck is built for the worst, lol :P

my deck is currently the watchman's deck, but i got pixies, links, emergency prism, elemental and normal blades/ traps, a few sunbirds and meteor strikes, double sheilds, storm attacks ( EXTREME EMERGENCY), cloaks, and fire sheilds, but those are normally for my immolates >:D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
A question that can easily be answered.

(skip 1st 2 paragraphs if it doesnt answer your question)
If you look at the deck's "stats" it tells you just how many cards can be carried at max, how big your sideboard is, how many of each kind of card can be placed at maxed, and, if it's a school deck, how many of that school spell can be carried at max.

Ex: I and using the sea lord's deck of thunder at the time this was posted. by looking at it's "stats", i can figure out that it can hold 55 cards at max, holds 4 cards other then storm cards at max per spell, can hold up to 7 of a storm spell, and have a sideboard of 20 (i can hold up to 20 treasure cards).

Basically regardless of how you switch your decks or cards, you will have an infinite amount of cards to PUT INTO the deck (this doesn't mean you have infinite spell cards per duel). the number of times you can use the spell card is based on how many is placed into the deck. Hope this helped!

Hunter Hunter: Master Diviner in the works

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
i carry a 20 card deck with only garg, 2 blades, and ra. depending on how much life the enemy has. this deck is only for walking around. its a just in case i get pulled into battle.

my crafted deck has 64 cards, and since i can heal do to the life amulet, i got about half heal cards and attack cards, i dont really use treasure cards.

it all depends on the situation. like the last boss in waterworks, you need traps and blades, so i have a 60 card deck with lots of universal blades and traps for my team, with lots of heals and a few attacks, like judgement and ra. reshuffle just in case also.

it really doesnt matter how big the deck is, it all depends on how useful the cards you got are in that battle. you can have a full deck, but if half your cards are not right like having ice shield againts a fire enemy, its worthless. you gotta make each card count, the least cards you delete, the more you can do with your deck.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I tend to have around seven different decks of all different sizes, each set up a bit differently and each still of use. The small decks are often the best as there is less of a chance that the bogusly programmed "random" deals will stack all of your attacks or blades or shields at the end so you never see them until you discard everything turn after turn after turn after turn. It isn't so much how many cards you have or how many attacks, its quickness of play and ease of use and being able to have the right cards at the right time. I use so many different decks cause it is easier to keep track of them when they have different names.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Right now I have three decks on each character. One is a mixed deck, one is a main school deck, and my last is a secondary school deck.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Keep it simple and focused and you'll have more success, if you change your deck according to what you're fighting you'll find yourself if not dying less often at least killing the easier mobs quite a bit faster while taking less damage. Sometimes I go overboard with this and pull out the calculator to figure out what I'll need, you don't need to do that just be aware of what you're fighting and put in your deck what you need taking into account fizzle and damage you are likely to take. My decks almost never exceed 30 cards in the main and 8 on the side which generally includes all my heals usually (4 keen eyed Satyr) and some backup damage (4 Monstrous Orthrus). Unless i'm fighting in pvp in which case I load up prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
One thing I've learned through low level pvp is that've smaller deck can be very effective, less cards means you have a better chance of drawing exactly what you need.

I run a big deck with around 35 cards in it, alot of empty space in the main but a full side deck. Balance amulet for quick and cheap reshuffles (carry two) Gargantuan attacks made then put in your side is a good way of getting your hits exactly when you need them. My deck is smaller than most but VERY effective for my playing style.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Defender
Oct 24, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
So, our decks have become enormous at legendary. And there are so many goodies to choose from. But I am curious on one thing. how many attack spells do you carry? How many spells do you carry in your deck, excluding amulet spells, wands and treasure:

i suppose my optimum size would be 55 spells with 12-13 attacks. Myth deck.

how do other schools do it? I'm sure fire and storm would have way more attacks on them ya? How many do you carry for your element of choice?

What is your favorite deck?

I believe Balance needs a really big deck. cuz most buffs are free to balance wizards. Then they have lots of leftover training points. As for other schools, I dont know. Mine is 55 with all healing spells and a few life attacks. My second school is storm but I don't really like it anymore cuz I fizzle and then I run out of mana trying to cast the spell again and again.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
My deck is set up for quick spamming, i get a power pip every turn so i have
5 gargantuan
5 monsterous
7 dark sprites
7 ghouls
7 banshees
7 poisons
1 of every school taught double shield from my wand
and a tower shield from pendant
1 balance blade also from pendant
(and my pet card ominous scarecrow just in case)
It works great with a high attack boost and sometimes critical

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
My deck at the moment is the Celestian deck. It can hold 64 spells. 5 of each spell. I do not use a myth only deck cause then I put too many myth spells in. I put in every attack spell to max from pip 4 and above. So that would be 25 attack spells. 4 of each shields and 5 of tower shields in my deck. So that would be 21 shields with a total of 46 spells. 4-5 minions which is about 51 spells. 6 healing spells so 57 now. 5 star spells so 62. And the last 2 cards, my school bubble. This is the deck that got me to warlord in PvP. But when I got to warlord, there was no medusa so instead, my deck had no medusa and amplify.
This is the prefect deck for me for PvP and PvE.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
PvP Warlord

Historian
May 01, 2010
my deck is an all round deck, the only time i change it is when i am against a fire boss or monster

i got the deck of cinders on my fire, so i am pretty sure i have 55 max spells and that really is the only deck i have on that character. and in that, i have six helephant, dragon and efreet. with a couple of heals and life spells, astral spells, and most of the fire spells built around there for easy access to what i need.