Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cut Ice Some Slack

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Basically what the title says. Why do other schools get favored over others, i mean you can say its not true but it sure feels like it. Everyone is better than ice now a days. All our newest spells are meant to just benefit other people. And when they did realize this what did we get +40 damage to collosus we deserve a lot more than this especially if the game is letting every school gain and stack resistance and health which used to be our whole thing. I mean if not buff us at least bring the other schools to our level. Think about it how many people use tower shield to their benefit..... this is just turning ice into a side school, i dont like people saying i have to help them because that what ice was designed to do. I say ice should be their own players and Wizard shouldnt keep giving us spells that benefit the people we quest or pvp with

Legion shield- this basically shields everyone, its a decent spell but its not what ice needs

Frozen Armor- We already had a decent absorb and its not worth it because its so easy to get rid of now a days

Snow Angel- The taunt on all i think thats just so when questing the monsters attack the ice while the other schools can get the kill.

You can argue it's team work but ice should get some glory and shouldnt always be a second rate school

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
You are joking right? Ice has had the most benefits out of any school by far, and it is not a huge secret either most people in the game know! No school got that great of a new spell, you want to cry unfair but what about say death school? While ice could use gargantuan the whole time since it came out death wasn't even able to use gargantuan on half their spells! Seriously I am amazed at this post because everyone knows ice had the upper hand for awhile now! Check the charts to see for yourself

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
One more thing. Ice has huge health and high resist and you are crying unfair that other schools are getting that benefit too? Really lol? Every school should have had resist long ago when ice got it. They are finally making the game fair for every school and ice isn't going to beable to trample everyone as easily now. That is what you are upset about right ? Ice will have to actually try harder now like everyone else! Ice had a huge benefit for a long time and other schools know the changes are fair and just!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
what do you think about balance?

people are always asking me to blade them, use a trap ect ect. we can also blade all, and we have the right shields for everyone.

does that make us a second rate school?

i dont know how you feel ice needs to help everyone cause i hardly have ice give me anything but a tower shield maybe, witch i dont need cause i have the 80% and 2 70% and a 50% for ice. if anything they ask balance for more help than ice and i dont feel like you feel about glory.

it dont matter who gets the glory kill, as long as the job gets done. you dont get extra for killing the enemies anyway, and the XP is in the quest, so killing enemies is worth nothing, so you might as well chip in.

i know you said the thing about team work, but thats what it boils down to.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I agree.... Life is the same way, we only have like 2 spells that do good damage. Honestly, i dont think i have ever seen anyone with level 60 life. Hopefully, they will add more spells for us and not the big schools.

Defender
May 27, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Basically what the title says. Why do other schools get favored over others, i mean you can say its not true but it sure feels like it. Everyone is better than ice now a days. All our newest spells are meant to just benefit other people. And when they did realize this what did we get +40 damage to collosus we deserve a lot more than this especially if the game is letting every school gain and stack resistance and health which used to be our whole thing. I mean if not buff us at least bring the other schools to our level. Think about it how many people use tower shield to their benefit..... this is just turning ice into a side school, i dont like people saying i have to help them because that what ice was designed to do. I say ice should be their own players and Wizard shouldnt keep giving us spells that benefit the people we quest or pvp with

Legion shield- this basically shields everyone, its a decent spell but its not what ice needs

Frozen Armor- We already had a decent absorb and its not worth it because its so easy to get rid of now a days

Snow Angel- The taunt on all i think thats just so when questing the monsters attack the ice while the other schools can get the kill.

