Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Removing quests from book

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Since the game has created new quests and I consider them to be much harder to complete. The game needs to set up a way to remove the quests from your book if you decide you dont want to do the quest.
The crab alley quest I tried now three times twice was a wash third time game Graphics quit on me making me lose all progress anyway.
Since I decided that none of my other wizards will do this quest, I should be able to remove it from my book. This should be an option a player should have. To decline after accepting and remove it from the book. After all you are blindly accepting a quest that I have learned that a big percentage of the time you might not want it. Especially the new quests.
This is why I have not went to the new section of the game. The quests there are probably not what I want. To accept them would mean i have to complete them regardless of how hard they are. So in future I will not accept any new quests because they are there forever or until completed.
Just saying what I feel about new quests and being stuck with them. If you like them , more power to you. But for me I dont enjoy fights where I am out pip, out health, out spelled, and anything including game malfunction can remove all progress. I rather not do the quest......... My Loss? No its just part of the game i dont find appealing.......

Administrator
Goodness please don't make Prospector Zeke repeat himself!

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27843.ftl#150791

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
KI made a big change to questing. The required quests can no longer be declined. So any quest with an "accept" and "decline" button is optional. Simply decline from the beginning.
By the way, at some point in those quests, you have the option of declining out of continuation.
I have a couple of left over quests with my legendary wizard but the only one that bugs me is the crafting one. I think the crafting quests should be able to be removed, but that's all.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Goodness please don't make Prospector Zeke repeat himself!

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27843.ftl#150791

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Professor, maybe it would be prudent to just add a link instead of adding a whole post. Conserves time, I believe!