Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Idea for Non-Carded Pets

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I find it very unfair that some pets do not come with their own card. It just seems like Wizard101 was very lazy and only finished some pets half way.

Anyway, it would be nice if non-carded pets could go to the Pet Pavilon and for a price of gold be able to select their pet's card. Only pets without cards would be able to do this, and they could do it only once. This would mean that players could look forward to new pets that don't have cards already on them as they give them some flexibility of choice.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Add Mr Lincoln to the pet area for:

Buy back pet talents and skill points
"Train" your pet to cast a card naturally (OP idea)
Allow us to identify a pets potential skills prior to training
Provide a guide on training, breeding and potential pet abilities and how they help the pet, player and in the derby

I've often thought that if when I got a new egg I could see the abilities it could get once it hatches and I train it up I would know if it was worth the treats or time.

Some pets I pick up cause theyare cool looking others I get cause of the skills. It would be awesome if when I crossed the two that I could take the egg to someone like Mr Lincoln and him say well this egg shows me that this pet has potential...

I would get all excited about 2 or 3 skills and go about leveling the pet to try and get those skills.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
not a bad idea, but they should limit which cards you choose or else people would be giving like, thier pet unicorn levy spell lol

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Sure, why not. for this idea, though, what about pets that don't get a card till adult or ancient? would they be able to get a different card instead of what they normally would get? i could see a lot of pets ending up with feints or tower shields with this, actually.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
But, some pets already gain skills that add cards to your spell deck. I have a fearce hound that knows feinting spell. The talent on the pet gives me the feint spell. I have a starfish that has a talent that gives me a blizzard card. With these type talents I could eventually hatch a pet that gave me four different cards. Besides the cards that come on specific pets cannot be inherated.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
Sure, why not. for this idea, though, what about pets that don't get a card till adult or ancient? would they be able to get a different card instead of what they normally would get? i could see a lot of pets ending up with feints or tower shields with this, actually.

If they pet has its own card regardless of when it gets it then it does not count as a pet without a card and therefore could not choose a card.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
zebulous wrote:
But, some pets already gain skills that add cards to your spell deck. I have a fearce hound that knows feinting spell. The talent on the pet gives me the feint spell. I have a starfish that has a talent that gives me a blizzard card. With these type talents I could eventually hatch a pet that gave me four different cards. Besides the cards that come on specific pets cannot be inherated.

cards obtained from talents isn't what this is about, what this is about is the free card pets have that they don't recive from their talents learned

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Here are some ideas:
MO = Members Only
Imp could buy:
Imp - 500 Gold
Leperachaun - 1,250 Gold
Sprite - 3,000 Gold (MO)
Life Shield - 900 Gold
Life Blade - 2,000 Gold (MO)

Blue Cyclops could buy:
Blood Bat - 400 Gold
Troll - 750 Gold
Cyclops - 1,500 Gold
Humongo Frog - 10,000 Gold (MO)
Myth Leperachaun - 2,500 Gold (MO)
Vaporize - 12,500 Gold (MO) --> 20,000 to get 2 vaporize

Piggle Could buy:
any level 1 spell - 455 Gold
Scorpian - 800 Gold
Sprite - 1,500 Gold (MO)
Myth Blade - 2,000 Gold
Unbalance - 5,000 Gold (MO)

And most imporantly..... Sea Dragon could buy: (this is a long list :D)
Sandstorm - 5,000 Gold (MO)
Feint - 9,000 Gold (MO)
Hex - 6,000 Gold (MO)
Balance Blade - 7,500 Gold (MO)
Satyr - 12,000 Gold (MO)
Ice Wyvern - 15,000 Gold (MO)
Tempest - 30,000 Gold (MO)
Kraken - 15,000 Gold (MO)
Storm Shark - 4,000 Gold (not MO :D)
Triton - 32,500 Gold (MO)
Storm Lord - 50,000 Gold (MO)
Water Dragon(storm version of fire dragon) - 60,000 Gold (MO!!)
Regenerate - 20,000 Gold (MO)
Helephant - 17,500 Gold (MO)
Jade Oni - 20,000 Gold (MO)
Leviathan - 65,000 Gold (MO) (Storm wizards Only)

Sry if some cost to much, but thx for reading and sry for making this so long it was just my opinions and I just touched the surface XD, there is so much more.
See ya in the Spiral!,
Nicholas rubyshard, Legendary Pyromancer
EDITED:[added on]
Snake in a basket could buy:
Thundersnake - 550 Gold
Scarab - 450 Gold
Humongofrog - 5,000 Gold (MO)
Feint - 9,000 Gold (MO)
Balance blade - 7,500 Gold (MO)
Vampire - 4,000 Gold
Leviathan - 50,000 Gold (MO) (storm wizards only)
Phoenix - 12,000 Gold (MO)
Fire Dragon - 50,000 Gold (MO)

Unicorn could buy:
Imp - 300 Gold
Leprechaun - 500 Gold
Unicorn - 2,560 Gold (1,000 for Members)
Centaur - 15,000 Gold (MO)
Still going to add more on soon

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
or maybe just stitching pets. i want my pet unicorn to have the unicorn spell, but my piggle has the unicorn card with it so. :(

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If pets had ranks, such as unicorn = rank 1, sea dragon 6 or 7 or whatever it is, then the cards they could pick from would be capped by the pet's rank. The higher the rank the higher the gold cost to get the card you want for it would be.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think I like the card purchaseable for gold based upon pedigree the best, and Wizard101 could also put in stipulations upon what age any pet must be to be able to choose such a card if it doesn't already come with one.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I would very much like to see this happen. I would make the card selection that non-carded pets could choose from based upon their pedigree.