You can argue it's team work but ice should get some glory and shouldnt always be a second rate school

I agree with you, I am Ice and people always say I have to help them cause that's what Ice is supposed to do, but I do have my own things to do, but others just use me as a Minion to do their biding and when I don't they get upset, KI stop giving us stuff that is meant to benefit the others, I would at least like the Taunt on Snow Angel removed cause that is not useful and some may say it works but it doesn't, the least they could do was remove that effect, or remove the effect and up the damage a little, or remove the Taunt and replace it with a Tower Shield to Team, instead of Taunt All Enemies, I also think Frozen Armor was just a waste, Ice should have gotten something actually useful, it may be able to be used on anyone but for all your pips on a Shield that can just be easily by passed? I think not, KI you really need to rethink these two spells, as for Legion Shield I must say I love it. it comes in handy when I need to shield everyone but don't want to do it one at a time, though I would raise the -30% to -50% and make it cost two power pips. KI stop favoring other schools more, and don't you think Storm is becoming a tad overpowered? I once saw a team of Storms all cast tempest first round and win in a PvP Match and none of them fizzled. I am tired of Ice being put down as the underdog, and even when we reach a point to we're not just Human Shields, they just have to bring us down, and KI why? why bring down Ices Resist? it's bad enough all the other Schools got Universal Resist, but lowering Ices? That is just going to far for a few complaints, if anything with adding Universal Resist to the other Schools we should get more Resist to compensate for losing something special to the Ice School, I hope this post really makes you think KI.
That's my two cents

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I think they wanted to make it even because:

Ice: Has the highest health and weakest spells.

Storm: Has the lowest health and strongest spells.

~Kelly
The life wizard

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
One more thing. Ice has huge health and high resist and you are crying unfair that other schools are getting that benefit too? Really lol? Every school should have had resist long ago when ice got it. They are finally making the game fair for every school and ice isn't going to beable to trample everyone as easily now. That is what you are upset about right ? Ice will have to actually try harder now like everyone else! Ice had a huge benefit for a long time and other schools know the changes are fair and just!

what are you talking about?? Ice has never trampled over anyone, the death school is one of the most OP schools to the game, you guys got the most powerful 58 skeleton dragon does more total damage than levianthan plus now you can use gargantuan on any of your attack and get back life spells. I'm sorry but you just can't argue that ice is being made weaker than it already was i'm sorry but unless your saying ice underpowered your most likely wrong and i disagree completely..... Look at the new gear everyone has resistance the one thing that tried to keep balance and ice still loses look at our attacks and look how hard it is to level an ice, we dont get a blade till level 38, the game realizes we are underpowered to which makes a lot of arguements agains this post vein you know they did because they had to give collosus an extra 40 damage... Ice has never had the benefit everyone is upset because it takes longer to kill an ice but they never say they lose to an ice and everyone is upset that oh i cant one shot someone and they cry about it and make post trying to deny the truth but as always known True Justice will prevail.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
kellkan wrote:
I think they wanted to make it even because:

Ice: Has the highest health and weakest spells.

Storm: Has the lowest health and strongest spells.

~Kelly
The life wizard

I can see you said it very politely and ill try to respond in the same way.

My biggest problem with storm now is it ability to critcal instantly consider this, if you have your waterworks gear thats up to like if i remember what my storm friend said +82% storm damage plus gargantuan on a tempest on your first turn with two power pips, so alone that would be 991 damage, this is first turn btw and with storms critical its about well do the math, putting up a ratio you guys will critical one out of 3 spells cast now imagine thats a critcal thats basically 1983 damage, in all reality thats half my health lol first turn, and then lets see another power pip next turn a tempest with gargantuan is 700 damage criticalled which happens very often i'm dead and any other school that stands in storms way. granted resistance and shields but still no one should be able to do that in first 2 turns

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
tEKNIq1979 wrote:
what do you think about balance?

people are always asking me to blade them, use a trap ect ect. we can also blade all, and we have the right shields for everyone.

does that make us a second rate school?

i dont know how you feel ice needs to help everyone cause i hardly have ice give me anything but a tower shield maybe, witch i dont need cause i have the 80% and 2 70% and a 50% for ice. if anything they ask balance for more help than ice and i dont feel like you feel about glory.

it dont matter who gets the glory kill, as long as the job gets done. you dont get extra for killing the enemies anyway, and the XP is in the quest, so killing enemies is worth nothing, so you might as well chip in.

i know you said the thing about team work, but thats what it boils down to.

I hope i'm not posting to much at the same time but just trying to answer your guys's comments but it happens that i do have a legendary balance which i love the school is great. But i just in my own opinion get a lot more respect when i'm helping someone as a balance people never say its my job to shield them like they do when i'm ice, they always will say can i please have a blade instead of argue when i'm on my ice tower me your ice its your job to tower me. And most ice dont like helping because frankly they never ask politely or try to make it seem like i'm useful they just expect me to do in turn i dont believe they deserve the help they are asking for.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:

I can't agree with Snow Angel, but the others are true.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
now now are the ice students complaining again? what about myth all we get is minions and they are not really help and ice angel is one of the best legendary spells what about medusa atleast you guys get a good damage change between ice giant and angel the difference between orthrus and medusa is 65

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
Well i'm not sure how to respond to your post. Ice has some weak attack spells but life is the weakest. Life has basically no attack spells only healing. my other wizard Jesse crowrider is lvl 3 because i don't play him much due to the fact that life has no good attack spells. i zero in on the fire wizard because of awesome attack spells.

Justin Hawkflame/Jesse Crowrider

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
jed568 wrote:
now now are the ice students complaining again? what about myth all we get is minions and they are not really help and ice angel is one of the best legendary spells what about medusa atleast you guys get a good damage change between ice giant and angel the difference between orthrus and medusa is 65

I been trying to answer everyone's comments so here is my answer to yours. Its not really complaining its just fact. And with myth idk what your talking about i love my myth i could easily bet my myth could take down my ice. Use of minions is great if you get the treasure card that sacrifices a minion for pips i can basically orthrus the first turn and critical, medusa stuns for 2 turns, and you dont have problems with shields ever unless you just are hitting and hoping something happens you can crit often. And really going up from 475 damage?? People complain that ice has all these spells but i swear if you offered them to other schools they would be completely outraged, Like i said before i base my stuff on fact just because you lost a pvp match to an ice doesnt count as a legitament fact that ice is OP. But thats been driving this whole arguement its always the same, " I always beat ice in PvP but today i lost to an ice that means they OP right?" honestly its just i cant even stand it.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
i competely agree. i am and always will be an ice and i thonk that since wintertusk came out ice has become weak compared to other schools. today i saw a storm battling in the waterworks and i decided to see what his stats were. 82% boost to storm, 2261 health, 71% power pip, 181 critical, and 28 resist. see? completely unfair. i have 44 resist, 40 ice boost, 70% power pip, 3920 health, and 63 critical. lets compare shall we?

critical: 63 to 181-storm wins
power pip%: 70 to71- storm wins
resist: 44 to 28- ice wins
health: 3920 to 2261- ice wins
boost: 40 to 82- storm wins

so its 2 to 3 storm wins. but let me see... since when did storm have a resist to everything? especially a kinda big resist. and really? a 181 critical? who can block that? and ofcourse almost a complete 100% double in the boost.

now allow me to explain my stats. my boosts come from special crafted ring and athame combo. my resist comes from my pet.my critical comes from waterworks gear that took me a week to get.

now further. getting my ice boost cost at least 300 health. yes thats right before i needed the crafted ring and athame i had over 4200 health. which came from a specially bred pet and a crafted wintertusk amulet. so to get a big boost i have to sacrifice health?

now everything else is pretty much self explanitory (storm has better critical because of gear blah blah blah) but now you can see that if the storm knows how to stack blades and traps then they can probaly take out at least half my life with one levythian.

now the past. everyone probaly knows how celestia was the im sorry world for ice when they gave us an amazing spell and awsome gear with a big resist that is way better than any other schools. but now they forgot all about that and shoved us right back to the bottom. and by now some of you may be thinking of pvp. im still kind of talking about that but im also taking about the regular monsters. in the waterworks a few days ago i was beaten. by regular monsters. that hasnt happened in months. MONTHS! even when i got to the boss he was easier than the monsters and i beat him easy. and the reason im kind of picking on storm is because the monsters who beat me were storm. and just ti be fair ill talk slightly about another school. in the same day i found this storm i was also battling with a myth. they used an earthquake on some ememies. it hit over 1000! and he only had one blade. i know he used gargantuan but even with that he would have to almost double tha dammage. lets see if we round it to 500 hit points plus a 35% blade he would have to have a 65% boost. how is that possible? i didnt check his stats though. but anyway, see? all the schools are better than ice.

(one thing i would like to say is that for other weak schools like life or balance i do not mean you. another thing is that death students. you are not weak. you can heal and attack at the same time. and with skeletal dragon you can easily beat snow angel. ty and goodbye)

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Blaze your completely right and thats the problem they shouldnt have gear that gives universal resist. It's ice's thing it was our thing that made us good, every school has an advantage but slowly ice's is deterirating because instead of dragging our resistance down, everyone else's resistance is going up while we have to take damage deduction, and critical deductions "To make it fair" but they dont they just get universal resistance its like what thes point in being ice if their taking the one thing that kept balance

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
minniecooper wrote:
I agree.... Life is the same way, we only have like 2 spells that do good damage. Honestly, i dont think i have ever seen anyone with level 60 life. Hopefully, they will add more spells for us and not the big schools.

What do you mean you have ever seen anyone with a level 60 life. There are many, many including mine out there. I chip in damage wise just like everyone else eventhough my hits are not always as high, they still hold their own. I have played with people numerous times and at the end of the battle they say, " I'll never say life doesn't hit hard again!". I have several wizards and I enjoy the life more than any of the rest.

Cyrilla

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Well, I'm ice and if you're complaining about ice, start complaining about life. Ice doesn't have healing spells, that's why we have so much health, Life has healing spells and tons of health. Take s life and combine it with storm or fire, boom. It's an indestructable person with powerfulness and healing.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
minniecooper wrote:

Life is actually in a really good state right now, just from my own opinion with the new spell triage. Talk about like argueably the best spell in the game. It doesnt cost a pip and it wont fizzle. Removing damage over time completely sabotages any ice wizard, any death wizard, and it efficiently can stop a fire wizard

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
minniecooper wrote:

LOL, there are many legendary theurgists running around the Spiral. We're perfectly happy with ours spells, thanks very much :)

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist

PS- I'm not understanding OPs complaint. Aren't we all supposed to help one another in the game? That would make every school a helping school, which strikes me as very nice.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Sorry for being rude but this thread is just a joke to me. Ice gets to stack blades just like any other school to maximize damage. Ice is the only school to get an extra 40% blade with the celestia pendants. Nobody should have a hard time in pve using ice with proper deck selection. As far as pvp is concerned, I'm truly sorry you can't just knock people down like a steamroller anymore but you'll adapt and have to work for it like everyone else. I've seen an ice wizard take down the squid in waterworks in one hit, having trouble getting your damage up? Train feint, you should have a few extra training points because every other school has to use seven to get tower. People complaining here about ice have not heard or seen ice wizards like digby strongheart wipe the floor with every school before snow angel, one of the best level 58 spells in the game. Poor ice :( triage took the wind right out of fire putting out it's main specialty damage over time. What exactly are you complaining about? Most health or the best resist in the game? No that's fine right? You just want more power to go with all that? Seriously?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
Blaze your completely right and thats the problem they shouldnt have gear that gives universal resist. It's ice's thing it was our thing that made us good, every school has an advantage but slowly ice's is deterirating because instead of dragging our resistance down, everyone else's resistance is going up while we have to take damage deduction, and critical deductions "To make it fair" but they dont they just get universal resistance its like what thes point in being ice if their taking the one thing that kept balance
ok, ice still has the highest health on top of resist. in Blaze's example, the storm will die if you do 3140. the ice will take 7000 damage to kill. the higher the health a person has, the more their resist benefits them. people must not realize this, because if they do, they are just complaining to trick others into seeing things their way. ice is still right in balance with all the schools once you realize this. -eli and crew

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I know what the charts show and showed and ice was always on top! That is just a fact! The only few people I see complaining about the changes now a few ice! Every school is close to fair now as close as it has ever been! Now death can use gargantuan but we couldn't for months! Did you see any death saying unfair? A lot of the time it isn't even the school or the spells that are wrong or unfair but the players who aren't doing all they can to be the most powerful! Be the best with what you have or what spells you got instead of concentrating on what everyone else has cause I promise you ice isn't unfair at all and most people besides a few of you ice people will and would agree with me on that!